Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ALL the Plastic Man stuff! (Except the mego one)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

So here is my absurdly OCD collection of Plastic Man memorabilia. With the exception of some Legos and a stray figure here and there, this is pretty much the extent of my toy collection now. As far as I know, this is the largest and most complete collection of Plas stuff in existence, and I say that based on the fact that, other than the 1978 Mego Stretch Armstrong Elastic Plastic Man figure, I have every single Plastic Man item in some version that I know to exist. If you know of others, please let me know. Anyhow, here goes:

This is my display shelf. Hardcover and oversized comics on the bottom shelf, overflow of books from bookshelf, Swamp Thing and Constantine, a baby picture, a picture of the place where I was born and 2 polaroids of my eyeballs on the second shelf, Legos that I have currently assembled on the top shelf and on the third shelf ALL THE PLASTIC MAN STUFF!

Closer views:

Starting from the right there is the awesome Plastic Man as a wristwatch from DCD, a matted picture with a first day of issue stamped envelope, Brave and the Bold Stretch Attack Plastic Man with Rubberneck, DCD's JLA Pewter Series Plas, History of the DCU Plas (the most awful Plastic Man figure ever made by DCD)Hot Wheels Flashsider, Alex Ross collectors plate from the WB store and Blammoid Plas, all sitting on top of a mini poster featuring Plas and Woozy.

top row, right to left: Bearbrick Super Powers Plas, custom Lego Plas, Sonic Kids Meal tot Plas, MIP copy of a Plastic Man record single, JLU Plas, Plas as a Suitcase SDCC Exclusive, and a little Plas B&TB action league figure I got in Austria
center row: MOC Argentinian Super Powers Plastic Man with mini comic (and you cant really see it but in the protective case with the figure is an old Topps Plastic Man foldees card, from I think 1968?), original Ben Cooper Plastic Man kids costume in original box, MOC DCUC Plas and Alex Ross Justice Plas
front row: All three unique heroclix with the card, Kenner JLA Plas, all three B&TB Happy Meal figures (including the one in the middle exclusive to Brazil), the DCUC Plas files and a 1978 Taystee Plas & Woozy sticker card
sitting on top of 2 gold leaf USPS stamps

and lastly, we've got a loose DCUC Plastic Man (easily the most fun Plastic Man toy ever!), MOC DCD Variant Plastic Man, imaginext Plas on top of that, Eaglemoss lead figurine, DCD Who's Who Plas wrapped around a Parademon, 2 B&TB Prototypes, Action League Glider with the Atom, a trade ad for the cartoon series, the DVD set, a pair of goggles from the DCUC package and its sitting on an ad for plastic inventions featuring the man himself.

Doesn't feel empty without the Mego one, but it'll feel a lot more complete once he's there!

Post subject: Re: ALL the Plastic Man stuff! (Except the mego one)
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:40 am 
MINT!

Very cool and dedicated collection!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:08 pm 
3 3/4"

I wish I could find the Moc ups for the rumored Plastic Man movie from the 90s to send you.Was in a movie mag

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:52 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Oh, cool. I've actually been writing a Plastic Man movie.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:05 pm 
Knows his stuff

As a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold collector, I appreciate the hell out of your Plastic Man collection!