Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Favorite Vintage Star Wars Figure(s)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:43 am 
Collector Inspector

Ok I know alot of us here collected or still collect argurably the most influental small action figure line of all time. Here's a place to discuss your favorite figures. Or heck is there a figure or two that you hate, let's talk about those too.

My personal favorites are

Cloud City Lando Calrissian (with Teeth) I know this isn't the greatest plastic representation of the smoothest MOFO in the galaxy but it's the first. And factor in that Lando is my favorite character he earns the top spot. Giving him a big old toothy grin is just a bonus.

R2-D2. R2 went everywhere with me as a child and he and C3PO always cracked me up. And while better R2's have come along, nothing beat the clicking noise that the original had.

Luke as a stormtrooper. I always like figures that have removable helmets. SO when I got this Luke I was thrilled. He was able to blend in with the other troppers and then attack from within. Oh what memories! Of course the POTF version is better but we're not talking about modern stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:34 am 
Fugitive Dust

Good question, I'd have to say:

C3PO- First figure I ever got, hadn't even seen Star Wars

Sandperson- My parents brought this back as a sample from toyfair, I still remember tearing the 12 back card.

DeathSquad Commander- I just think he's neat

First Han Solo- The only MOC SW figure I have in my collection.

Snaggletooth- For some reason I remember buying him and thinking it was a really big deal.

I liked Star Wars a great deal but the first twelve seem to have the fondest memories for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:44 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

For me :

R2-D2 - First figure I ever received. Got him from my then-newborn baby brother on my birthday in 1978 at the same time I got a new bike. My folks were expecting the bike to be the 'big present' of the day, and I ignored it and played with R2 for the rest of the night. :)

IG-88 and Rebel Hoth Soldier - My folks went away for a weekend vacation, and my grandmother was bringing me home from school that Friday to get my stuff and stay with my grandparents. On the kitchen table was a note from my mom with both of these carded figures. I was happier than a clam in crap, and remember the moment vividly.

Amanaman - Still remember being in a mall in 1987 and stopping in a KB Toy store. Saw him for 89 cents and was suprised to find a figure I still didn't have. Found two others I didn't have there, as well, but don't remember which ones. Amanaman stood out because he was HUGE and freaky looking. I also bought several others at the same price and kept them in the package, thus beginning my 'official' toy-collecting days. Within 3 years I had over 150 carded Star Wars figures from POTF back to the 12-backs.

Thanks for this thread! A trip down memory lane is always welcomed. :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:01 am 
Killer Mothman

Death Squad Commander - I have no idea why, but he'll always be my favorite.

Boba Fett - Non-rocket launching aside, Fett was my "first pick" during play sessions (I knew no one wanted to pick DS commander first, plus I had 6 of 'em)

Han Solo (Hoth Gear) - The hood up and the loop on the holster that allowed you to store the blaster was the best! And for the record, that jacket IS blue.

Bossk - My favorite spacer redneck lizard bounty hunter.

Cloud Car Pilot - Considering Hasbro had almost no reference to work from, this guy turned out great. Plus he was one of the first figures to come with an accessory that wasn't a blaster.

Blue Snaggletooth - My other favorite. Them metal boots were just kewl!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:55 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

I always liked the little guys:

Yoda

Wicket

R5-D4 - love the orange

I also really love ReeYees. Not sure why!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:45 am 
Daniel Pickett

Gah! it's like trying choose which child I love the most.

I'm gonna say R2-D2...(hm... scanning my big framed poster of all the figures...)... the Jawa (I was the first kid in my neighbor hood to get one, my grandmother found him at an Otasco store in Sand Springs, Ok... then a neighbor kid down the street stole him and when my parents, God blass them, offered a $2 reward for him the guy we all KNEW took him suddenly 'found' it "in the street")... Boba Fett ( I ordered like 6 of him in the mail away)... and the Biker Scout (I always thought he was one of the most accurate sculpts).

The 2 figures that I always wanted but never had were Han in Carbonite and Luke as a stormtrooper. For some reasone some time around 85 I started getting in to Transfromers and missed out on all of the POTF figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Yoda

I'm the kid with the broken arm.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:37 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Awesome picture!!!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:20 am 
An Insider

Lobot and hammerhead where smuggling partners and rivals of Han and Chewie. Although I never called him Lobot at the time, nope he was just Lubic Strickland for me in 1987 and to him everybody was a “slacker”. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:39 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Bossk and Yoda, mainly because I sent away for Bossk using proof of purchases cut from old cards and ran to the mailbox every day for what seemed to be months. Yoda was similar, our Zayres didn't get them in until well after they'd been shipping.

Zayres. So long since I'd thought of them that I had to google it to make sure I was spelling their name right! There's proof I'm a 70s child right there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:36 pm 
1. 3p0
2. han solo
3. chewbacca
then all the rest. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:03 am 
Tis' but a pup

Tough choice. I'd have to go with Vadar, Fett and Yoda. My older brother introduced me to Starwars like he did so many other toy lines. I can remember always wanting to hang around with his friends and after nagging him to death I finally got him to let me tag along to go see Starwars at the movies. I guess that's one of the perks about having an older brother. He was always bringing home such cool stuff that I had never seen before. It definitely has it's down side too. Once he introduced me to fireworks, many of my action figures suffered a horrible death. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:03 pm 
An Insider

Roback wrote:
Tough choice. I'd have to go with Vadar, Fett and Yoda. My older brother introduced me to Starwars like he did so many other toy lines. I can remember always wanting to hang around with his friends and after nagging him to death I finally got him to let me tag along to go see Starwars at the movies. I guess that's one of the perks about having an older brother. He was always bringing home such cool stuff that I had never seen before. It definitely has it's down side too. Once he introduced me to fireworks, many of my action figures suffered a horrible death. :lol:

haha. yeah but that’s just payback for all the crap that "mom" let us break of our older brothers toys. As a toddler I destroyed my ten year old brother's talking Knightrider Kitt car by "turbo-boosting" it off the top of the stares in 1983. He got his payback by braking six of my Ninja Turtle foot solders in 1987! Hahah he got yelled at because she spent weeks hunting for those things!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:38 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Boba Fett!

and the imprisoned Leah! :wink: