Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: Iceman, Sabertooth, Sunspot, Casey Jones pg
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:24 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

You have an X-men collection don't you? Be it Marvel Legends, Select, 1:12 Collective, or 1/6th scale, I have the base for you! Here's a custom light-up Sentinel hand that can be used to display different action figure scales. It was created from a Rubies Iron man hand wall deco set. The foam was hollowed out and finger holes filled. An LED unit was installed along with removable plug-in wiring with a hidden switch that makes the palm blaster light up! Lots of airbushing and repainting the rock base/modding the hidden switch was the final step before this fallen Sentinel hand was finished. Now your X-men team can stand triumphant no matter their scale!

For more pics of this base head here: Custom Sentinel hand base

Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: Light-up Sentinel hand figure base, pg.36
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 pm 

Fear his robot head fleshy ones, it's Machine Man! Straight from the Nextwave comics series I bring you this custom Aaron Stack created in Marvel Legends form. He was created using the man-thing wave Bullseye's body/hands, Punisher coat and arms, resculpted evil Warlock head, and Aves Studios apoxie sculpt detailing. His weapon pods can be attached to his wrists and are created from lots of fodder tech-weapon parts from various lines. You can also equip Machine Man with his trademark extendo-wrists. The entire figure was airbrushed with shadows, highlights, and sealed with Liquitex archival varnish.

For more pics head to Stack's page here: Machine Man

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's the director of SHIELD but this time he's teamed up with the Punisher for some vigilante justice, it's Nick Fury! The 1993 Punisher Arcade Game featured Nick as the player 2 character and here I created him in Marvel Legends form to scale alongside your Punisher from the retro/vintage card series of ML. Nick Fury uses the same Punisher body, modded Nick Fury head/webgear, and medium body feet. Demo man's belt/leg holster were used and various details sculpted using Aves apoxie sculpt. I originally painted his sweater a mottled brown color to match the game sprite but found the original Japanese game art depicting him in a much better looking orange and went with that, airbrushing the entire figure with shading and highlights. Add a stogie like he smokes through the entire game, even while fighting, and Nick fury was ready to fight alongside the Punisher!

For more pics head to Stack's page here: Nick Fury

Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: Nextwave Machine Man, Nick Fury pg.36
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:10 am 

"Creepy and crawly doesn't begin to describe Antrocious. Hordak locked him away in the deepest darkest dungeon of the Fright Zone but Antrocious still managed to burrow his way out and cause havoc! His destructive claws are matched only by his equally destructive appetite with the insane insectoid warrior munching on everything from other prisoners to Horde Troopers. The best Hordak can hope for is to turn Antrocious loose, point him towards the enemy, then fall back quickly!"

Here's another original character creation for the Masters of the Universe Classics line, the fearsome Antrocious! He was created using a Leech body, Thor Ragnarok Mystery mini chase Miek head, fodder claws from an evil TMNT Donatello arm guards, and Flogg feet. Magnetic back pincers, Darkseid shoulder pads, and manacles were added to complete Antrocious' look.

For more pics of this brawling bug head to his page here: Custom MotUC Antrocious

Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: MotUC Antrocious, pg.36
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 am 

"A brave member of the Fire Marshall Brigade, Man-A-Blaze was always seeking new techniques to extinguish and ultimately control fire. He crafted a special fireproof suit that allowed him to walk unscathed through any inferno. Deciding to test its limits Man-A-Blaze lowered himself into one of Eternia's active volcanoes. While the suit protected him from the heat he disturbed an ancient evil that possessed him. Now Man-A-Blaze must remain in the containment suit as he seeks a way to expel the essence that turns him into a blazing effigy when flame is near!"

Here's an original character creation for the Masters of the Universe Classics line, Man-A-Blaze! Firefighter turned flaming fiend, Man-A-Blaze was created from a ML BAF Arnim Zola torso, MoTUC Icarius arms, Geldor lower legs, Karatti hands, Man-E-Faces head with alt inner head, Sauron waist armor, and Rio-Blast thigh armor. Inside his chest is a motion sensor that pulses when tapped so you can see the flames behind the glass. You can also switch his face from hero to skeletal effigy, to blank if you want an empty firesuit for your Grayskull armor collection.

For more pics head to his page here; Custom Man-A-Blaze

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's everyone's favorite homicidal robot Ultron and he's back for more punishment! Ultron never really goes away, he just upgrades himself and comes back stronger. Here I've created a battle-damaged Ultron using a Civil War Iron Man body, 3-pack Ultron head, old Toybiz Ultron lower arms, Beetle feet, and armor sections from magna-toys. Spikes were added to his back and all sorts of weathering, grime, oil splatter, and blast effects were applied to finish Ultron's look.

For more pictures head to his page here: Custom Battle Damaged Ultron

Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: MotUC Man-A-Blaze, ML damaged Ultron, pg.36
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:57 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Your MOTUC stuff is always amazing (not that your other pieces aren't). Went and checked your page and that shot of the "empty" Man-A-Blaze suit made me wonder what that would look like with flames in the helmet. It also made me wonder what that body would look like with tiny video screens in the chest and helmet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 pm 

Jim_Abell wrote:
Your MOTUC stuff is always amazing (not that your other pieces aren't). Went and checked your page and that shot of the "empty" Man-A-Blaze suit made me wonder what that would look like with flames in the helmet. It also made me wonder what that body would look like with tiny video screens in the chest and helmet.

Oh man, those are great ideas! Like the Tron Legacy video faces inside the helmets right? I need to find more Man-E-Faces heads or castings to do this with.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:40 pm 

Before he became Baron Frostbone he was Virkon, leader of the Northmen clan, a wise and powerful warrior. Then the winter came, an unending cold that froze the very souls of men. In search of refuge the Northmen traveled into the mountain. But the cold found them and threatened to wipe out every man woman and child. Virkon made and deal with the Winter Spirits that if they would spare his clan he would do their bidding for a thousand years. Now transformed into Baron Frostbone, this once proud warrior stalks the frozen Eternian tundra in search of souls to freeze!

Here's another original character creation for your Masters of the Universe Classics collection, the fearsome Baron Frostbone! He was created using an Icer body, Scareglow cast head, Skeleton warriors hands, Calix armor/lower arms/legs, King Chooba loincloth, and a Magic the gathering character's fur cloak. Various icy effects were applied for a fearsome frosted look.

For more icy pics head to his page here: Custom Baron Frostbone figure

Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: MotUC Baron Frostbone, Man-A-Blaze, pg.36
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:09 pm 

"When the magic of Skeletor's Chaos Crystal crossed with Hordak's dimensional portal magic all sorts of rifts began opening across their two worlds and into others far away. One opened on Planet Beast and Ferocious Tiger was the first to investigate this swirling anomaly. Finding himself whisked away to Eternia the valiant beastformer scouted the immediate area and went back through, calling out to the Lion Family for aid. What Ferocious Tiger didn't know is that Beast-Man was watching everything and had plans of his own...to steal Skeletor's Chaos Crystal and rule Planet Beast himself!"

Behold, the Battle Beasts have arrived! Straight from the diminutive toy line of the 80's comes a re-imagined versions of Ferocious Tiger in all his feline glory. Here I've recreated Ferocious Tiger in the Masters of the Universe Classics 7" scale using a Carnivous body, GotG BAF head, Realm of the Claw paws, Dragstor harness, Iron man lower legs, KO Hulkbuster lower arms, and various armor parts along with sculpted detail to complete his look. Terrax's axe became his dual spiked club and I added the missile launcher shoulder as well!

For more pics head to his page here: Battle Beasts Ferocious Tiger

Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: MotUC style BATTLE BEASTS Ferocious Tiger p
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:51 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Battle Beasts as full on 6" action figures?!?!?!? Oh Hell Yeah!

Dude, you just hit the jackpot with that idea! Now we need to find someone who will make you properly scaled thermal stickers to complete the concept.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:06 am 
Mint on Card

Love the battle beast custom, I really liked the original figures when I was a kid.

Jin, can I ask what your method is for swapping out the loin cloth/skirt section on MOTUC figures is? Are they able to be pulled off in one piece if you boil and pop the legs off first, or do you have to cut them at the side to remove them?

Also, I don't suppose you have any links to good cast selling sites that do MOTUC heads, limbs and weapons?

Thanks,

E8B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:47 am 

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

Dude, you just hit the jackpot with that idea! Now we need to find someone who will make you properly scaled thermal stickers to complete the concept.

That would be awesome! I want to try removable stickers until then perhaps? Just haven't found any.

elvis8batman wrote:
Love the battle beast custom, I really liked the original figures when I was a kid.

Jin, can I ask what your method is for swapping out the loin cloth/skirt section on MOTUC figures is? Are they able to be pulled off in one piece if you boil and pop the legs off first, or do you have to cut them at the side to remove them?

Also, I don't suppose you have any links to good cast selling sites that do MOTUC heads, limbs and weapons?

Thanks,

E8B

I just slice them on the right side and then use Loctite's plastic bonding system to get them securely glued back together. Often times I have to mod the waist to get them to fit on another character because of the thickness or design aspect, so pulling them off wouldn't work. Google Plastic Curves castings, they have the best selection of motuc that I know of and great prices.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 am 
Mint on Card

Jin Saotome wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

That would be awesome! I want to try removable stickers until then perhaps? Just haven't found any.

elvis8batman wrote:

Thanks,

E8B

I just slice them on the right side and then use Loctite's plastic bonding system to get them securely glued back together. Often times I have to mod the waist to get them to fit on another character because of the thickness or design aspect, so pulling them off wouldn't work. Google Plastic Curves castings, they have the best selection of motuc that I know of and great prices.

Thanks Jin. I checked out Plastic Curves, they have a lot of what I'm looking for but they emailed me back to say that they don't take PayPal from international customers. (I'll contact them to see how else to send cash through for an order.)

Also, as far as the Battle Beast stickers go, I did a quick google search for heat sensitive stickers and there are loads of firms that make them over here in the UK. Pretty sure there should be loads where you are, chances are you could contact some and just send them a design for them to print out. Doubt it would be too expensive, and you would probably get even more for your customs on ebay if they had that feature too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:47 pm 

Transformers are a line I haven't focused on in years but today I give you a POTP Vehicon to combine with whatever combiner torso you may own. He's basically the Off-road mold but with a new deco, movie Dinobot head, and Hot Shot's weapons so you can have two matching grey arm/leg sections without doubling up on the same character.

For more pics head to his page here: Power of the Primes Vehicon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Titans Return side I created Brawn as a deluxe Headmaster using a Korean Athalon Ambulance character. A Titans Return neck port was modded in place of the original head and various shoulder/back sections filed down so Brawn's retail head fit in there. A gloss metallic green paint job was added, lots of detailing, and Brawn was ready to stand tall with a new body!

For a full set of pics head here: Titans Return Deluxe Brawn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:02 pm 

"Unsatisfied with the current effectiveness of the Fright Zone, Hordak immersed himself in ancient texts searching for a way to rouse even more fear from those who enter it. An ancient ritual from another dimension promised horrors beyond imagination but the pages describing the costs of performing such had been gnawed away by pests over the centuries. Hordak could wait no longer and began, summoning forth a gateway to the Nightmare Dimension! Its powers warped his body inside and out transforming Hordak into a monstrous winged creature. Now with the power to absorb the fears of others and alter himself and matter around him to mimic them, Hordak began to transform the Fright Zone into the Nightmare Realm!"

It's time for an all new original creation and boy this one is a doozy. Introducing Nightmare Hordak, the biggest Masters of the Universe Classics custom character I've made to date! He was created from a Toybiz ML Onslaught BAF body, 200X snake arms Skeletor, Ben 10 alien hands/spider legs, Hordak head, baf ML Annihilus wings, haloween bendy skeleton snake tail, and spawn bone fodder. Different airbrush and gloss effects were used on Hordak and he looks menacing when placed on his flight stand to lord over his minions or attack He-Man like the nightmare he is!

For a full set of terrifying pics head to his page here! Custom Nightmare Hordak figure

Post subject: Re: Jin's Stuff: MotUC Nightmare Hordak, pg.36
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Nightmare is right! :shock: :shock:

That thing is insane and I want to see it go toe to toe with some of the crazier Xenomorph/Aliens that were put out in the old Kenner line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next