Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 am 
Bob Vila

AA posted pics of wave 25 in packages:
http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/p ... ou-got-it/

If you look closely at the Iron Man variant, you'll see that he has a nose!
It's comics accurate, actually. Iron Man was drawn with a nose for a time in the '70s. The story as I heard it was that there was a screwup in the mold for a toy at the time (Megos, maybe?) and the Iron Man mold was made with a nose. Rather then scrapping the expensive mold, they just started drawing a nose on him in the comics. Once that toy line ended, they dropped the nose. It's actually pretty cool to see AA add that!

Also, DST updated their shipping dates. In addition to the new date for the heroes and villains boxes, Marvel Minimates Waves 27&28 now have a date of 7/22/09. Everything else looks to be the same... for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:15 am 
Bob Vila

Wow, lots of stuff to report....

1. Amazon.com has an exclusive on the upcoming Ghostbusters video game that includes,among other bonuses, a set of four Minimates based on (presumably) ghosts from the game. Sure, that's cool and all, but is it worth $130? You decide:
http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Amaz ... 53&sr=8-11

2. AFX has a teaser up for their final SDCC box set, the claimed "compliment to the Dark Avengers". Most speculation has settled on the Thunderbolts, with Penance, Radioactive Man, and the Swordsman being logical choices. Me, I hate the character of Penance, and will be sorely disappointed to get him before a Speedball Minimate. Check out the image here:
http://www.afxblog.com/

3. TRU.com has some of the Wolverine movie minimates on sale now, and also has preorders for the Terminator 'mates. If you can't figure out how to get to TRU.com and search for minimates yourselves, well, I can't help you.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:08 am 
Bob Vila

Jeez, it just doesn't stop today! If you're the type that skips the front page, check this out:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3061

While I think this is a GREAT idea, I'm not thrilled with the choices. Ben Grimm? The Beyonder? Another !@# Spider-Man (albeit a cool one)? WHERE THE !@# IS KANG!?!?!?!

Sorry, that was a lot of fake cursing for one post....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 am 
Mint on Card

hellpop wrote:
Jeez, it just doesn't stop today! If you're the type that skips the front page, check this out:

While I think this is a GREAT idea, I'm not thrilled with the choices. Ben Grimm? The Beyonder? Another !@# Spider-Man (albeit a cool one)? WHERE THE !@# IS KANG!?!?!?!

Sorry, that was a lot of fake cursing for one post....

Its cool you can vote but none of those except Captail Marvel appeal to me. I would rather they redo Nightcrawler so I can finally get an affordable one to complete my X-men display.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 am 
Mint on Card

hellpop wrote:
AA posted pics of wave 25 in packages:
http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/p ... ou-got-it/

If you look closely at the Iron Man variant, you'll see that he has a nose!
It's comics accurate, actually. Iron Man was drawn with a nose for a time in the '70s. The story as I heard it was that there was a screwup in the mold for a toy at the time (Megos, maybe?) and the Iron Man mold was made with a nose. Rather then scrapping the expensive mold, they just started drawing a nose on him in the comics. Once that toy line ended, they dropped the nose. It's actually pretty cool to see AA add that!

Also, DST updated their shipping dates. In addition to the new date for the heroes and villains boxes, Marvel Minimates Waves 27&28 now have a date of 7/22/09. Everything else looks to be the same... for now.

I like that Cap figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I'm totally digging that Mohawk Storm. I really hope she makes the cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:28 pm 
We're going streaking!

Too much info to digest!

The Amazon.com Ghostbusters video game exclusive is cool -- and cheaper for the Wii than the PS3 -- but none of those ghosts really intrigue me, and at that price, you won't mke your money back by selling the game, like I did when I bought that Batman game to get the TNBA Batgirl. You do get a lot of stuff overall, though.

Series 25 is looking good! I am re-buying some Minimates (like the Heroes & Villains Sets), but the additional details added (again, thanks to DC Minimates) really improve the 'mates. My second Red Daredevil kills the first release version.

I voted for Spider-Woman. I always loved that costume, and much like Mockingbird, she got a raw deal in the comics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:52 am 
Damage Control

Is it wrong to not be excited at all about this set? I'm partially interested in Cap Marvel and Spider Woman but neither are "must haves" for me personally. I doubt I'll buy the set just to get one of them (maybe if they both make the cut, but I doubt they will). Meh.

I'll second the "where the hell is Kang" motion made my hellpop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:56 am 
Bob Vila

grouch wrote:
Is it wrong to not be excited at all about this set? I'm partially interested in Cap Marvel and Spider Woman but neither are "must haves" for me personally. I doubt I'll buy the set just to get one of them (maybe if they both make the cut, but I doubt they will). Meh.

I'll second the "where the hell is Kang" motion made my hellpop.

No, it's not wrong. There's only three I'm remotely interested in- Molecule Man, Storm, and Captain Marvel- and none of them are characters that are particularly high on my want list. Considering some of the characters that were in this series- Kang, the Wrecker, Klaw, the Lizard- it's a missed opportunity. Oh well, at least none of them are Jewel. :x

BTW, I like being your hellpop! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:57 am 
Bob Vila

Wolverine movie mates are now not only on the web but in stores. So yesterday I went to one of the two TRUs in short driving distance from me. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything, because the last time I went into this TRU they had two pegs full of the previous release. Which was great, but it was the second shipment that they got in, so I wasn't expecting them to have moved through enough to justify putting out more 'mates. Well, not only had they sold most of the sets that they had, but it looks like they had gotten the Wolvie 'mates in and almost completely blown through them! They only had two packs left, and only 4-6 of the Marvel wave. While I was disappointed, as I'm only really looking for the variant packs for a couple customs (Shang-Chi and Talia-- guess which is which!), I was glad to see that the Minimates are apparently selling as well as they are. Oh well. Tomorrow I'm off to the other store!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:36 pm 
Daniel Pickett

In case you guys to missed the news of the MiniMates Secret Wars poll here's the link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:31 am 
Bob Vila

AFX revealed there final exclusive, and if you had the Thunderbolts in your office pool, you're a winner:

http://shopafx.typepad.com/my_weblog/20 ... mates.html

For me, this is a big pass. If they'd included Swordsman, or Songbird, or a new Bullseye, or put Radioactive Man in his sarong, then maybe. But this group of characters interests me not at all.

So here are your 2009 SDCC Minimate exclusives:

-Champions (Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Angel, and Hercules);
-Dark Avengers (Iron Patriot, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain Marvel);
-Thunderbolts (Penance, Radioactive Man, Venom, and Norman Osborn);
-Terminator (Sarah Conner, Miles Dyson, Muscle Shirt Terminator, and BD Exoskeleton);
-and Ghostbusters (Slimed Venkmen and angry SPMM).

Personally, Champions are a yes, DA a maybe, Tbolts no, Terminator and Gbusters probably not. Kind of a bummer. But there are plenty of 'mates that I do want coming out this year, so it's nice to be able to pick and choose a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:05 pm 
active in the community

Huh. i know what I am getting while I am there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 am 
We're going streaking!

Nope, no Thunderbolts for me either. The Champions, Dark Avengers and maybe the Ghostbusters Set.

Also, I have my Marvel Heroes & Villains Sets in my BBTS Pile of Loot. hellpop, any idea when Marvel Minimates Wave 25 is due for release? BBTS says April, and if that is true, than I will hold off on sending my POL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:49 am 
MINT!

TRDouble wrote:
Nope, no Thunderbolts for me either. The Champions, Dark Avengers and maybe the Ghostbusters Set.

Also, I have my Marvel Heroes & Villains Sets in my BBTS Pile of Loot. hellpop, any idea when Marvel Minimates Wave 25 is due for release? BBTS says April, and if that is true, than I will hold off on sending my POL.

I'm obviously not hellpop, but Art Asylum has wave 25 & 26 listed to be released on 5/6. BBTS normally gets them in later in the week. I am waiting for them too, as well as T2, so I can get a Huge pile of loot shipped to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next