Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Questions about Star Trek TOS/TNG Diamond/Art Asylum Figures
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 am 
5th Horseman

I just bought my first two Next Gen figures from D/AA, and I LOVE them except...

Picard's alternate hands were NOT in the package!!! Mispack? WTH?! And as I was gently trying to loosen the joints on Worf, the peg on the left hand split in half. I had to drill out the excess plastic still in the hole to replace it with one of the alternate hands. Still doesn't fit quite right. Other than this I love these figures, but man... My first two figures and two strikes right off the bat???

What is the overall quality of these figures? Have I just been unlucky, or is there a rash of QC with these figures?

Also wondering what the deal is with the varying scales of the figures? I was surprised to find out how big the TNG figures were compared to the first AA TOS figures I have. I've noticed the TWOK figures are closer in scale to the TOS figures. Can anybody tell me the different scales of each line?

I do really like the figures. The accessories and details are great. I especially love my TWOK Sulu and Chekov. Great accessories and I'm glad they didn't cheat on the jacket bottom. The rubber is a nice touch that enables the figures to sit properly. Although I will probably never display them that way unless somebody makes a bridge playset/diorama of the refit Enterprise.

If anybody could answer my questions that would be awesome. I really love them, but if I'm just going to find problem after problem I may think twice.

-John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:56 am 
5" Scale

I can try HJ. First off, not sure where you got the impression that there was an alternate head on your DST TNG Picard. I am assuming we're talking about that one, since that's the one you have in your pic. It would seem that TOS/TWOK are compatible to display with each other, but the others are not.

Scale has been an ongoing issue with the line, same with some Q/C. It was mainly in the Data/Geordi wave though, Series 3 I think? I'm a little behind on my waves and only have some heres and theres since the Picard/Troi wave. Anyway, I'll pm you a Trek forum where you might be able to get better answers to your questions and even some assistance from the customisers there. I do love the line though and hope to play catch up once my son is born.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 pm 
5th Horseman

Where in the hell are TWOK McCoy and Scotty? I'd seen them here and there and now there are to be found absolutely nowhere!!

They seem to have fallen into the depths and could re-emerge only few and far between. I've got to have them. Damn it, Jim! I've got to have them!

-John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:11 am 
5" Scale

Well DST seems to be having some moderate success at TRU. So you might get lucky and find them there. If you want, I can see if my local comic shops still have them and let you know. Just pm me and I'll check next time I go :wink: