Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:29 pm 
5" Scale

Is it the Champions set Hellpop? AFX is apparently doing a Champion set with Black Widow, Hercules and I forget who else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:02 pm 
Bob Vila

Angel and Ghost Rider. No, that's a different AFX exclusive, presumably for the fall and not available at SDCC. They made it pretty clear on their blog that they have another announcement to come. Should have linked to this earlier:

http://afxblog.com/

It also looks like DST will have a Ghostbusters 2-pack, featuring Peter Venkman in his GB2 togs (I have to admit I have no idea what the difference is) and the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man with a new head and who glows in the dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:08 pm 
We're going streaking!

hellpop wrote:
Anyway, my Top Ten, in no real order:

1. Black Knight
2. Black Panther
3. Captain Marvel
4. Captain Britain
5. Quasar
6. Adam Warlock
7. Kang
8. Yellowjacket
9. Guardian
10. Moon Knight

I'd take any an all from this list. And yet another area DC was beating Marvel in -- variety. Thanks to DC Minimates, as I truly believe that is why we finally got some of the Marvel 'Mates that were long missing from the line-up.

I am underwhelmed by a Dark Avengers box set too, but I am sure it will sell and I am sure I will pick one up! :) I wonder what AFX will announce.

And a part of my minimates display will consist of a couple nice shadowboxes I picked up from Target at 50% off (I wish I grabbed the third now, as they are long gone). I was thinking of using them with either JLU or DCIH, but they were too tall without wasting space, but minimates should fit in the spots perfectly without and readjustments!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:45 am 
Bob Vila

TRDouble wrote:
And yet another area DC was beating Marvel in -- variety. Thanks to DC Minimates, as I truly believe that is why we finally got some of the Marvel 'Mates that were long missing from the line-up.

I hadn't thought about it in quite that way, but I think you're right. DC 'mates had just the right balance of big guns and obscure-os. Of corse, when the swinef***ers at DC Direct pulled the rug out from under us, we all wished we had just a few more big guns (oh Two-Face, where for art thou?). AA and DST certainly learned some good lessons from the DC 'mates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:29 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You already got a Two-face!

The Peter Parker/Spider-man fig! :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:29 am 
Bob Vila

Shellhead wrote:
You already got a Two-face!

The Peter Parker/Spider-man fig! :wink:

Hardy-har-har. :D

That's actually one of the 'mates I don't have. I've avoided most of the unnecessary Spideys over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:14 pm 
Mint on Card

hellpop wrote:
TRDouble wrote:
And yet another area DC was beating Marvel in -- variety. Thanks to DC Minimates, as I truly believe that is why we finally got some of the Marvel 'Mates that were long missing from the line-up.

I hadn't thought about it in quite that way, but I think you're right. DC 'mates had just the right balance of big guns and obscure-os. Of corse, when the swinef***ers at DC Direct pulled the rug out from under us, we all wished we had just a few more big guns (oh Two-Face, where for art thou?). AA and DST certainly learned some good lessons from the DC 'mates.

I agree buddy. I'm still holding out hope they do some DC minimates with Diamond. I will never say never in that anything is possible. I mean come on they are doing DC Classics Wonder Twins and Apache Chief, Samurai and Black Vulcan will make the cut in the JLU line.

For Marvel Mates Id love for them to make.

1.Speedball
2.Justice
3.Namorita
4. Night Thrasher

This would finish off the original New Warriors to go along with Nova and Starfire (Hellpop i know he's not the original Nova suit but beggers can't be choosers)

And my remaining top 10
5. Black Knight
6. A new Nightcrawler (since he's so hard to find on Ebay..i came on the minimates bandwagon late)
7. Banshee
8. Madrox
9. Ronan the Accuser
10. Quasar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:14 pm 
Bob Vila

New Warriors would make for a pretty cool box set. Two of my biggest gripes with DST is that they didn't put Speedball in the Civil War box set (I mean, he essentially CAUSED THE ENTIRE CIVIL WAR) and that Nova is in his modern look. But you're right, beggars can't be choosers. Especially when it's been so !@#$ difficult to get Nova into any other toy line.

I've got some extra Sub- Mariner parts around; I should try to make Namorita....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:08 pm 
Bob Vila

Anyone see the heroes and villains box sets at their LCBS this week? They still have a ship date of 4/8 at the DST web site, but they weren't on the new releases list Diamond posts each Monday, and they weren't in my store. Is it too much to expect that the toy company OWNED BY THE DISTRIBUTOR would get its' ship dates right? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:13 pm 
Bob Vila

Dammit, every time I post something here it seems like there's something new to post that I missed! Anyway....

AFX has revealed the Champions box set. Bask in the glory:

http://shopafx.typepad.com/my_weblog/20 ... pions.html

Wow, is that a nice set. Going to be a SDCC exclusive, with two more AFX exclusive box sets as well. That's a lot of Minimates at one show! No word on if Gleek will be available after the con....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:46 pm 
We're going streaking!

Oooooo! That Champions box set is definitely nice! I can't wait to see the other two box sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:03 pm 
Bob Vila

Next AFX exclusive announced: Terminator box set:

http://shopafx.typepad.com/my_weblog/20 ... rdyne.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:27 pm 
We're going streaking!

Good, because I can skip that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 am 
Bob Vila

Yeah, me too. Terminator 'mates are cool and all, and I think it's a great license for them to have, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for these. If I have any money left over from Marvel, Ghostbusters, and the Spirit, then I may pick some up. Be nice to have a Joe Morton Minimate, though....

BTW, DST finally updated the shipping dates for the heroes and villains box sets; they should be hitting stores 4/22. Just a reminder, the box sets will be only in specialty shops, while most of the figures (except for Cap & the Red Skull) are in TRU right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 am 
We're going streaking!

Yeah, between Marvel and Ghostbusters -- and every other thing I collect -- that's more than enough for me!

Thanks for the update! Now I know I can wait before shipping my BBTS Pile of Loot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next