Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ASTRO CITY figures and other lines that just didnt make it..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:40 pm 
Damage Control

For the longest time I have loved the ASTRO CITY books and when I saw figures come out, I know I would collect them. Out they did come and Out they did go, 2 variations of the SAMARITAN and three variations of the CONFESSOR and that was that. No WINGED VICTORY, no JACK IN THE BOX, no SILVER AGENT nor the rest that were hopefully to come.

What happened? Guess the line just couldnt make it. The figures were okay, but the stories really sold me, too bad Busiek couldnt make ASTRO CITY as popular as JUSTICE. The covers were all mostly done by ALEX ROSS which just goes to show, some folks get it and some dont.

I was sorry to see this line end, I hope, desperately hope, that one day it will get picked up again and we will see all the other characters that live in ASTRO CITY and BEYOND. The ASTRO CITY journey still continues and THE DARK AGE is upon us.

Is there a line that you wanted to continue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:38 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Those figures sucked hole.

I would love for Marvel Toys to get the license...THEN we'd see an Astro City line done justice.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:14 am 
Damage Control

Alot of other lines didnt have such great figures, but the lines were made nonetheless.

BUCK ROGERS had gi joe-esque figures and pretty cool ships, would have been interesting to see what other ships could have been made-SEARCHER, RANGER 3 and various FIGHTERS like HAWK'S ship would have been interesting.

FISHER PRICE ADVENTURE PEOPLE sets were the basis for the SW line, wonder where else the adventures could have gone. The space line was actually pretty cool with a SHUTTLE, MINING ROVER, HOVERCRAFT and LUNAR VEHICLE. The astronauts looked quite ahead of thier time and the space commander was possibly the beginning of a SPACE STATION line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:17 am 
proverbial old fart

When the Astro City figures were in the works there seemed to be an army of small companies getting the licenses and, if you were lucky, one or two of the figures would actually see the light of day.

I remember the Astro City figures and lots of others were only available in comic shops which limited their chances for success as a line.

Maybe we'll see them reborn with the new Marvel Toys line...