Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Classic Star Trek Role Play - Art Asylum - Diamond Select
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:23 am 
shirtless hugger

I picked up the Classic Science Tricorder at TRU yesterday. It’s huge and awesome. The Classic Phaser and Communicator are also out. These role-play toys are far better than the Playmates predecessors from years ago.

The Classic Communicator has a real screen with holes in it and the round speaker has a motor that makes it spin as well as other sounds. It does not have an off button it turns off after a couple minutes. The spin function is cool, but the motor is a little loud.

The Classic Phaser is both Type I and Type II where the smaller Type I snaps into the Type II body. Previous versions have been black (Type I) and gray (Type II), but the new one I saw was all gray.

The Classic Science Tricorder is full size and comes with a smaller Science Scanner that stores in the lower compartment. It has lights and sound and has Spock say a few phrases. They also show a Medical Tricorder on the back of the box, I’m not sure what the difference is, perhaps it has McCoy’s voice instead of Spocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:38 am 
shirtless hugger

Here’s a look at my Star Trek Role Play items.

The Art Asylum / Diamond Select Communicator and Tricorder are left of center. The Phaser is separated into Type I and Type II to the upper right of center.

Everything else is made by Playmates except for the Tri-Dimensional Chess Set.

Star Trek The Next Generation Tricoders and Phasers are in the lower left corner. Star Trek Enterprise Phaser and Communicator are on the back left side. Star Trek The Motion Picture Phaser and Communicator are in the middle of the back left side. Classic Star Trek Phaser is in the upper right of the back left side.

The back right side has Phaser from the other Star Trek movies and a Klingon D'K Tahg Knife can be just barely seen along with a Klingon Disruptor and Phaser and Communicator from the new Star Trek film with the Tricorder just out of sight.

Under the Chess Set to the right of center are McCoy’s Medical tools

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:11 am 
5" Scale

Flabat, that is an awesome display. I didn't get into the playsets too much, but I do like that Tricorder. It's nice to see TRU taking a chance and putting more DST product on the shelves 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 pm 
Tis' but a pup

That display rocks!

Sallah

http://www.youtube.com/motuclassics *Latest Review- Hot Toys 1/6th Scale Batmobile!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

FlaBat, dude...now you have me thinking about collecting this stuff someday. I never thought it would look so awesome on display. This is one awesome load of gear. 8)