Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Best Star Trek line for Deep Space 9 figures?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

my first priority would be for a line that includes the largest representation of the show's characters. of course availability and secondary market prices are big factors as well. i imagine my choices are the old playmates figures and the minimates line. any links to checklists would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Best Star Trek line for Deep Space 9 figures?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:53 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Diamond Select Toys did a handful of 6" as well as minimates. Playmates did 9" and 5"

But I think without a doubt Playmates has the widest selection of DS9 characters in the 5" scale. Their secondary market prices aren't that high, the bottom really dropped out of that playmates stuff. I think finding all of them would be the trickiest part. But certainly not impossible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:09 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Almost every playmates trek figure is on Amazon.com... some for some really cheap prices!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:41 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

well, it doesn't look like any line will give me everything i want. after researching online, i've found out that minimates are completely out of the running. only one two-pack dedicated to ds9! i've been spoiled by their marvel product output i guess. so many characters and variants there!

the diamond select figures are great-looking but character selection is sparse. not even the full cast (no quark!) and zero supporting characters (no cardassians!). plus all figures sport the least colorful/distinctive starfleet uniforms from the show's entire run. still, that odo figure looks so damned good.

i guess the playmates line looked fine for the time it was produced but i'm living in a post-mcfarlane toys world, dammit! still, can't beat the character selection and price. a morn figure for pennies!

i blame netflix instant for re-igniting my love for this show. thanks for the responses. i think i'll try to get a combo of playmates and diamond toys.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:12 pm 
Knows his stuff

callsign_morlock wrote:
well, it doesn't look like any line will give me everything i want. after researching online, i've found out that minimates are completely out of the running. only one two-pack dedicated to ds9! i've been spoiled by their marvel product output i guess. so many characters and variants there!

the diamond select figures are great-looking but character selection is sparse. not even the full cast (no quark!) and zero supporting characters (no cardassians!). plus all figures sport the least colorful/distinctive starfleet uniforms from the show's entire run. still, that odo figure looks so damned good.

i guess the playmates line looked fine for the time it was produced but i'm living in a post-mcfarlane toys world, dammit! still, can't beat the character selection and price. a morn figure for pennies!

i blame netflix instant for re-igniting my love for this show. thanks for the responses. i think i'll try to get a combo of playmates and diamond toys.

Nice to see a fellow DS9 fan here! I'm a huge Trek guy, but DS9 is my favorite! I have the entire line of Playmates toys and really liked that line, even though the detail of them aren't close to matching something like McFarlane stuff or the Diamond Select figs. Still...it was a great line and was really fun (and frustrating) to collect!! Good luck with your hunt!

Rick