Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Minimates Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:28 pm 
PVC

I picked up a few of the Thor moviemates but did not get the hammer in the rock piece.. can someone tell me what set that comes with?

Holocaust is technically still 2" but they have been getting more creative with the sculpted pieces making some Marvel minimates much bigger. Holocaust, Nimrod, HB-Iron Man, Big Juggernaut, jumbo Thing and the upcoming Mega-Rage Hulk are all great examples of sculpted pieces on the 2" frame. I can't wait for the new Hulk.. so much better than the "duck feet" version they did to try and make him taller.

Glad to see minimate fans on here.. I usually just hang out in the DC Imaginext thread.. I'll have to stop by more often.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:57 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Bat Lantern wrote:
I picked up a few of the Thor moviemates but did not get the hammer in the rock piece.. can someone tell me what set that comes with?

TRU exclusive Civilian Thor/Asgardian Guard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:06 pm 
PVC

Thanks! Now to hit up all the local TRU's to see if I am too late to the party. Looks like they still may be available online.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:10 pm 
Excelsior!

Bat Lantern wrote:
Thanks! Now to hit up all the local TRU's to see if I am too late to the party. Looks like they still may be available online.

Thor minimates, even the TRU exclusives, have been relatively easy to find. So have Cap for that matter, maybe minus the Dum Dum set.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 pm 
PVC

Looks like I was too late to the party around these parts.. I hit up 3 TRU's and the only Thor movie-mates left were the Odin pack. The X-Men movie-mates were in plentiful supply.

Looks like online will be my only recourse.

Also, anyone here excited about the new version of the Minimate Back to the Future car? Fold down wheels for hover mode, based on BTTF 2. I know not everyone likes the mini vehicles, but I love that stuff. I hope KITT from Knight Rider comes through.. and I'll still hold out hope for a Ghostbusters car.. but I know that probably will not happen. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

As Ive mentioned before, I don't collect alot of minimates, I have the Terminator 2 Hunter killer tank w/ the endo skeleton which I think is friggin awesome. But when I saw a few posts about Holocaust, I had to see it for myself.. I loved the AOA story line so today I went a local TRU and found a TRU exclusive Age Of Apocalypse Nemesis(Holocaust)/Morph 2 pack. I collect mostly 3.75 figs but I think these 2'' figures are awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defzombie/5976022032/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:10 am 
PVC

defzombie wrote:
As Ive mentioned before, I don't collect alot of minimates, I have the Terminator 2 Hunter killer tank w/ the endo skeleton which I think is friggin awesome. But when I saw a few posts about Holocaust, I had to see it for myself.. I loved the AOA story line so today I went a local TRU and found a TRU exclusive Age Of Apocalypse Nemesis(Holocaust)/Morph 2 pack. I collect mostly 3.75 figs but I think these 2'' figures are awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defzombie/5976022032/

Welcome to the wonderful world of minimates. They are pretty addictive and take up much less space than larger figures. Marvel has done over 40 waves so all major characters have been done and a lot of lesser known villians.
I just saw a picture from SDCC of MvC3 Iron Man holding his Proton Canon from the game!! Now these are must buy this fall. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I went to a TRU that is moving on Friday and bought a Minimates Halo Warthog vehicle for 6.99. It comes with a Spartan VI. Its pretty awesome, Im gonna go back today to get another Spartan to man the gun on the back!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 am 
Excelsior!

TRU Marvel Wave 11 Minimates are In-Stock at their website. I usually buy them locally, but they were shockingly all available at the same time, so I decided to save some gas and spend an extra $5 and change to get them out of the way now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:12 pm 
Excelsior!

My minimates arrived from TRU today. Looks good! I love the new, beefed up Hulk. I admit that this and Wave 41 wasn't the most exciting of waves -- a lot of redundancy here -- but I could always use updates on characters.

I just need to see if I can score a regular Mr. Sinister set.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:59 pm 
Excelsior!

Tonight at TRU, I saw the wave 2 of Minimates MAX Vehicles. Well, I saw the Time Machine with Doc Brown and a new? MAX Stealth Jet? Both looked nice, but I have no space for them, so I left them.

I sure wish we could get a Ecto-1 for our Ghostbuster minimates...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 pm 
Excelsior!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

Anyone seeing the Disney Store exclusive FF set? I am still waiting for them to show up on The Disney Store website, but so far, nada.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:01 pm 
MINT!

Saw one lone M.A.X. Elite Heroes Series 2 Law Enforcement set tonight, which is one I missed from Series 1. Best part is, they rang up at $4.98! Here's hoping they get more in soon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Got the MAX SCUBA divers set.

Ocean Master needs some minions to beat up on Aquaman! :twisted:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:37 pm 
Excelsior!

I saw the latest Universal Monsters 2-packs at TRU today. The latest Marvel wave has hit stores too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next