Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DST Buffy Deluxe series 3 - Willow, Kennedy, Kendra review
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:36 pm 
5th Horseman

Tonight we have an early review of the newest wave of Buffy Deluxe (i.e. super articulated) action figures from Diamond Select Toys. This third series includes Chosen Willow, Chosen Kennedy, Becoming Kendra and the chase White Witch Willow. These should be hitting stores in the next 2 - 3 weeks tops, but you can check them out now at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

And Thursday comes ANOTHER Buffy related review - the PF Spike! It's mid-week, so that means there's a Quick Stop update as well. This week I have an interview with the exceptional prototype painter Edward Wires. Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:18 pm 
Collector Inspector

I might get the "chosen" Willow.
Hastings has the "chosen" Giles now thats really tempting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 am 
Collector Inspector

Ive been lookin at my deluxe Buffy figures, "Once More with Feeling" Buffy and "End of Days" Faith.
They sure went to alot of trouble just to have the arms and legs bend at the elbows and knees. They employ a whole 3rd piece for the appendages.
Anybody know why ? Or if the 3rd piece serves some sort of purpose ?

Just seems like alot of trouble just to get the arms and legs to bend when a regular joint would have done the same thing.

DrGreenEvil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:44 pm 
Collector Inspector

Sorry to pull back up a really old thread but...

Hastings (atleast my Hastings) has the Kennedy figure on sale for $4.25. Just in case anyone was interested. Also a month ago or so I bought Willow for $8.50. So your Hastings might have a Willow figure for $4.25 now.
I might get it just because its so cheap. See what putting her coat and arms on my Buffy figure would look like. And could always use another scythe.

Is it just my Hastings, or does it seem that Hastings is getting really good about putting things on sale. Although it could be due to mine moving to a new location soon and wanting to get rid of as much stuff beforehand.