Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, when are new BSG figs coming out?!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:53 pm 
active in the community

Diamond Select is kinda driving me insane...what is the deal? And when the hell does the 'second quarter' end?

And yes I also posted about this on thefwoosh...I want answers!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:09 pm 
active in the community

I think its's still going to be a while before we see BSG series 2.

The various two packs (Apollo and Dee/Eight and Three) are not due out until September/October and I would expect the "main" series 2 (Starbuck, Helo and Cylon) to be released at about the same time.

DST have been pretty slack when it comes to updates on BSG (and SG/SGA) lately. I realise they ran into a fair bit of trouble trying to find sponsors for the various "exclusives" for series 2 (hence the multiple two-packs), but I don't see why that should have necessarily delayed the "main" series 2 which was originally set for release in February 2008.

And absolutely no idea about series 3, although to be honest it doesn't interest me in the slightest and I still cannot fathom how DST can be releasing a young Adama Snr figure (Husker) before we get a "true" Admiral Adama figure. Not to mention the fact they're also releasing a figure of Kendra Shaw who was enjoyable enough, but only appeared in Razor and hasn't been seen or mentioned since.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 pm 
active in the community

Xenaphobia wrote:
I think its's still going to be a while before we see BSG series 2.

The various two packs (Apollo and Dee/Eight and Three) are not due out until September/October and I would expect the "main" series 2 (Starbuck, Helo and Cylon) to be released at about the same time.

DST have been pretty slack when it comes to updates on BSG (and SG/SGA) lately. I realise they ran into a fair bit of trouble trying to find sponsors for the various "exclusives" for series 2 (hence the multiple two-packs), but I don't see why that should have necessarily delayed the "main" series 2 which was originally set for release in February 2008.

And absolutely no idea about series 3, although to be honest it doesn't interest me in the slightest and I still cannot fathom how DST can be releasing a young Adama Snr figure (Husker) before we get a "true" Admiral Adama figure. Not to mention the fact they're also releasing a figure of Kendra Shaw who was enjoyable enough, but only appeared in Razor and hasn't been seen or mentioned since.

Cheers.

God. That's all very depressing and probably spot on.

I'll be getting the Kendra figure but yeah, that's it for me from series 3.

And I don't get mad about stuff having to do with toys very often (disappointed or bummed out, sure) but I am actually mad about them releasing young Adama first...that really just blows my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:53 am 
Bob Vila

They seem to be more interesting in reusing the same generic flightsuit body then in making the important characters on the show. I mean, how do you even contemplate making a Hot Dog figure before Adama, Tigh, and Gaius Frakkin' Baltar? It's insane.

The Minimates are awesome, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:07 pm 
MINT!

I am really looking forward to S2 and agree it should be out by now! I also agree that getting Husker Adama before the Commander is ridiculous.

I took the inclusion of Hotdog and Sam Anders in S1 to be a sign of commitment to a long life for the line, likewise Kat in S2. The inclusion of Razor characters before Adama, Roslin, Tigh or Baltar is pretty irritating tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 am 
Daniel Pickett

Wave II is out now. I saw them yesterday.