Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Then Invaders! SDCC Exclusive...
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:01 pm 
We're going streaking!

Okay, Marvel Minimates is finally kicking some serious booty, even with the repeat characters that they are known for doing.

DST has announced a SDCC Exclusive of The Invaders! 1st App Captain America, Bucky, Speedos Namor, Original Human Torch! 8) . Cap comes with different accessories for different looks. And it looks like they took a page from DC Minimates by using a one piece cowl & face combo, instead of just a removable mask. I love the removable cowls, but I have to say that these are the superior combination.

Lots of Marvel Minimates love this year, especially this summer. Now, DC Direct, please reconsider canceling DC Minimates!!!

Also, they finally are showing the Hulk Movie Minimates as well. Ugh. I think the only Marvel movie minimates I like are the upcoming Iron Man ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:14 am 
Bob Vila

This set looks great, but I wish they would have included Union Jack or Spitfire, or made the Torch in his non-flaming look, so as to differentiate him from Johnny Storm more.

I'm kinda disappointed with the Iron Man set, though. Not because of the figures, but because we've gotten so many Iron Men already. By my count we're looking at 13 IM characters released this year alone: 4 in the box set, seven in the movie line, and one each in the Civil War, FA Avengers, and Wave 23. That's Iron Man overkill!