All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Darklord's Collection Room
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:49 pm 
PVC

Alright gang,

Here is my STAR WARS Toy Collection.

I hope you like the pics.

Before I post the photos, a few brief points:

1) EVERY ITEM in this collection has been opened , assembled and played with (yes, I admit it). The packagings are only my way to store and protect the toys when not in use.

2) I’m not a “displayerâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:51 pm 
PVC

In this first photo we've basically got my IMPERIAL FORCES shelf with all my Vader cases full of my Imperial army.

Moving to the left, I've got my Playsets shelf...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:51 pm 
PVC

... Continuing on toward the LEFT, my IMPERIAL FORCES shelves begin again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:52 pm 
PVC

... As we move toward the LEFT some more, old Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke SKYWALKER stand guard over my squadron of TIE FIGHTERS and Darth Vader's Tie Advanced X-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:53 pm 
PVC

Luke Skywalker is apparently doing DOUBLE guard duty... this time with dear ol' daddy Darth Vader!

Here, they both standing guard over my squadron of Tie Interceptors.

To the left of that, Princess Leia guards my C-3P0 Collector Cases containing my Rebel Forces Personnel, and my General Character cases from A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:53 pm 
PVC

Moving farther to the LEFT...

R2-D2 and C3-P0 stand as representatives of the REBEL FLEET of my collection: A-Wing Fighters, B-Wing Fighters, Rebel Transports, Y-Wing Fighters, Millennium Falcon(s) (various releases) and X-Wing Fighters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:54 pm 
PVC

Han Solo and Chewbacca mean BUSINESS!! The pair stand guard over that fast "hunk of Junk", my six-foot long Millennium Falcon Extraordinaire Toys r Us store display from 1997 (inside the custom-made box carton with graphics that I created.)

This ship is pretty much to CORRECT scale for the 3-3/4 inch action figures, so those Large Winged TIE FIGHTERS had better watch out!! I actually consider THIS ship to be the "official" Millennium Falcon of my collection... at least until Hasbro gives us a five-foot scaled ship for our figures. RIGHT... like that's ever going to happen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:55 pm 
PVC

... And as Darth Vader told Obi-Wan Kenobi aboard the Death Star... "the circle is now complete"...

We're back were we started...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:56 pm 
PVC

In the CENTER of my Collection "storeroom" I have a six-foot long banquet table set up with my custom-built correctly-scaled JAWA SANDCRAWLER parked on top.

The story behind it very briefly:

While screwing around with some Jawa action figures last spring, I decided that I really did not like how tiny the out-of-scale Hasbro / Vintage Kenner Jawa Sandcrawlers looked.

I immediately got in touch with a model builder friend of mine from South America and commissioned him to build me a NEW Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler toy in correct scale to Hasbro's 3-3/4 inch figures!!

This custom JAWA SANDCRAWLER is 2-1/2 Feet tall. 5 Feet 2 inches long. It features a Full Control Room Cabin, Front Ramp Loading Bay, Side Compartment Droid Storage, and Working lights.

NOTE: It's a good thing I only needed to have ONE of these built since only ONE appears in Ep IV !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:58 pm 
PVC

And now, some custom Action Figures that I created for my STAR WARS Toy Collection...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:59 pm 
PVC

LANDO CALRISSIAN: Skiff Guard Disguise
Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
Generally, I liked Kenner’s vintage Lando Skiff Guard Disguise (1983) very much. But I did NOT like Hasbro’s POTF II “overly buffâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:59 pm 
PVC

LUKE SKYWALKER: Tatooine Farmboy
Custom Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
As simplistic-looking as he may be, Kenner’s very first Vintage Luke Skywalker figure (from 1978) is a true classic!! Having said that, I certainly NEEDED a MUCH more detailed, modern Luke for my collection. POTF II Luke (1995) looked more like He-Man what with his “Prince Adamâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 pm 
PVC

LUKE SKYWALKER: Hoth Patrol
Custom Action Figure and Photos by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
The Vintage Kenner Luke Hoth (from 1981) was an okay action figure, but the details were inaccurate. It would never hold up today. With POTF II Luke Hoth (1996), once again, we had the tapered-waist and barrel chest mixed with pre-posed legs that I do not like. Then when SAGA Luke Hoth arrived in 2003, it was with "funky-ckicken" posed legs!! Great... Just great.

GOAL:
It was my intention to create a neutrally-posed, detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of LUKE SKYWALKER in his Hoth Snow Uniform. I did NOT want to have this figure featuring the (scene-specific) bloody wounds on his face from his violent encounter with the Wampa snow beast. Luke Hoth has been correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“Echo Three to Echo Seven. Han ol’ buddy, do you read me?â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:01 pm 
PVC

LUKE SKYWALKER: Dagobah Training

PROBLEM:
Hasbro has only ever offered two action figure versions of Luke Skywalker dressed in the soiled Jedi Knight training fatigues that he wore on Dagobah. The first offering in March of 1996 was part of Hasbro’s Power of the Force II line. “Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatiguesâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:02 pm 
PVC

LUKE SKYWALKER: Bespin Fatigues

PROBLEM:
Various previous attempts at this action figure have missed the mark: Vintage Kenner Luke Bespin (1980) was cute, but way too tall, and not enough detail. POTF II Bespin Luke (1998) had a tapered waist and barrel chest, with some pre-posing of the legs (which was typical of the offerings from that line). SAGA Luke Bespin Duel was too scene-specific (with his face depicted in its bruised state), and the poorly designed bending knees made for a flimsy figure.

GOAL:
I simply wanted a heroic-looking custom action figure of Luke Skywalker as he appeared when he came to Cloud City to rescue his friends in danger. Instead, he faced off against the evil Darth Vader for the first time. As with virtually ALL of my custom figures, I wanted this figure to be NON-scene specific. So a “bruised faceâ€