Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BigTP25's SHS and DC Brave and the Bold Collection
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hello All! I am new to the forums. Last year my wife and I welcomed twin boys into the world, to go along with our almost 3 year old daughter, so I would like to thank them for giving me the excuse(s) to build "their" collection of SHS and DC AL / Brave and the Bold figures. Hope you all enjoy...

*** With twins, comes double of EVERYTHING... ***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently, as of yesterday, I was able to add this little gem to the collection. He hasn't arrived yet though. I hope to one day to be lucky enough to get my hands on H.E.R.B.I.E and Kraven... :-(

I once had Black and White Storm along with the other "New Fantastic Four" pack figures but was stupid and sold them. I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON THEM AGAIN...

So dumb...

Come back home baby!!!

Post subject: Re: BigTP25's SHS and DC Brave and the Bold Collection
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:04 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

aww, man-- this thread makes me remember how many more "unproduced" figures I still need to find.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:33 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Dude, that is a seriously awesome room. Those boys will be the hit of their classrooms once they start having friends come over to play too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:00 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

@bnjmnrlyr I wish it was room (singular)...seeing as how I have twinkies everything is doubled, in an effort to be fair to each little guy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I have a set of in-laws that have triplets and, yeah, I totally get the "fair" aspect of having to get multiples.

Regardless, the city skyline on the wall, the cool superhero prints and the Hammer and Shield embedded in the wall just add to the coolness, as does the personalized name collages.

With all of those figures just climbing on everything, those boys should have a grand time exploring everyday.

I know you said in a different thread this all started with your Daughter, is her room set up the same way?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:06 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

@bnjmnrlyr

Her room isn't. It's more girly with bright colors and dots. How this addiction start is rooting when I was a kid. I loved my action figures...be it TMNT, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, Batman etc. I loved setting them up and knocking them down and repeating the process. So I wanted my kids to have that excitement of going to the store (now online) and searching and rooting out the figures they want to have. Part of the fun is the search, the chase. So I was thinking what could I do with my daughter, then my only child, that she could grow up with and start her on this journey of fun. Since girls and action figures seem to be mutually exclusive I opted for the Fisher Price Disney Little People. Not exactly an extremely hard to find line. It's new, but I figured Disney has a robust catalog of characters so it might be fun to start. To date, we have everything created for that line.

When my wife and I found out we were having twin boys, I wanted to get them started on something similar in size and cuteness. I just started searching online to see what could be the equivalent to the Little People but superhero-ish. That lead me SHS and AL figures. I was like, SWEET, those will work, but having no knowledge of the market or if they were even available I dove in VERY naive. Well I quickly found out the market was EXPENSIVE and thin when it came to availability.

I got lucky and was able to buy, for a pretty penny, someones super collection that I met while buying something from him of eBay. Funnily, he was local and his collection was pretty much all encompassing minus a few here and there. So ever since, I have been on a mission to try and get those uber tough to find figures. I know they are out there...its just hard to find someone that A) has them and B) is willing to entertain the idea of parting with them. It's the completion-ist in me that won't feel right until I can claim I have ALL of the tiny little dudes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Wonderful room! May I ask where those posters of various characters in the black frames were acquired from? Those are so cool. :)

Post subject: ^u&hj&
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:38 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi thanks for the kind words. Some of the pictures I was able to find online, Pinterest, believe it or not. Alot of them I made myself. The villains, mostly, I made on my own. If you want them I'd be more than happy to share. PM me and I will send them to you.