Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: APPEAL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 am 
BANNED

I have been unjustly banned for several days of this forum because I did practice my liberty of speech, opinion and tought.

The moderator stated that I insulted and threated forum members, something that is not true

What I did say is that I won´t never buy a Toyguru action figure because I think his face is ugly and I will buy it until he gets Zac Efron´s pretty face via plastic surgery. And I said to Shabyblue that everybody hate him wherever he is and goes and that I would like to see him living in a trash container. I know that this comments are vain and not polite and kind but there are not a threat or a insult, they are what I really think about these two persons, this are my opinions and the Constitution of my country and the American Constitution (where this forum is located) grant me the liberty of say whatever I want to say and think, no matters if this is not kind or intelligent.

I just want to remember to everybody that Law is superior over the personal criterion and local rules.

BTW Shabyblue told me that I am obnoxius troll, I did not get offended because that is his opinion and he has the right to say it but I want to know why if the moderator is so fair why Shaby was not banned?

Finally I want to mention that I have received a big emotional damage because I was not able to express my opinons, joy, and brilliant comments about San Diego Comic Con coverage.

Thanks for read my appeal

Sincerely,

Guapo! :wink:

Post subject: Re: APPEAL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 pm 
Former King of Posts

Do we really need to re-hash the "free speech" thing again?

Short version:
Moderators here try to keep the peace. We do that to the best of our opinions. Our decisions are final. This website is not an area of free speech. It is a private site. If you do not like the way we run things, create your own site where you can behave as you wish.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:12 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Also when you signed up for these boards you agreed to our terms.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:31 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

JuliusMarx wrote:
Also when you signed up for these boards you agreed to our terms.

What Julius and Superfriend said. Please see the PM I sent you in response to yours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:38 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

bleh as a new member I should keep quit but I've run, maintained, coded and Moderated for various forums over the years. And this Free Speach thing crops up everytime. Yes, you have free speach here but you also fall under the descretion of the Moderators and Administrators... if they deem something harsh or inappropriate then that's it. Sure you can try and make a peaceful appeal but really... couldn't that have been PMed to the Staff?

And further more sometimes... there are comments and opinions best kept to yourself. Our Founding Fathers could even tell you that! Sometimes you should just be quiet and keep it to yourself.

This place is run top notch in the last month or so I've been here. Brillant job! Believe me there's far worse and very bad places out there!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 pm 
BANNED

The American legal systesm is unknown to me but at least in my country and in most of the world there are many rights that are impossible to resing, no matters how many agreements or contracts you sign you will always have those rights, for example I can sign for an agreement to assing my liberty and become a slave in return of one million dollars, that contract is illegal because altough I get the one million usd the State will always guarantee my liberty, the Constituion and Laws are always superior than any kind of contracts or decretion of moderators.

However I am not interested in legal issues I just want to express my nonconformity with the ban and the double moral to judge the other part in this "fight"

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Thank you for understanding the issues, thank you for following the rules and policies of the board.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:52 pm 
Daniel Pickett

"assing my liberty" ?

Oh, Guapo... Don't ever change.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 pm 
MINT!

Guapo, I am new to this forum but I think you are missing the spirit of what this forum is all about. I think it has less to do about free speech and more about kindness, support and encouragement for the hobby of toy collecting. And yes, they are toys to me. Personal attacks on other members is simply unnecessary. Please keep in mind that it isn't what you say that matters but rather what other people hear. And what I heard from you seems rather rude. But I am willing to call it a poor choice of words and leave it at that. This is an awesome site I lets all do our best to keep it that way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 pm 
MINT!

I meant "so lets all do our best to keep it that way." :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Bodad,

Guapo is one of our most . . . unique . . . members. You'll find he has a rather . . . individual . . . way off expressing himself. It's just Guapo being Guapo.

Besides, if push comes to shove, there's always the ignore button. :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am 
MINT!

Shellhead, Guapo, I look forward to more of the same interesting conversations with all of you. Well maybe not quite the same but interesting nonetheless. Strong opinions and feelings make for good entertainment. For example, I want to punch the guys in charge of articulating Marvel Select figures in the stomach. And I shouldn't have to tell them why they should know. :D

Stay awesome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am 
BANNED

JuliusMarx wrote:
"assing my liberty" ?

Oh, Guapo... Don't ever change.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Hey! thanks amazing and mighty Julius Marx! :mrgreen: