Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AdultCollector's MOTUC Photos
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:22 pm 
active in the community

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adultcol ... 6950703800

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:56 pm 
active in the community

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:42 pm 
active in the community

Terry Huddleston is offering up gorgeous high quality prints of his portraits for $20 each or two for $30 before shipping (no tax)!
He has perfectly captured He-Man and She-Ra's likenesses, and is currently working to bring us both Hordak and Skeletor!
You can choose your own character for him to illustrate for only $50 before shipping (no tax)!
To order, E-mail the artist at tthuddleston@gmail.com.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 am 
active in the community

Time for another He-Bro custom, this one brought to you by AdultCollector's Customs!:

Original character concept and design belongs to this artist:
http://he-man.us/biographies/townies/He-Bro.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm 
active in the community

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:11 pm 
active in the community

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 am 
active in the community

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 pm 
active in the community

Last edited by AdultCollector on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:11 pm 
active in the community

Review: Custom Masters of the Universe Classics Warduke Figure from Alvis Underground
By AdultCollector

Its no surprise that Dungeons & Dragons fans fell in love with this character when Ljn Toys first introduced him as an action figure in 1983. The toy's bright colors, swinging arm action, and creative mix of shapes and textures were a winning design! The toy's packaging revealed nothing about the character's history or abilities, instead simply labeling him as an "Evil Fighter". These elements I believe helped fuel children's' imaginations as they were left to decide for themselves who was behind the blue-horned helmet with piercing red eyes, and helped them imagine Warduke in worlds other than the D&D realm fighting other similarly-sized toys like Darth Vader or Superman.

Source: Toyarchive.com

Warduke's bio has been fleshed out several times D&D adventure campaigns, giving fans insight into his equipment, special abilities, and magical spells spells like Devestation's Wake and Touch of Death. He was later featured in an episode of the animated D&D cartoon show called "In Search of the Dungeon Master" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCvA2D96ZY) in which Warduke's sword glowed and turned everything it touched to ice, helping him fell a tree and imprison the young heroes' ObiWan-esque mentor.

This popularity has lead to a variety of fan art and other media to be produced, giving us ample opportunity to show off our renewed loved for this character!

Masters of the Universe Classics offers the perfect base for this custom figure. Similar to Alvis Customs' Blackstarr conversion kit, this toy comes with a bright studded belt that wraps around and conceals the original toy's existing belt. There is quite a bit of sculpting on this custom figure, with just enough detail to emulate the vintage toy as closely as possible.

Alvis does a great job of maintaining the character's toy-like appearance, sticking to bright solid colors and just enough gloss to give the plastic an attractive new-toy shine. The figure's paint is sealed in tight and handling it I'm not concerned that anything will fall off or break. This was built to be played with. The necklace is glued in place (I removed the glue on mine) and his left hand is somewhat easy to remove (but not too easy) so its easier to attach the shield after applying

Warduke looks great posed with other Classics figures. Its easy to imagine him as Skeletor's new tool in a scheme to overthrow King Randor or to gain entry into Castle Grayskull. He has a great warlord vibe to him and could make a great faction leader, or some random brute with a chip on his shoulder.

Warduke has no articulation in his armored foot. Be sure to apply heat with a hair dryer to loosen his gauntlet hand otherwise it will be too hard and closed to allow his shield to be equipped. I'm debating whether to remove the yellow wash added to his exposed skin. If I do it will be removed with fingernail polish remover. Also trying to decide which DCUC head would look best so I can display Warduke without a helmet on.

The jewel is one of my favorite design elements to this figure. That and the impressive use of straps and rings, which I surmise would be very difficult to execute. Alvis pulled it off nicely!

All that's needed to strap his shield and sword to his back is a rubber band. Just cut the rubber band and carefully tie it to the back of the armor after looping it through the handle of the shield. The same loop can be used to slide the sword in like a sheath.

There are a ton of display options for this character. I can't wait to see what Warduke photos other MOTU fans come up with!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:50 am 
Daniel Pickett

Wow. Awesome stuff. I've seen that on his Facebook page, but your close-ups are even better.

Thanks for posting.
D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:30 pm 
active in the community

Thank you for the kind words Julius!

For the first time I flew down to the Power-Con convention in Torrance, California! Best weekend ever! So many great memories....

* Sharing a shuttle with Rainbowbrite and having a great discussion with her on the way to Torrance, not realizing who she was until I saw her sitting as a panel member during the late night Gooble Roasted Masters event!
* Being there to witness Val (JVS3) propose to Rachel! So funny when they realized the cake that was served in celebrated had He-Man and She-Ra illustrated on top. They're brother and sister! :hmlol:
* Running into Hunter of Hunter (Hunter Knight Customs) at the Matty booth and checking out all of the new toys together! Helped him film a short review video of the awesome Horde Troopers!
* Sneaking a custom figure into the case next to the mystery cloth concealing the Unnamed One for giggles. The person manning the booth said it was a Molar figure under the cloth.
* Getting my MOC He-Man figure signed by the Four Horsemen, and my MOC Spector figure signed by Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich!
* Meeting a bunch of great animators and writers from the vintage Masters of the Universe cartoon series!
* Watching Pixel Dan shoot his annual Matty booth tour with Toyguru!
* Bringing out some custom figures while waiting in line for the show to start, and watching a bunch of attendees take photos of them!
* Finding out Alan Oppenheimer was the voice of both Skeletor AND Cringer! He gave me a little Cringer voice acting action to prove it! :hmgrin:
* Meeting Jack and Leslie Wadsworth, the actors who played He-Man and She-Ra on stage during the 1980's Power Tour! Turns out they were living right by me for years!
* Scoring front row seats for Sunday's Mattel Panel and talking shop with the guys who are making our favorite toys!
* Grabbing dinner with my friends from Spymonkey Creations Inc. and Alvis Underground! Discovered the greatest drink ever - birthday cake milkshake with sprinkles, whip cream, and rum at The Counter restaurant!
* Meeting amazing customizers like He-Mike and the guys behind Defenders of Eden and Bognar!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:48 am 
Daniel Pickett

Bummer. I wish I had know that was you so I could have introduced myself. I was trying to get your attention at the beginning of the Matty panel to see if you could close those curtains right by you as there was a terrible glare on our side of the room.

Maybe next year. Glad you had a great time!
D.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:33 pm 
active in the community

Sorry I missed you Julius! It was the best weekend ever. I was too busy trying to soak it all in. Next year if I can make it meeting my friends across the Internet will be my #1 priority! :D

Trick or treat! Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:14 pm 
active in the community

My copy of The Power and the Honor Foundation Catalogue Volume One, autographed by Filmation artists and writers during Power-Con 2013 in Cali.

More autographs from Filmation animators and writers at Power-Con 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:07 pm 
active in the community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next