Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Buffy... CANCELLED!!!... not that hurt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:49 am 
Collector Inspector

For those who care ... posted on BTVSfigs...

[ Fellow Buffy fanatics,

It is with much regret that we must announce the cancellation of our upcoming Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figure lines, specifically the Judge waves and the Buffy Revamped series. Despite renewed retail support for the Buffy Season 8 comics, domestic and international orders for our lines have not met the necessary levels to continue with their production at this time. We still believe in the loyal fans of both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, however the fact remains that there is not enough support throughout the product cycle to support these action figure lines in advance of their release. This cancellation DOES NOT mean we will not, at some point in the future, produce more Buffy/Angel figures, however these two lines cannot proceed as originally planned.

To date, DST has produced over 100 unique action figures under our Buffy the Vampire Slayer license as well as a variety of other products ranging from plush to resin statues and busts. DST's other Buffy product lines will continue as originally announced, including the ongoing line of Essence Statues.

DST Chuck ]

I have only recently gotten into Buffy figures. I love my dx Buffy and Faith. Thought about getting some of the MAC figures, but I have a rule of only getting the figures that are out at the time I start liking something. Got into Buffy about 02/03, so MAC figures are out.
Recently bought season 5 Angel. Extremely unimpressed. Could barely stand up, kinda hunched over, dont like v crotches, and when I went to move his hand I tore it off. Saw that the other regular figures were made the same way and decided to just stay away. The cancelling of the regular line helps to, why get started when its over.
I just hope the deluxe line isnt cancelled. Wasnt really thinking about getting Willow or Kennedy, but if it helps to support the line.

Ill probably comeback and comment some more later. Might even be obnoxious and keep saving my own thread from going down the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:04 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

get KENDRA- she's awesome-

Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:26 pm 
Collector Inspector

Not big on dead minor characters.
I have Buffy, Faith, and have dx Angel, and Glory on the way from bbts.
Unless I decide to get Willow and Kennedy, I think those 4 will tide me over through any incarnation of Buffy (Whedon and non)(and I think the non Whedon stuff will happen sooner than you think) for awhile.

Plus, like i said, I just didnt like the season 5 Angel figure. I went to use his wrist articulation and I accidently ripped off his hand. And since all the other DST figures are made the same way, Im just gonna stay away.
Love the dx line though. Maybe next year if Ripper gets off the ground they can make a dx series around that. Id love a fully articulated Giles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:44 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

you can dismember any Angel figure you want- I have a DEEP dislike for David B. after meeting him earlier this year.

Val

as far as Kendra goes, I understand your stance- I on the other hand love all the minor characters, particularly those that had some kind of impact on the series as a whole. Plus, she was a Slayer- that was enough for me.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:59 pm 
Collector Inspector

I got my new Buffy figures in today. Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Got Destiny Angel and Titan Glory.
The dx Angel is miles ahead of Season 5 Angel. Granted, its still got a list of problems, but its such a better action figure.
Glory is awesome to. It doesnt seem to have any of the problems that the regular figures usually have. Really love the hammer to.

And this is for you CordeliaChaseFan. I love how you got a kick out of me accidentaly ripping the hand off my season 5 Angel. Well tonight, in an effort to give my dx Angel a human head, I was able to pop off the regular Angel's head. What sucks though is the figures use two different sizes of neck balls, so I cant switch the two. Im keeping the head, and all the accessories, from it though. But the headless and handless figure is going in the goodwill box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:14 pm 
Hey DrGreenEvil, In order to have dlx regular faced Angel figure, I took the dlx 50's Angel figure, took off the red arms and jacket and put the dlx vamped Angel's jacket and arms on it and you will get a season 1 of BtVS Angel figure. It works and looks good plus the arms are made to be popped out. Just a suggestion for you if you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:49 pm 
Knows his stuff

I got hosed in a similar way, trying to put a human head on my Deluxe Spike. I bought a head from the Season 5 Spike (non-Deluxe) figure, and the ball joint doesn't fit the head properly. It stays on... unless you move it or touch it in any way. I have no desire to get any more figures to take apart to fix this problem, so do any of you have any advice from here -- how I can get the head to stay on tighter, with at least minimal movement? Would rubber cement help, or something like that?

As for the line being canceled, I am most disappointed we didn't get Charles Gunn, the most important character from the two shows that never got a figure. I was stunned and disappointed that Robin Wood was originally solicited instead of Gunn, but I guess that's a moot point too. I wasn't a fan of Harmony or Riley, but I know their fans were disappointed as well. I'm just thrilled we got as many good figures as we did, especially Xander, Cordelia, and Giles (the Watchers box set version in the suit with removable glasses) that were improvements over the MAC versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 am 
Collector Inspector

ON the heads. I honestly think that you just cant switch heads between regular and dx figures. They use a different size neck balls, what gives the figure neck and head articulation. One kind wont fit into the whole of the other.
You have to use a dx head with dx figures. The best way I know to get human heads for them is to get the Hawaiian 2 pack.

On the line being cancelled. You can read my thoughts on the regular line and why Im not even gonna try. Did get Glory though, but to me thats a special situation (my favorite villian plus I really wanted the hammer). Also I have a "why get started when it over" approach to it.
Just hope the dx line isnt canceled.

In a few ways though, I wish I had just gotten Buffy and maybe Glory and that was it. Cause now Im wanting more Buffy action figures, but I can already say to myself that I dont need them. Might atleast get dx Willow.