Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: YJ related news: (spoiler) someone may be in the DCnU soon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 am 
Collector Inspector

It's a spoiler so you've been warned.

Newsarama posted some preview pages of the Tron, er, Teen Titans annual due out next month.

We see a ponytailed blond named Artemis pointing a spear (or very large arrow) at Red Robin's throat...

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia ... 224&page=2

Post subject: Re: YJ related news: (spoiler) someone may be in the DCnU so
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:16 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

That isn't surprising.

Its too bad the books in that "family" are so awful to look at and read right now though ... :(

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am 
Aspires to be #1

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
That isn't surprising.

Its too bad the books in that "family" are so awful to look at and read right now though ... :(

They are terrible, especially the new characters they've brought in. I read the first 7 issues and they serve no purpose other than to be around or randomly shout something stupid. I went back and starting buying the 2003 Johns run on the Titans instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am 
Collector Inspector

Agreed. It's like a bad Elseworlds where they're forced to wear Tron suits. It's like the powers that be at DC were REALLY hoping everyone owuld fall in love with those energy line thingies in the Green Lantern movie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I like the art in the spoiler. Not thrilled with the energy lines. It reminds me of the 90's when they forced goggles and leather jackets down our throats.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:50 am 
Collector Inspector

BUT this does give me hope that Mattel will find a way to release the YJ 4" Artemis figure. (he says, keeping this tread relevant to Mattel action figures).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:01 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
That isn't surprising.

They are terrible, especially the new characters they've brought in. I read the first 7 issues and they serve no purpose other than to be around or randomly shout something stupid. I went back and starting buying the 2003 Johns run on the Titans instead.

I have a lot of those trades, some of the best books I can remember reading ever.

I love the story where they end up in the future of themselves. It was good.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 am 
Aspires to be #1

Bunger43 wrote:
I have a lot of those trades, some of the best books I can remember reading ever.

Is it still good when Johns jumps off around issue 50? I'm always weary of going past the original writer of a series.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:17 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

Is it still good when Johns jumps off around issue 50? I'm always weary of going past the original writer of a series.

If I recall, I collected the Teen Titans book right up until the end (and was at least reading it online in other places).

It wasn't as good as early on, but I don't recall it getting bad right away either. Some of the stories after Infinite Crisis weren't too bad.

But it's been a while. Some of the later stories with Ravager I didn't enjoy as much.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

The ravager stories I actually liked-- I think it hit a wall when they killed of Kid Devil and brought Beast Boy back into the fold--- and then there was that god awful Solstice story line...

That being said-- shouldnt this thread belong in the comics thread-- or the tenuous- movies/TV thread-if you are trying to relate it to Young Justice-- since nothing about this has anything to do with Mattell whatsoever...

I know, I know-- this is where it gets the most visibility-- but since this forum will be pretty much DOA the rest of the year-- is it about time you guys branch out to where we have these kinds of discussions all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

:lol: Tron! That's awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:34 am 
declined to be a vampire

stewbacca wrote:
The ravager stories I actually liked-- I think it hit a wall when they killed of Kid Devil and brought Beast Boy back into the fold--- and then there was that god awful Solstice story line...

That being said-- shouldnt this thread belong in the comics thread-- or the tenuous- movies/TV thread-if you are trying to relate it to Young Justice-- since nothing about this has anything to do with Mattell whatsoever...

I know, I know-- this is where it gets the most visibility-- but since this forum will be pretty much DOA the rest of the year-- is it about time you guys branch out to where we have these kinds of discussions all the time.

I don't even remember the Solstic stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am 
PVC

[/quote]Is it still good when Johns jumps off around issue 50? I'm always weary of going past the original writer of a series.[/quote]

No, it's not.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 am 
Collector Inspector

Mind you, if Mattel made a Kid Devil action figure, I'd still get him. He'd look cool beside the JLU Blue Devil and my JLU custom Hellboy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Hey if you ever want to make one, I have an extra Blue Devil head. Wouldn't take much sculpting. :D

As far as Artemis in Tron I mean Teen Titans, meh. I hate that book. I really wish they'd found a way to bring Thunder & Lightning into the toy line though.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".