Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Stargate SG-1 Figures
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:50 am 
ABS

Anyone else collecting this line? I personally, am loving it. A few mistakes with the figures...but overall a great line. I hope wave 3 is on time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:10 pm 
shirtless hugger

I loved wave 1 despite the lack of bendable knees, I've been a bit lazy in getting series 2(the carter I want hasn't been released yet as far as I've seen-the desert one without a hat). I can't wait for the Claudia Black figure in series 3.

Atlantis doesn't interest me as much, though I'll get the Sheppard and Weir figures.

That pretty much exhausts the characters I'd ever want from the shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:36 pm 
Collector Inspector

I nearly collected these. Yeah they were expensive but the buildable stargate would have helped me cope with the price. But I decided I didnt need to get into another line of figures. Trying to get rid of somethat I already have. Plus, atleast for me, this line falls into other lines like Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, and buffy. These shows arent like Batman that gets a restart with every new cartoon or movie. IF a character dies, that character more than likely stays dead for the rest of the franchises history. ANd shows like these really dont recast unless absolutely nessecary or they really really really feel they could get away with it. I found that very hard to play with back in the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:32 pm 
Knows his stuff

I think most of the sculpts are pretty damn good, but the shiny paint apps and other various paint problems have put me off getting any so far. Personally right now I'm holding off to see if better painted versions, or that rumoured SG-1 boxed set (more than likely with the team in desert cammo gear) ever shows up, hopefully with nicer paint apps.

Close, but not quite worth my (limited) money right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:21 am 
shirtless hugger

Yeah the shininess of MacGuyver was annoying, I just put some dullcote on him though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:06 pm 
ABS

Stores seem to be getting Series 3 in now and the exclusive Replicarter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:08 pm 
ABS

Does anyone know if any online store has series 1 in stock? Cornerstore says they do but they are sold out except for the Serpent Guard.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 pm 
Collector Inspector

MAN!!!!!!!
I keep seeing these. Im really tempted. The baf stargate is just freakin awesome.
And these figures come with so much that I'd actually be ok paying about $15 per figure.
REALLY REALLY REALLY tempted. But I dont really need another toyline. Im more of a play with them person than anything else. And these are something more along the lines of displaying. Not much that could be done since only really the sg team is out.

That baf stargate is extremely freakin awesome though!!!!!!!

DrGreenEvil