Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Looking for old RTM story&photos from Jan. 2003...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:49 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
So this is very random indeed, but i remember reading the review Julius had for the first 3-4 JL figures around January 14-20th, 2003... I tried locating the photos but could not. I think I asked him/you about this years ago but forgot. I’m posting about it as the first initial wave of the figures were painted slightly different than the next batch... I’m curious if you by chance have those photos saved? If not, it’s obviously no big deal at all. I’ve just been nastalgic and looking at Mattel’s figures and saw a shift in paint app quality and have seen that there were also 2-different Superman head molds used. I remember your photos showed the Superman with mold 1. Later waves used a random mold 2 for some reason, but I just wanted to see your photos of Superman mold 1 head for comparison, but I can’t find it anywhere else.
Thanks for any help.

Kallum.

Post subject: Re: Looking for old RTM story&photos from Jan. 2003...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:37 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Is this the photo?...

EDIT: I know this isn't the original article, but this is where I found that pic...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afim ... iew-part1/

Post subject: Re: Looking for old RTM story&photos from Jan. 2003...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:52 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Jim_Abell wrote:
Is this the photo?...

EDIT: I know this isn't the original article, but this is where I found that pic...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afim ... iew-part1/

Thanks for helping with my odd quest Jim, lol. Yeah I saw this article and that’s when I think I annoyed Julius about his original review. I have a million JL and JLU Superman figures and I think only one has the head that is thicker and reaches both sides of the base of the neck, but I saw an image of Julius’ Superman and saw it was similar. I am trying to mak an blog post wth an image comparing ach of the generations of Supermen (showing how bad mattel’s QC went down as they grew the line.) Obviously this isn’t vital to get the photos but it would be quite cool to have for comparison (and honestly nostalgia, as Julius was the first review I saw of the figures and I just remember some fun accessories and good shots compared to other reviews. lol. Also, the link to the group photo of the 4 figures that are opened in that article you posted, doesn’t work unfortunately.)
Once again though, thank you so very much for your assistance mate. :)

*side note... what I wouldn’t give for HQ images of those prototype figures, (they looked amazing and the sculpts and colors of the paints just looked cooler than the final release.)

Kallum.