Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Earth 2
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:44 am 
Aspires to be #1

I completely forgot to mention this before....

Spoiler: show
Al Pratt is also introduced in this first episode. He's a commander in the army.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:46 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I really liked this a lot! In my opinion it was a much better premise than Justice League. World's Finest with Huntress and Power Girl was excellent as well! Huntress might be my favorite character in the New 52.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:25 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Frequency wrote:
I really liked this a lot! In my opinion it was a much better premise than Justice League. World's Finest with Huntress and Power Girl was excellent as well! Huntress might be my favorite character in the New 52.

Did you read her 6 issue series?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Yeah I picked it up this weekend. Outstanding!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm 
Fugitive Dust

To me its ok, its a little better than JLA. To me also the books or pages are less, im mean its seams to me they are really draging out these stories than they used to. I wished they just get to the point in 2 or 3 issues like in the old days and go on to the next story instead of this 12 issue drag out crap that can be told in 2 or 3 issues. I Still want my WWII JSA though. Im sure we will never see them again though unless..... The sales goes bad for all the 52 and now we have a Crisis on our Hands and the Monitors have to put everything back like it was in back at the first Crisis and then say there was never a Crisis to begin with and go on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:19 am 
Aspires to be #1

Thanks to the news about Alan Scott, I am officially done with this book now. I really enjoyed that first issue too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:25 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I was afraid of that. What a crock. If they want to do that I don't like it but it's nothing new. But why take one of my favorite heroes and do it? And I guess this means we'll never get to see Jade or Obsidian either. *sigh*

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:09 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, this was clearly done for the "shock value".

Its a sham and a farce and its nothing more than a poorly thought out and poorly executed pr stunt.

A character's sexual orientation (much like a real person's) shouldn't be an issue and it most definitely shouldn't be a selling point for the relaunch of a character.

Oh well.

More money kept in my pocket.

As an aside though, when I first hear this, I was thinking Johnny Thunder (or his Thunderbolt).

I wonder if they chose Alan because they eventually made Todd/Obisidan gay and this is the closest they plan on coming to that character in the new DCU.

And just to play Devil's Advocate here (not that I am in favor of this announcement), this is only DCnU Earth 2's Alan Scott. When they eventually shut down this book and find a way to introduce a proper JSA to the new 52 main earth, we still have the potential to get "our" Alan back.

Or when they clean house and oust the current regime, we'll get a "fresh new take" that harkens back to what made all these character great in the first place and not just flashes in the pan so to speak.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:18 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

We have the potential to get our real DC back if someone could just put a cap in Pandora's ass! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:55 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Thanks to the news about Alan Scott, I am officially done with this book now. I really enjoyed that first issue too.

Amen. It's a shame that a comic book company has to ruin something just for a shock factor to such a minority group.

Doing it just for the sake of doing it? Eh, I won't read anymore of it.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:20 am 
Aspires to be #1

Van Statten wrote:
We have the potential to get our real DC back if someone could just put a cap in Pandora's ass! :lol:

If they hadn't completely ruined Gail Simones Deadshot from Secret Six, he would have done it already.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 am 

Completely agree on the first part of your statement. Shock value and to say "look look look us too!" to Marvel's pending Northstar wedding.

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I wonder if they chose Alan because they eventually made Todd/Obisidan gay and this is the closest they plan on coming to that character in the new DCU.

As far as this goes, Robinson said as much. Quoted from ComicVine:

Quote:
Comic Vine: Why Alan Scott? Was this your choice? Was it an Editorial decision and how and when did the decision come about?

James Robinson: It came about 8 months ago when I was first putting the team together. One of the things that bothered me about the reboot and about the Justice Society being young again was that there were some characters that would no longer exist. One of those characters is Obsidian, Alan Scott's gay son. So from then on I started to think about it and it seemed like a logical leap to make Alan Scott gay. And the idea that the leader of the Justice Society, the most honorable, dynamic and gallant hero on Earth 2 would be a gay man just seemed like a really cool and interesting direction for the character.

So it was my idea, but to be fair Dan DiDio, when he heard about the idea, there wasn't a moment of hesitation on his part. He thought it was a great idea

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 am 
Hat Pooper

Thanks to DC, I will be saving even more money each month!

I prefer to keep the images of the pre-52 DC in my head, not this re-invented crap.

Really annoyed with all of these stupid changes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:09 am 

Disturbing and yet so funny on so many levels lol...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next