Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Prodigeek's Marvel/DC Dioramas and Displays
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Welcome to my action figure collection gallery. It's gone through several iterations and I'll try to post some of the different iterations here. Can't wait to hear what you all think

You can view the full list of what is in my collection here on Mint Condition Collection.

Post subject: Re: Prodigeek's Marvel/DC Dioramas and Displays
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:32 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Marvel Urban (Spider-Man/Daredevil/Maximum Carnage)
This is the ground level of my urban setting. The Spider-Man Animated Series Daily Bugle, Spider-Man Alley, Ghostbusters Firehouse, and Spawn Alley playsets make up the streets and buildings with street lamps from the Dark Knight Returns Robin.

Spider-Man
Image Image
Image Chance custom
Image Tombstone custom

Heroes for Hire
Image Misty Knight custom

Young Avengers

Daredevil vs. the Hand

Daredevil vs. Kingpin

Scarlet Spider vs. Sinister Syndicate
Image Boomerang, Slyde, and Vermin customs

Daily Bugle (interior)
Chameleon and Norman Osborn customs

Fantastic Four vs. Dr. Doom

Maximum Carnage
Image Prowler Custom Image Sleepwalker Custom
Image Carrion Custom
Image Darkhawk custom
Image Sin Eater custom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:34 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

This is an overview of most of the different set ups I have. I'm still preparing close up pics of each. There are lots of customs around too.

First, part of the room shot. I've got 4 large file cabinets in the room now for my comic collection (about 8,000 comics). They make it a bit tough to stand up figures since when I close the drawers, the shelves shake. Eventually I'd love to do custom shelving, but that wasn't in the cards yet.
Let's remember that this is just one wall in this room.

Astonishing X-Men
Background from Niubniubsuniverse.com. Photoshopped it to be lighter. Not too happy with the positioning. Will try some more variety here.

Inhumans
Most of the customs were done by Victor Kraven. Not sure about Lockjaw.

Mighty Avengers vs. Ultrons
I love when a team line up works out. I threw in Giant-Man cause I really wanted a Pym in any Ultron battle. Iron Patriot is just standing there cause at this point, I don't know what set up he fits in. Maybe he's really behind this Ultron attack?

Avengers vs. Thanos
Mentor and Starfox customs are by Kraven. Moondragon is by Stef. Scarlet Witch seemed to have gotten a bit cut out of the picture.

Asgard
I had a slew of Asgardians done by Fraser Thomson. Thor and Loki are going to by flying above everyone. And I'll likely elevate Sultur (forget who did his custom). I'm also waiting for my Enchatress and Ulik to finish this out. Also not positive if I'll put Beta Ray Bill with my space figures or in Asgard.
Note, Galadriel figure is my stand in for Kelda.

Avengers vs. Masters of Evil
I'm incredibly proud I managed to put the full Roger Stern Avengers team (from Under Siege). This display is inspired by that (down to Hercules getting beaten by the Wrecking Crew). The Masters of Evil is however, not completely authentic.

90s X-Men Versus Sentinels
Waiting for my custom 90s Jean Grey. X-Man is also there, but not sure where I really want him. I have this unfortunately column in the room that makes this set up a bit awkward.

JLA versus Darkseid
Another awkward column shot. The whole set up curves around.

Crisis on Infinite Earths
Superman keeps falling over with Supergirl. So trying to find a way to avoid that.

Dr. Strange
Mystical Marvel. The borders are done with formboard and the background is right from classic Ditko.

Secret Avengers vs. Count Nefaria
Display is from the fold out Batman Batcave. I broke it apart and used each background for something different.

JLA vs. Legion of Doom
Still have several flying figures to put in the set up.

Dark Phoenix
Buffy Library put to work. Don't know who did the custom Thunderbird.

Kree/Skrull War
This is actually on the other side of the room. Using the iGear Transformers Computer Command Center as my starship. Love how I got the Thing posed.

The opposite wall houses my space figures. There's the Green Lantern/Sinestro Corp War (yes that is a custom Mogo) and Cosmic Marvel. I still have to put up all my Blackest Night figures, which will look like they're encroaching on the Green Lantern War. Then there's a kinda classic/silver agey space JLA vs. Braniac battle under the cosmic Marvel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:36 am 
shirtless hugger

Woah! Massive collection you've got there!

I've always toyed (no pun intended) with the idea of creating a city-scape as you have with your Spiderman/Marvel characters. The Ghostbuster's Firehouse playset is a must, but I'm not really sure how it compares, scale-wise with the other sets you have like the Daily Bugle. That's just a facade without an interior, right?

In any case, thanks for sharing your pics!