Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 am 
5th Horseman

Oh man, that's insane! They would've made basically all the big (and minor) villains, and all the supporting cast! Gizmo Duck and Morgana too!? I so wish they made those now.

Thanks for sharing that anyway, I appreciate it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:24 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

stewbacca, is that the DWD pic you were linking too?

Holy freaking moley! Quackerjack looks GREAT, and Morgana's not too shabby at all! J Gander? Gryzlikoff? ALIEN HATS!!!

That photo makes me VERY HAPPY! Sure, I'd love to OWN Morgana or Quacky, but hey...at least we have a photo to admire.

Negaduck looks a little wierd from that angle...and it's obvious they were having problems with the Gizmoduck wheel issue...but wow. WOW!

Thanks for posting the pic. Are there any other rare DWD toy pics, or is this "the one"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:52 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I bought a couple of Darkwing Duck figures when they came out, same for Tale Spin and Bucky O'Hare. I was in a TMNT phase, I guess. :)

I liked the Darkwing figures even though they weren't very articulated due to the action features. The cancelled second series looked promising enough, so I was bummed to hear that Playmates couldn't release them after the line had died at retail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:14 am 
serves the Otter

My most fervent wish is that the people who have the license to Kingdom Hearts make a Disney Afternoon line for Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck (NO Goof Troop, Bonkers, Aladdin or Quack Pack please) and one for Disney Comics characters from some of the masters like Carl Barks, Floyd Gottfredson, Don Rosa, William Van Horn and Romano Scarpa. I'd collect every figure they produced even if it made me broke.

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:33 am 
ABS

Though I never actually got any of these, I always wanted to.

At that point in my life girls and cd's were more important so I never actually got any of these, and it has always been a regret of mine.

I never missed an episode of either Ducktales, Darkwing Duck or Talespin. Luckily though, my girlfreind at the time's little brother collected them so I lived vicariously through him.

Now that you mention it, this would make a great set orf touys to try to collect nowadays. Kina like the one that got away type of thing.

I might look into this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:01 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Has anyone ever seen any prototypes of the Wildcat figure-from Tale Spin he was pictured as coming on the back of the card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:58 am 
serves the Otter

stewbacca wrote:
Has anyone ever seen any prototypes of the Wildcat figure-from Tale Spin he was pictured as coming on the back of the card.
I would love to see the prototypes for the TaleSpin figures too. The Darkwing ones look so cool and I always wanted to see what they would have done with Shere Khan.

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

Post subject: Ducktales figures
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:53 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Just noticed this discussion, which is the reason for signing up!

Don't know whether folks know, but a german toy company called Simba released a collection of flocked Disney/Ducktales figures in the 90's.

I have all of the Ducktales figures MIB which included: Scrooge (with cane), Launchpad (with removable scarf), Gyro, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Webby, Big Time Beagle and Baggy Beagle.

They are really cool as they are all posable.

I'll post some pics up if folks are interested!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:58 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Blackie, I never heard about those. They sound very cool so I would love to see some pics. :D

Welcome aboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Lt. Clutch wrote:
Blackie, I never heard about those. They sound very cool so I would love to see some pics. :D

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome!

Here are the links to the pics.....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/ ... igures.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/ ... s_mib1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/ ... s_mib2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/ ... s_mib3.jpg

All their clothes are removable. It's a shame Launchpad didn't come with removable helmet and Scrooge removable top hat.

I got Scrooge from a friend who found him in a discount store. Then all the rest came from sellers on Ebay.de

They seem to be quite rare (especially the two Beagles who were the hardest to find!)

I think they are really cool and wish they had made Bouncer and Burger Beagle, Flintheart Glomgold and Magica De Spell. I would have been major happy with those!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:01 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Fully flocked action figures with removable clothing?!?!?

Those are by far some of the coolest Disney figures I have ever seen.

Why oh why we can't get something like that now I have no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:22 am 
Ferret Farmer

:shock: Those look awesome.

Can you take a pic of the back of the packaging?

Thanks for posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Thanks so much for posting these! What a great set of figures, right down to the packaging. :D

It's a shame that they never made it to our side of the pond. That Uncle Scrooge looks sweet, and there are never enough figures of him over here. Congrats on your finds! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:21 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I was into the DW Duck 'toon big time, but I never really wanted the toys. I do have the cereal bubble gun and magnifying glass, as well as the little cycle flashlight. Plus, I have all of the Disney Afternoon cereal PVCs.

Say, I'm surprised that nobody posted a pic of the one Darkwing Duck I always wanted, but never bought: The ten-inch Darkwing Duck toy?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:39 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I have that -- along with the 12" vinyl Baloo..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next