Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: RETRO TOYS-Are they making a comeback?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:54 am 
Damage Control

Space 1999 and STAR TREK Megos are definately back, does this mean other properties are coming back as well? Dare we hope? Recently I picked up another MEGO BUCK ROGERS STARFIGHTER/THUNDER FIGHTER and it got me thinking, would collectors want to see this beautiful ship again? Done right, one could get BUCK or WILMA and a cool ship. Im sure there is still a market for it. The BUCK ROGERS STARFIGHTER is one of the most highly sought after toy starships on ebay. I actually had a chance to get a Draconian Maurader but declined, but the STARFIGHTER, who could pass that up? The mold is pretty simple and no electronics are there, in fact most of the earlier space toys didnt have any-none needed, only imagination. Space 1999 EAGLE ONE by Mattel is still a highly sought after item as well. Im not really sure if it would go over well, after all it is 3 foot long. Buck Rogers ship tho is geared for the 3 3/4 line and figures are similar to the o ring Joes of the 80s, my only wish is that they put a vinyl starfighter helmet on the figure, that would just totally rock this package. I know other toys are still in the making but it gets me to wondering since most of the toy collectors are from the 60s, 70s and 80s just how far the industry will go to tap our wallets.

Other properties

THE BLACK HOLE-with a PALOMINO PLAYSET

STAR TREK-TMP/TWOK-the 3 3/4 line was suppose to have a shuttle, one similar to the top of the Vulcan shuttle spock had in TMP but with STARFLEET decals

MAN FROM ATLANTIS-I just want the 4 sphere sub NAUTILUS

SPEED RACER-still waiting to get the SHOOTING STAR, will it ever be made? The large one from RESUARUS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:38 am 
Tis' but a pup

And that's just naming a few! This years International Toyfair was flooded with retro toys. The Ideal remakes are what really caught my eye. Whats old is new again but for how long it's anyones guess. Enjoy it while it lasts.