Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: avatars?
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:10 pm 
shirtless hugger

how do I select a new avatar? my old one disappeared and every time I find a new image, the site won't let me use it. how do I use something I've saved to my computer as my avatar?

Post subject: Re: avatars?
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:53 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

tanglevine wrote:
how do I select a new avatar? my old one disappeared and every time I find a new image, the site won't let me use it. how do I use something I've saved to my computer as my avatar?

Easiest thing to do: sign-up over at Photobucket and upload the image you want to use for your avatar. Copy the direct link code and paste that into the box for the avatar address and you should be set.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:41 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Jim_Abell wrote:
tanglevine wrote:

Easiest thing to do: sign-up over at Photobucket and upload the image you want to use for your avatar. Copy the direct link code and paste that into the box for the avatar address and you should be set.

Hi,
I've followed this advice and the form says the photobucket link is too long. Please advise.

Want List: DCCIE/DCUC: 1.Liberty Belle (Jessie) 2.Ms. Martian 3.Talia Al Ghul 4.Wonder Girl (Cassie) 5.Commissioner Gordon 6.Scarecrow 7.Flash Rogues (Heat Wave, Trickster, Weather Wizard) 8.General Zod 9.Vandal Savage 10. Speedy and Aqualad(original)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Batzarro wrote:
I've followed this advice and the form says the photobucket link is too long. Please advise.

Without knowing the actual link I can only make a guess at how to solve this... You'll probably need to re-upload the avatar pic to Photobucket but rename it something very short before you do (2 or 3 characters) and upload it to your main folder (or, at the very least, one with a very short name). Hopefully doing this will make the filename short enough once Photobucket has added on all those extra characters.

Since Photobucket started adding on all of the extra characters to the file names I haven't been able to find a way to rename a file once it has been uploaded, does anyone know if it is possible to rename something now?