Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel & DC Minimates Questions.....
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:39 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Okay, I'm looking to make an Avengers vs. Justice League display using minimates & needed some help from you guys. Are both Marvel & DC minimates the same size? And have they made the following minimates yet: Namor, Dr. Strange, Flash or Martian Manhunter? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Marvel & DC Minimates Questions.....
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:54 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Krypton1976 wrote:
Okay, I'm looking to make an Avengers vs. Justice League display using minimates & needed some help from you guys. Are both Marvel & DC minimates the same size? And have they made the following minimates yet: Namor, Dr. Strange, Flash or Martian Manhunter? Thanks.

Don't know much about the Marvel ones, but Flash and MM (JLU style) were released with the C3 construction line (unfortunately near the end of the line and they're pretty rare from what I understand)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:56 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Do you think that Flash & MM will be re-released in the current DC line? Also, I forgot to add Hawkeye for Marvel. Have they or are they going to make him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:01 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Krypton1976 wrote:
Do you think that Flash & MM will be re-released in the current DC line? Also, I forgot to add Hawkeye for Marvel. Have they or are they going to make him?

I'm sure there will be new Flash and MM MiniMates at some point, it's just a matter of when...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:07 pm 
shirtless hugger

Krypton1976 wrote:

No Hawkeye confirmed yet. As for Flash, you can also get him single packed with a vehicle of some sort. They'll probably release Flash and MM sometime soon in the line. After all, look at the range of figures so far.

As for Strange, rumors have been floating around that he will appear in a defenders boxset (which would have you Namor too). If that does happen, congrads for you. I personally only like the zombies though. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:49 pm 
Damage Control

I'm going to piggy back a question here if you guys don't mind. I am just getting into buying minimates and am glad that DC is using a larger body for larger characters. Will Marvel begin doing the same or is it a separate licensing thing for DC and Art Asylum for the larger bodies? I sure would like to get a Hulk, Rhino, Thing, Abomination, etc using those larger bodies DC has. Just curious.

On another note, I have the wave of Avengers on preorder (Thor, Loki, Wonderman, SheHulk, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver). I know they've done Cap a couple of times and Iron Man once or twice. Any chance of getting another Cap and reg. Iron man down the road? The Marvel MM's seem to be bogged down with some MA/Movie crap while the DC versions have not been out long and have a large array of characters (classic and modern) available. What's up with Marvel? Get the damn Avengers, Defenders, F4, Hulk, Spiderman, Xmen (classic for Pete's sake) out there so we can buy them.
Anyhoo, I'm on board for most classic stuff if they'll put it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:58 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

From what I've read, it's a separate deal between Art Asylum & DC, Art Asylum & Marvel. DC has Okayed the use for larger bodies for larger characters, but Marvel has not. :( I totally agree w/ you in that Marvel characters like the Hulk should use the larger body size. I'm actually contemplating customizing a larger body for the Hulk.

As for Cap & Iron Man, I haven't heard anything that they'll be reissued. Several versions, both classic & modern, have already been issued, so it might be unlikely that they'll be reissued in the near future.

As for the other teams you mention, most of them have been already issued in classic & movie forms in previous waves. Some members of the Avengers haven't been made yet & some of the Defenders haven't but are believed to be coming out in SDCC. But Spiderman, FF, X-men, & Hulk, in both classic & movie versions have already come out.

FYI - couple of great resources for both DC & Marvel Minimates are the Art Asylum's website & Minimates Headquaters website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:06 pm 
Damage Control

I've got the F4 by sheer luck at a Target of all places. Those are the ones that got me started. I never got a Cap, Spiderman, Ironman or Hulk though :cry: I know there is a Cap/Fury set out currently so I may try to track that down for Cap. If not, I may have to use the US Agent as his stand-in. Surely they'll release a different gold/red version of IM sometime (classic, modern, animated, anything). I dont' much care for getting Hulk unless he's big. Stupid Marvel and their shortsighted licensing. Let me know how the custom Hulk goes and I may try it. I think I might be able to find a gray Hulk and Rhino set so I might "oversize" both at once if you come up with a good way to do it.

Update:
Just found a Spidey set with sandman, hydroman and venom it it and found the old gray hulk/rhino set so I anxiously await your "supersizing" method to use on them.

Is the SuperSkrull/Thing set worth picking up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Glad you had luck finding those sets at retail Grouch! Me - I had to ebay most of mine. I've heard Target is the best spot to get 'em.

I have an idea to use maybe Bane or Killer Croc for Hulk. Was also considering using Ares for world war Hulk. Not sure yet.

Whose in the Skrull set?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:14 pm 
Damage Control

The set has SuperSkrull and Thing in his blue/white tanktop and shorts.

Is there a price guide out there for minimates? I've got a seller for some older stuff, but I don't want to insult the guy with a lowball figure but I also don't want to get taken either. Thanks.

Is it possible you guys tell me how much the following would be worth packaged and loose?

Cap
Doom
Iron Man
Absorbing Man
Wolverine - boxset
Colossus - boxset
Nightcrawler - boxset
Cyclops - boxset
Storm - boxset
Thunderbird - boxset
Iceman
Magneto
Green Hulk
Leader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:57 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Recently purchased the sentry, capt A, silver surfer, classic spidey, hulk, wolvey, iron man + ghost rider set and did't spend more than 6 bucks each on Ebay.

BTW - any new minimates news from SDCC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:24 pm 
Damage Control

Krypton1976 wrote:
Recently purchased the sentry, capt A, silver surfer, classic spidey, hulk, wolvey, iron man + ghost rider set and did't spend more than 6 bucks each on Ebay.

BTW - any new minimates news from SDCC?

Why yes. It looks like my timing is right on with getting into minimates.
Marvel minimates wave 19 & 20 = Hawkeye, Vision (and variant), Ms. Marvel, Ultron, Spiderman (FA?), Smart Hulk, Abomination, Archange/Angel, Apocalypse(sp?), Mysterio, classic Havok, classic Polaris.
I'm not sure who's in which wave (but does it matter???)
Defenders 4pk = 70's Namor, Dr. STrange, Valkerie, Hulk.
Star Trek TOS 3 = Klingon, Salak, Kirk and Spock in dress uniforms?, Kahn, and another I couldn't make out.
Not sure about DC. I still hate that Grodd and Clayface will tower over Hulk and Abomination, but them's the breaks. Stupid Marvel licensing. Whoever didn't want larger minimates for the larger characters should be fired. Anybody know who the brainiac in charge of that is? Must be someone kin to Georg Brewer...... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:58 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

OMG!! :shock: I need Hawkman, Dr. Strange & Namor!! Release dates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:19 pm 
MINT!

very happy about Ms Marvel, Havok & Polaris and the Defenders!!!

andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:00 am 
buzz word garbage hater

Hawkman is getting released in September, I think...