Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Muppets Action Figures
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:37 am 
Excelsior!

Picked up all three wave one figures: Kermit, Robin, and Bean, Gonzo and Camilla, and Fozzie and Scooter. Very nice price. If all of the figures come out like this I'll be able to afford them.

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 pm 
An Insider

Wave 2 is on Diamond's list for next week's deliveries to comic shops (8/10/16). YMMV.

C.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:07 am 
Mint on Card

Thanks for the info on that, man. I'll need to be sure to have enough money in that acct for my preorder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:55 am 
Excelsior!

So wave two is out at Toys R Us. And Animal comes with his drumset. But no Rowlf. Are they kidding me?!

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:31 pm 
An Insider

Rowlf has not been released yet.

C.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:00 am 
Excelsior!

Hey! You're right! I guess I can pick these up after all!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am 
Excelsior!

Got the cheapie Animal and drum set from Toys R Us. Still looking for Statler and Waldorf and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:33 pm 
Variant Head

Really hoping another wave will be shown at Toy Fair this month. I was disappointed that nothing new was revealed at SDCC last summer. We need at least a couple more waves to finish the core cast of characters (including the rest of the band)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 am 
Excelsior!

Picked up Budget Bunsen and Beaker at Toys R Us. Still looking for Statler and Waldorf.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:45 am 
Variant Head

Wave 4 revealed and up for preorder at BBTS!

Dr. Teeth & Zoot
Sam the Eagle & Rizzo
The Swedish Chef

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

I love that the Swedish Chef comes with a full kitchen table with cookwear.

So with Wave 4 revealed, who are the primary or secondary classic characters left for them to do if there's anymore waves after this? Seems like they could potentially finish the rest of the original line up with just one or two more waves plus a deluxe sized Sweetums figure. I'd like to see a Pigs in Space set too, as well as some of Kermit's prominent costume variations.

I'm not so interested in the newer characters introduced in Muppets Tonight or the recent films, and so far it seems like DST is primarily focusing on the original characters from the classic show and 1980s movies.

Per my comments from last July on page 4:

Quote:
DST does a Muppets Minimates line too, so perhaps some of the character selection in it indicates potential characters in their next Muppets Select lines too. They've already done the more obscure Mahna-Mahna in their minimates line too, so that's indicative of similar character selection choices for both lines. Here's minimates they've done so far that aren't in the first 3 Select waves: Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Lips, News Reporter Kermit variant, Swedish Chef (plus battered variant), Stunt Show Gonzo variant, Constantine, Patrol Cop Fozzie variant, Muppet Newsman, and Pepe. I bet several of those end up in waves 4 and 5 for the Select line too.

Crossing off Dr. Teeth, Zoot, and the Swedish Chef from that list above... the remaining Minimates characters that could also end up being in the next Muppets Select waves could be: Lips, News Reporter Kermit variant, Stunt Show Gonzo variant, Constantine, Patrol Cop Fozzie variant, Muppet Newsman, and Pepe. We're still missing Lew Zealand too as I recall. Is there any other prominent characters left to do?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:42 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Beauregard, Uncle Deadly, Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphones, Clifford, Bobo, Veterinarians' Hospital... have they done any of the chickens?...

I haven't been buying the line (but I'm thinking maybe I should...) but I know I'd grab a set of these if they made them, though I imagine the extra licensing would count them out... The band that was made up of Muppets that looked like the Muppeteers. I missed getting the Henson that Palisades put out but it was sad that they didn't follow up with the rest of them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:03 pm 
Excelsior!

Camilla came with Gonzo. Other Muppets I'd like to see are Pops, Yolanda, Johnny Fiama And Sal, Andy and Randy Pig, and for the meganerds, Wayne and Wanda. I think we deserve a Walter, 80's Robot, and Chip the IT Guy too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm 
Variant Head

A small chicken appears to come with the Swedish Chef set even though it's not specifically mentioned in the preorder page.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:40 am 
Excelsior!

Okay, so I just opened Animal and Bunsen and Beaker. It took me an hour and a half. Is there a specific reason Diamond not only puts so many twist ties ever every figure and accessory, but twists them so tightly and over and over again that they are nearly impossible to untwist? If it's to keep the toys from breaking, that's a fail, because they are much more likely to snap trying to get them out of those things.

And this is the cheapo Toys R Us packaging. I cannot imagine how bad the deluxe versions must be.

How elaborate does the packaging need to be? They're freaking Muppets. McDonald's offered the Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock in plastic wrappers in the 1980's and I didn't complain. Who or what are they trying to protect here?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I just want a Stu frogketeer, from the cindy crawford muppets tonight episode. I have always wanted and action figure of me and a muppet version, so two birds with one stone....

Odds of that, the same as me and toy guru getting along.