Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Minimates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:20 pm 
5" Scale

I got ThunderCats Series 3 in the mail today. Boy these have the smallest accessories I have ever seen. If I wasn't so meticulous with storing my toys due to my OCD (I put all my toys in baggies) I'm sure I would lose some of them.

Last edited by Fone Bone on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 am 
ABS

My local TRU had The new Battle Beast Minimates. One store had a ton of them. They are pretty cool, but Im only interested in the snake one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:38 pm 
Cold-cast

I just picked up the Alpha Flight minimates from my LCS.
Awesomes sets! All the figures look great.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:52 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Fone Bone wrote:
I got ThunderCats Series 3 in the mail today. Boy these have the smallest accessories I have ever seen. If I wasn't so meticulous with storing my toys due to my OCD (I put all my toys in baggies) I'm sure I would lose some of them.

I'm really liking the ThunderCats set. I wanted the Lair also... Saw it priced at $99 for Lair + series 3. Is that a good price?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:25 am 
5" Scale

kingdom2000toys wrote:
Fone Bone wrote:

I'm really liking the ThunderCats set. I wanted the Lair also... Saw it priced at $99 for Lair + series 3. Is that a good price?

Is the Lair Minimates? That price sounds a little high to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I believe it is made by Minimates. That's what it says on Amazon. They have the tank also. And the figures are scaled to it very nicely.

I've seen the lair on Amazon for $99, now they have it discount to $72.
I love the minimates, but displaying them with the tank or the lair looks cool. $100 for all maybe worth it. Haven't decided yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 am 
Daniel Pickett

They just announced a new Thundercats minimates boxed set today - http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... ho-box-set

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 am 
Bob Vila

I still have to order set # 3 too. I'm super excited for set # 5 with Ratar-O and Lynx-O, Pumyra and Lynx-O. I'm surprised that set didn't include Snarfer instead of the Robear not complaining just surprised.

the Lair is a statue like their Thundertank. I think it's in scale with the mates but its'a statue which is why it's pricey.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:13 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

kingdom2000toys wrote:
I believe it is made by Minimates. That's what it says on Amazon. They have the tank also. And the figures are scaled to it very nicely.

I've seen the lair on Amazon for $99, now they have it discount to $72.
I love the minimates, but displaying them with the tank or the lair looks cool. $100 for all maybe worth it. Haven't decided yet.

The Lair isnt minimates its actually produced by ICON HEROES -- I believe they made a Castle Grayskull as well.

EDIT:

I just looked at their site-- it looks like they are also actually the one producing the Thundercats Minimates-not Diamond- so Im not sure -- does Minimates license out their products/molds-- kind of like Hasbro and the Joe/TF Fan Club--

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:13 am 
5" Scale

The ThunderCats Minimates are co-produced by Diamond and Icon Heroes. But it seems pretty clear to me the Tank and the Lair aren't a part of the Minimates line. If they are statues you can't really play with them. If and when Minimates makes toys of these (or other playsets and vehicles) I'll buy them but for now they don't "count" for the completist in me.

Besides, I never buy statues because you can't play with them and they are hugely expensive. Plastic is usually much cheaper.

Looking forward to Series 4. Can we expect some Bersekers or Lunatacs in upcoming sets? I'd also really like to see Mumm-Ra The Everliving, Hachiman, Snowman, Snowmeow, Termagar, Tuska Warrior, Grune the Destroyer, Snarfer, Captain Shiner, Captain Cracker, Mongor, Ro-Bear Belle, Mandora, Willa, Nayda, and Driller. That's my wish list.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 pm 
Bob Vila

Fone Bone wrote:
Looking forward to Series 4. Can we expect some Bersekers or Lunatacs in upcoming sets? I'd also really like to see Mumm-Ra The Everliving, Hachiman, Snowman, Snowmeow, Termagar, Tuska Warrior, Grune the Destroyer, Snarfer, Captain Shiner, Captain Cracker, Mongor, Ro-Bear Belle, Mandora, Willa, Nayda, and Driller. That's my wish list.

Fone, I'll have to link for the link but at the Thundercats.ws website they showed a picture of another T-Cats set that has Mumm-Ra the Everliving with Mumutt, Grune the Destroyer, a regular Jaga and a young Lion-O.

I think a Lunataks set would be a good one for a 6th set. Then one with some of the supporting characters like Hachiman, Willa, Snow Man, Tomagar the Walrus Man. They can throw Snarfer in that set or another Berbil

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:59 am 
5" Scale

Nitewing73 wrote:
Fone Bone wrote:

Fone, I'll have to link for the link but at the Thundercats.ws website they showed a picture of another T-Cats set that has Mumm-Ra the Everliving with Mumutt, Grune the Destroyer, a regular Jaga and a young Lion-O.

I think a Lunataks set would be a good one for a 6th set. Then one with some of the supporting characters like Hachiman, Willa, Snow Man, Tomagar the Walrus Man. They can throw Snarfer in that set or another Berbil

I wonder how they'd do Luna and Amok. Would Luna be the small extra figure? How big do you think Amok should be? Should the Lunatacs actually be a deluxe set because of the sizes and the fact that there are six of them? Maybe they could do a deluxe Spidera or Snowmeow at some point too. Or, gulp, an Astral Moat Monster! ;)

You're idea for a seventh set is a good one Eighth should be more supporting villains (Cracker, Shiner, Mongor, Driller) and ninth could be the Berserkers. Tenth could be a set for Nayda, Safari Joe, Mandora, and anyone else they missed. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Fone Bone wrote:
The ThunderCats Minimates are co-produced by Diamond and Icon Heroes. But it seems pretty clear to me the Tank and the Lair aren't a part of the Minimates line. If they are statues you can't really play with them. If and when Minimates makes toys of these (or other playsets and vehicles) I'll buy them but for now they don't "count" for the completist in me.

AFX is running a BOGO free on the Lair so you guys in Cali- may want to band together and pick it up (AFX shipping is not cost effective for anywhere else in the country.)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 am 
Bob Vila

Fone Bone - you've got some great ideas. I never completed the LJN Thundercats toys and considering the Bandai ones didn't last that long I wasn't able to get a pretty good lineup of Classic T-Cats, so these Icon Heroes minimates are hopefully our way of getting a modern line of T-Cats toys.

In regards to the Lunataks I think your idea is a good one where Luna would be the bonus figure. I'm sure people will have a problem considering she'd be non-poseable but she was always smaller than the others so it would work scale wise. For AMOK they could do how the did with Lockjaw.

I like your ideas for the all villain set.
I can't believe I forgot about the Beserkers. Good one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:27 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Finally found the IM3 Minimates. My FLCS stopped ordering MM's so I had to wait for TRU to get them in. I picked up all but the Iron Patriot pair.
Specialty Armors suck me in every frickin' time! :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next