Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anybody Seen Or Have The New Star Trek Wave 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:12 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I have heard they have been popping up and was curious if anybody has got them and how they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:27 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Which wave is this? Battle-damaged Kirk, Slave Girl, Klingon? I saw these at ePlanet Toys last week, looked really nice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:53 pm 
5th Horseman

Ayup - I reviewed all four over a couple reviews:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_033005a.htm

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/toybox/134.html

It took me awhile to find Vina though, as she's a) short packed and b) seems to be popular. Personally, my favorite was the Gorn, although all four are pretty sweet.

Michael
MWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I've read that they're showing up at comic shops, too, so I guess anyone who gets them through Diamond should have them soon.

I'm still waiting on my order from New Force, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:47 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I got the Gorn & Vina allready. Gorn is really sweet! I love the sculpt and articulation (I think he has aprox 18 points).

Vina was interesting... much of her Physique is sculpted in softer rubber... I'm not sure why... maybe they were going for realisim? Also she sports two different types of joints for each leg, which I also found odd. I give AA points for trying something new, and I really like Vina, but compared to other female offerings out there I think they fell short a bit on her.

I can't wait to get Kor!

Last edited by Gothneo on Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:10 pm 
5" Scale

Hope to pick these up this weekend from my local CBG, depending on the price. Definately like the big three, still not sure about Kirk since I'm not much into customizing. I haven't opened up my Star Trek figures, but I have heard about the rubber material on the AA Forum. Most folks don't seem to like it and don't think it's a smart way to make toys. So, not sure about the reasoning behind it. But most folks have seemed favorable on the new wave, with the exception of BD Kirk. Which is just a cope out for the most part. Then again, how many Wolverine's, Iron Men and Hulk's do we have now? Not to mention runner up Captain America and those god awful necks on most of the female Marvel Legend figures? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:11 am 

I've actually heard a few people say they think the paint app on the new kirk is really good... now the up comming DS9 wave... that's a bit of a cop out, and if they don't fix the distribution on them, it could mean the end of this line for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:37 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Got all 4 yesterday at my comic shop...THANK YOU Diamond for getting these out fairly quickly.

This is the best wave yet. THANK GAWD that there's finally a TOS wave from Art Asylum that has some non-humans in it. However, I'm shedding bitter tears for the Salt Vampire because we'll probably never see it...

My prediction is that Diamond Select's ridiculous "Buffy" plan applied to Trek will kill this line dead as a doornail. Does anyone really need 20 different Riker variants, all of which are "exclusives"? OY....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:43 am 

You know, if it's done the way SOTA did SF, I would be OK with all the viariant exclusives.

I just want to be able to go to ONE store and get all the regular figures for that wave!

Forceing everyone to go to 4 different places to get the full set is gonna kill it for sure.

Then if you have to have your variants, then fine run around and get them. I don't chase SF, and I won't chase Star Trek Figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:23 pm 
5" Scale

Gothneo, not sure, but I want to say that this might be a one shot deal. I don't think that's going to be the case with Riker and Worf. Look on the bright side, it could have been a Wizard exclusive :roll: Hopefully that won't happen. I know alot of folks are complaining about the T&T and the future figures. But these are the same folks that complained when there was no Star Trek toys. Sorry folks, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Hopefully DST will handle the line like they have handled the Buffy line. That way all of the crew members and aliens will eventually make it to the shelves. As far as 20 Rikers and Worfs, that's a bit of a exaggeration don't you? Plus, it beats the alternative, no Star Trek on the shelf. :lol: