Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Minimates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:18 pm 
We're going streaking!

Shellhead wrote:
For example, in the new "Classics" set, that's an Iron Man suit that's never been done before...

Hasn't that armor been done a few times? Way back in the closed-view box days, again with a A.I.M Soldier and in the Disney Store-exclusive Heroic Age Classics Box Set? That one is just like this new Classics Box Set, except the armor is Gold & Red instead of Yellow & Red.

I guess that could be what makes this one as, "...never been done before...?" And I can see that being enough of a difference to want the box set one too, but I have enough versions of this armor in yellow that I can live without it, if that is indeed 'it.'

Of course, my name is not "Shellhead" though :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:40 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Granted, I've never seen that particular Disney Store box set, so you may be right about that.

But beyond that, I'm about 95% certain it hasn't been done, or at least that chest piece hasn't been done.

That armor is based on the Heroes Reborn model designed by George Perez. It was used both during his awesome run on the relaunched Avengers form the 90's and the not so great Sean Chen run on Iron Man at the same time.

UPDATE: We're both right. I should have said Wave 44 instead of the "Classics" boxset. The boxset armor has been done a lot. The Wave 44 armor is brand new.

My prior rant was about Wave 44, not the "Classics" wave.

I stumbled across a cool website called the Mini-mate database BTW. It seemed pretty exhaustive.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:24 pm 
We're going streaking!

Ah! Okay, got it. I am actually looking forward to series 44!

At least you can get it with just a set and not a big box set.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 pm 
Mint on Card

U guys see KITT yet in stores.? Or the Galactus Heralds set never saw that one at TRU?

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:53 pm 
We're going streaking!

I haven't seen KITT and the Galactus Heralds Set was briefly on the pegs around me and then gone, never to return, which surprised me. I thought it would have shown up again by now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:21 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Wow. Here in Los Angeles the Heralds boxed set are EVERYWHERE. They are piled up around here.

However... now that Toys R Us have done their reset there's nowhere for the regular 2 packs. Some stores have them on endcaps. Some have them in the clearance section... but NONE of the new Marvel 2-packs (wave 42) are anywhere to be found.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 am 
Mint on Card

Thanks TR and Julius. I just checked the TRU website and I believe they have the Galactus Heralds set for sale online. I never saw it locally.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:29 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

JuliusMarx wrote:
Wow. Here in Los Angeles the Heralds boxed set are EVERYWHERE. They are piled up around here.

Same here. Plenty of 'em.

My mini-mate days are just about over. Too many rehashes now.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:26 am 
We're going streaking!

Wow. When I was trying to use my after Christmas TRU Rewards certificates, I was hoping to find the Heralds Box Set so I could get it basically for free and return one on my receipt. No luck, so I bought a Beckett Hockey Guide, some comics I missed at my LCS, an outfit for one of my daughter's Monster High dolls and some candy!

There are plenty of other minimates in the aisle right now, from all the lines. Too many, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 am 
active in the community

i don't know that i'm done with minimates but they have definitely fallen out of favor with me. the shoddy work on the age of apocalypse and new mutants sets were the biggest blow. the exclusivity of the tru sets didn't help either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:46 am 
Mint on Card

I haven't picked up a minimate set since the Blink/Sabretooth, Morph/Nemesis and Fantomex/Negative Man (can't remember his name) set.

The last two days I picked up that Iron Man/Hulk set from TRU and Aunt May/Shield Agent, JJ Jameson/Shield Agent and Sineater/DD set.

After seeing the Shield Agent, made me wish I bought a couple of more and bought that Dum Dum Dugan TRU exclusive from the Cap movie line so I could do a head swap. Now they need to release an updated Nick Fury.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:22 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Got the Marvel VS Capcom 3 Spiderman and Chris Redfield. Super happy I found them at TRU!!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 pm 
We're going streaking!

The two Disney Exclusive Avengers (comic) 4 packs with Kang and The Grim Reaper are now available online at the Disney Store and at the Marvel Store. If you order at the Marvel Store, there is a free shipping coupon for orders over $50 (it's $75 at the Disney Store). If you order at the Disney Store, use coupon L211101E6MKZH05 for 20% Off your order.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 pm 
5" Scale

And if you don't have one near your or the website sells out Luke's Toystore is also selling them. While you are there check out the cool diorama's and custom stuff he has up for sell.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Bought the Iron Man Arthur marvel vs capcom set, its amazing. Thats 3 Marvel vs. capcom sets I have!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next