Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:49 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Sure man, that'd be much appreciated. I'm always on the lookout for anything vintage toys, especially packaged.

I'm slowing down a bit to get some cash in the bank, but am working on a deal for a boxed Falcon, Death Star, and Slave I...hopefully I'll know soon.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:42 pm 
proverbial old fart

JuliusMarx wrote:
When I worked for Disney (working at one of the Glendale buildings) one of the maintenance guys I knew saw all the toys in my office and said to me "You know they have a bunch of that stuff next door, right?" I had no idea what he meant. I then found out that the building next door to me was one of the wardrobe houses. This guy also worked for them so he took me in there. Hanging on the racks... all the TRON costumes... and then in the back, high on a shelf... Old B.O.B... just sitting there. The full sized prop.

So cool.

And you didn't steal it?!? :twisted:

Man, I would have spent days figuring out how to have B.O.B. end up in the trunk of my Oldsmobile!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:44 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Man, I couldn't pay that for anything (mainly cuz I don't have that kind of money) but since I'm an opener and prefer stuff off card so that's what I'd look for. I had V.I.N.Cent & Maximillion when I was a kid and there's no telling what happened to them but when I mentioned wanting a V.I.N.Cent to a friend of mine recently, he told me he had an extra and gave it to me. It was in decent shape and even had the little stand. I bought his lunch that day. Looking at those toys on the shelf, I saw some of the Buck Rogers stuff. Man, I had a couple of those and used them with my Star Wars stuff.