Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wizard World Philly DST notes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:33 am 
active in the community

Please excuse me as I am armed with just an iPhone and good intentions. These are cliff notes from the DST panel. I will post clearer meanings later on on the weekend.

Also I'd like to thank god for the cut & paste the iPhone 3.0 OS now has.

Dst q&a

Godfather minimates sales have been moderate but if it does better there wmight be a Godfather 2 set or a mix and match two pack with characters from both flicks. No Godfather 3 characters though.

There are no plans for the Ghost rider minimates and DST does not have the right to them.

Tru will not get every Minimate that comic shops do. Comic shops are the main focus of this line.

Minimates having fingers is a trend that will not continue.

Star wars banks - Yoda end of July and Darth Maul will be later on. Han Solo in august previews and Storm Trooper banks might be coming but Lucas wants them animated style & DST does not have the rights to the animated stuff. Also the Darth Vader banks have sold out.

Marvel Select figures - Upcoming will be Spider-Man, The Abomination, then The Thing. Next in the line will be an editorial driven figure TBA (something spider-man hinted because of comic news debuting tomorrow)

Runaways is hit and miss. Possible minimates line was considered when Whedon was annouced as the writer, but it is still a possibility

A lot of retail comic shop requests for Marvel Select exclusives since the marvel legends line is dying. No plans for any large chains to carry the figures as, again, comic shops are the focus of this company.

Matt works for DTS and looks online for fan feedback. Hi Matt!

DST has had the Buffy license for five years. ALL of them from figures to statues and back. It just doesn't sell that well for production of new items. Lots have been canceled because of the lack of order like Firefly items. Angel and Buffy minimates box sets are designed but they don't know if it would sell well so they are holding back on production.

Dr Horrible minimates - maybe if Joss says okay but probably not going to happen.

BSG complete dvd box set with exclusive minimates. He said what it was but i missed it.

Dc minimates: DCD picked everything not DST. DCD says no thanks to making more even though the sales where decent.

Larger figures were not really liked by DST because they should all be one size (In regards to the DCD tall boys)

Companies hated the minimates Max. He said the reason but i missed it while typing. No new ones planned because they were hard to sell for that much.

Always going to do Star Trek TOS stuff. Battle damage Kirk & _______ pack coming soon (i didnt understand what was said). Next ship might be a Klingon ship.

Marvel Select Deadpool - it is on a list, but not coming soon. There is two years left on the license so we will see in time.

Wolverine Origins Minimates 4 pack with gambit wraith or other major characters - not done with this line. 

Dark Avengers TRU box set was a fluke cause TRU head demanded "the next big thing in comics" to sell at SDCC.

TRU 10 pack was made more than any other pack ever, ultimate green goblin might be updated if the character is used again.

Rarest figure will only be 1 per case not 1 per 10 for fan accessibility. The in package line poster is made so new fans can see what was already made and try to seek those out those to preserve collectability.

Playsets - coming soon. An they will be awesome. Generic playsets will be in scale for both minimates and 3 3/4 with just some minor adjustments. They will be cardboard like game boards and will come with two minimates.

Ultimate quarter - Marvel is being considered but this depends on Hasbro

Last edited by mrjasontodd on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:38 am 
active in the community

Please excuse the iPhones auto correct. I misspelt a lot of things and couldn't correct it becuase more info was coming as i typed it.

I will fix this later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:41 am 
Daniel Pickett

Awesome news! Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see your update.

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:25 pm 
active in the community

JuliusMarx wrote:
Awesome news! Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see your update.

D.
Thanks. My update is finished, just changed the grammar and added words to make human sentences but aside from that the info is pretty much the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:35 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Thanks for the info!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: Wizard World Philly DST notes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:48 pm 
We're going streaking!

Thanks for the info...

mrjasontodd wrote:
Tru will not get every Minimate that comic shops do. Comic shops are the main focus of this line.

Good.

mrjasontodd wrote:
Dc minimates: DCD picked everything not DST. DCD says no thanks to making more even though the sales where decent.

Figures. No reason to even hope for these to return...

mrjasontodd wrote:
Larger figures were not really liked by DST because they should all be one size (In regards to the DCD tall boys)

I find that to be surprising. That was one of the things I liked about DC Minimates, along with the early character selections and better decos overall.

mrjasontodd wrote:
Companies hated the minimates Max. He said the reason but i missed it while typing. No new ones planned because they were hard to sell for that much.

No wonder. Big, non-articulated resin statues. If these were articulated hollow plastic and a lot cheaper, these might have sold for bigger character selections like Galactus.

mrjasontodd wrote:
Rarest figure will only be 1 per case not 1 per 10 for fan accessibility. The in package line poster is made so new fans can see what was already made and try to seek those out those to preserve collectability.

What does this mean? Does it mean I can no longer just order a full set plus variant from a comic shop or on-line retailer? That would... not be cool.

mrjasontodd wrote:
Playsets - coming soon. An they will be awesome. Generic playsets will be in scale for both minimates and 3 3/4 with just some minor adjustments. They will be cardboard like game boards and will come with two minimates.

Interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:13 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

mrjasontodd wrote:

Thanks for the newsfeed! I remember the old Whitman Press-Out books. I think I had Superman's Fortress of Solitude. It was kinda cool putting it together.

I wouldn't mind an Avengers Mansion or JLA Satellite made out of cardboard if it had nice graphics on it. I'll be looking forward to see what develops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 am 
active in the community

There wasnt anything specific about the play set that was revealed. They called it a secret hideout so it could really go with anything. If they do official themed backdrops that would be top though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:26 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

mrjasontodd wrote:
Please excuse me as I am armed with just an iPhone and good intentions. These are cliff notes from the DST panel. I will post clearer meanings later on on the weekend.

Also I'd like to thank god for the cut & paste the iPhone 3.0 OS now has.

Dst q&a...

DST has had the Buffy license for five years. ALL of them from figures to statues and back. It just doesn't sell that well for production of new items. Lots have been canceled because of the lack of order like Firefly items. Angel and Buffy minimates box sets are designed but they don't know if it would sell well so they are holding back on production...

Larger figures were not really liked by DST because they should all be one size (In regards to the DCD tall boys)...

Playsets - coming soon. An they will be awesome. Generic playsets will be in scale for both minimates and 3 3/4 with just some minor adjustments. They will be cardboard like game boards and will come with two minimates...

Thank You for the notes, mrjasontodd.

On the Buffy license. I hope by the next series or movie or whatever that DST no longer has the license. Ready for a new company to give it a shot.

What does the larger figure comment mean ?

These playsets sound awesome. If they are plain-jane generic like what is being said, I might just be all over these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:09 am 
active in the community

DC Minimates had some tall figures like Ares and Killer Croc, The guy at the panel said that he didnt like that because he wanted all of the minimates to be made in a constant scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:15 pm 
Bob Vila

Minimate Headquarters also had a report from WWPhilly, which had most of the news you did (and you had a lot of things they didn't, such as the possible Godfather 2 set and the details about Wolverine:Origins). Couple nuggets: the playset will probably be cardboard, to keep costs down, and one new Marvel pack was announced: Captain Marvel and Black Bolt!

http://www.minimateheadquarters.com/?p=570

I repeat: Captain Marvel and Black Bolt! It's like they're cherry picking from my top ten list now. Can Quasar be far behind?!