Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dusty's JLU Figure Checklist... (Inferior To Christophe's)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Okay so maybe not nearly as nice as Christophes but I thought I would share it anyway, Now I did one of these about a year ago, and I just recently tweaked it a little bit, (as you can tell it isn't done, but hopefully I will have it finished within the next couple weeks, possibly after NYCC,)
I will be updating the Villain version as well,
anyways enjoy! :)
(also the picture is really big, so please click on the link so that AFI doesn't get overwhelmed)
http://www.freewebs.com/jlsuperman/sdfsdfdsg.PNG

note: I am not sure where I got all these pics of the figures, so if those of you that these belong to have a problem about me using them please let me know and I will take it down, thanks :)

(Note: All comments posted by user Dusty, are only his opinions and personal views, and were in no way meant to intentionally cause problems or insult anyone. If you feel his comments were offensive or inappropriate, please contact him by PM (Private Message,) Email (Electronic Mail,) or contact the appointed Message Forum Moderator, thank-you.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:53 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

nice work.

Can't wait to see it when it is finished. I like the numbering system as well. I had no idea that we had that many figures so far (not even counting variants!) and you still haven't done the villains yet.

phew!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:25 am 
Knows his stuff

I remember this style awhile back. It would be great if you can finish. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:00 am 
Kool Moe Dee

I like this style more than Christophe's to be honest although there are a couple of things to consider. Try uncluttering the top part of this by using only one logo, I'd suggest the round one on the left. I also wouldn't bother trying to correct the scale on the figures, they are what they are, just go with it. Great work! I'd love to see one with the villains and heroes together btw.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:32 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I think it's pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.

It hurts me that you mock me with the promo pic for Katma that they didn't release...I want that version. :)

What is your rationale for the order they are in? And this isn't a nit pic at you, just an observation, but why does it seem like I'm the only person who likes checklists alphabetical by character? It seems like nobody ever puts them in that order. It's always by series and/or team groupings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:52 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Thanks for the compliments and suggestions guys,

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:54 am 
Prototype

Nice. Looks really great so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:13 pm 
serves the Otter

Okay here is the newest version (I consider it still a prototype, as I am not quite satisfied with it.)
and like last time the picture is really big, so please click on the link so that AFI doesn't get overwhelmed,
http://www.freewebs.com/jlsuperman/JLFCP2009v3.PNG

D.

(Note: All comments posted by user Dusty, are only his opinions and personal views, and were in no way meant to intentionally cause problems or insult anyone. If you feel his comments were offensive or inappropriate, please contact him by PM (Private Message,) Email (Electronic Mail,) or contact the appointed Message Forum Moderator, thank-you.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:16 pm 
serves the Otter

Villain old version: http://www.freewebs.com/jlsuperman/JLVFC1V1.PNG
hopefully sometime soon I can get to re-doing it,
enjoy, :)

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:01 am 
Knows his stuff

Excellent, can't wait for the new Villain version. (also, no Hal for the hero version?) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:15 pm 
serves the Otter

I would have but I thought people might get upset about it,

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:11 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I prefer the checklists to NOT have Hal. If the figure wasn't ever on sale for anyone to purchase, it's not part of the line (IMHO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:26 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Looks good Dusty!