Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: This site still doesn't function properly on google chrome
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:15 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Didn't know if you guys knew that.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject: Re: This site still doesn't function properly on google chro
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:55 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

Bunger43 wrote:
Didn't know if you guys knew that.

Actually, it works just fine on Chrome:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/images/peter/chrome/

That's a quick video cap of me browsing through the forum and opening this thread. Towards the end, I also open the homepage to show that that section also works on Chrome.

Are you on a PC? Have you tried doing the ubiquitous "delete cookies" solution?
Here's a guide on how to delete cookies (see first post):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22816

Or are you trying to view the site on a handheld/mobile device? The site isn't optimized for those yet. (But will be soon).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:13 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I'm sorry Vader, I know we've discussed this before and that some of the staff has suggested Firefox, but the problem is still there. Here are some videos of mine that show me clicking on the site. I've even tried doing the things your links suggested and I can't figure out the problem either. Because initially I get the WSOD reminiscent of Matty's order page on sales days. It is only when I highlight the text and hit enter again that the forum pops up. Hopefully with me including videos of it you can work out what is going on with some of us Chrome users.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s238 ... d5301d.mp4

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s238 ... f6c04f.mp4

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s238 ... 0a5df6.mp4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:53 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

Sigh!!!

The_Donster wrote:
I'm sorry Vader, I know we've discussed this before and that some of the staff has suggested Firefox, but the problem is still there.

With Firefox? Have you tried Firefox? And it's not working?

I took a look at your video - the forum loaded, as far as I can see. So it's working. If it takes a reload to make it work, then please hit reload.

Tell me "it doesn't work" if the site never loads at all. Then maybe there's something to fix. Right now, I don't see anything that needs to be fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:52 am 
Master of the Interwebs

If it offers any consolation, the "white screen" is a common problem associated with Chrome:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=c ... gle+Search

Note: just remove the top frame on the next page by clicking the "x".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 am 

No, I haven't tried Firefox and I really don't want to for one forum. Clearly there is an issue with Chrome and AFI. I love this forum, but I can't understand why members have to jump through hoops or change browsers to get it to load properly? Especially since this is the same problem some of us complained about multiple times, in multiple threads. I realize this isn't your day job, but you are the admin. So is there any other way you can help us without providing links or making us feel like we're bugging you? Maybe fill us in on what is making your Chrome browser load(Chrome Options?) the page immediately and our's isn't? Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Just my 2cents...

I am posting this from Chrome...when on the forum page, I immediately went to the white screen, but hit refresh once and the site loaded fine. It also hung up when trying to post this response, but one refresh fixed that as well. I am not seeing any other issues right now...

This is from my PC. I will try the same from my Mac as well later. :wink:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

Don,

Don't take offense in any of what I'm about to say - they are nothing personal.

The_Donster wrote:
No, I haven't tried Firefox and I really don't want to for one forum.

That's is your call. But if you insist on using Chrome, you have to live with it's flaws. I'm not going to jam Firefox down your throat. But aren't you curious why we have been recommending it?

The_Donster wrote:
Clearly there is an issue with Chrome and AFI.

Yes and No. The issue is with Chrome. I have mentioned in my last post, it isn't limited to AFi. Check the link - I put it there so you can see that many Chrome users like yourself are experiencing the problem you described. And they are experiencing it with many other sites.

It isn't an issue with just AFi.

The_Donster wrote:
I love this forum, but I can't understand why members have to jump through hoops or change browsers to get it to load properly? Especially since this is the same problem some of us complained about multiple times, in multiple threads.

There are no hoops that AFi put in place for members to jump through. You chose to use Chrome and the "hoops" are associated with it. We didn't put those there.

And as for the multiple reports, they have all been answered and the answer has been this - the issue is with Chrome. But in spite of that, AFi works on Chrome. I don't know how many times I need to say this before you believe it.

Again, if you insist on using only Chrome - that's fine. AFi works on it, as I've shown, also multiple times.

The_Donster wrote:
I realize this isn't your day job, but you are the admin. So is there any other way you can help us without providing links or making us feel like we're bugging you? Maybe fill us in on what is making your Chrome browser load(Chrome Options?) the page immediately and our's isn't? Thanks for your time.

I'm glad you realize that. But we've been through this, in your words, multiple times. I don't know what new answer you are hoping to squeeze out of me by asking the same questions.

My Chrome browser has no special configuration. It's installed with default options. I rarely use it because I prefer Firefox. I use it (along with Safari and IE) mostly for testing sites I manage - to ensure that they work on all the major browsers. So far, I think I've done OK because none of my paying clients have ever complained about their sites experiencing problems with Chrome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:49 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

The Superfly wrote:
I am posting this from Chrome...when on the forum page, I immediately went to the white screen, but hit refresh once and the site loaded fine. It also hung up when trying to post this response, but one refresh fixed that as well. I am not seeing any other issues right now...

That IS what the reload/refresh button is for :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 pm 

Well, its a mute point now. I installed Firefox yesterday and actually posted in this thread that I had. Not sure where the post went, I guess I forgot to hit enter? Hopefully I won't have any issues with FF. Otherwise I'm going to be riding your ass about a solution, nothing personal :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:57 am 
Crime Against Nature

You mean it's a moot point.

A mute point would mean you'd stop talking about it.

:wink: