Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCAU Comics website
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:22 am 
Master of the Interwebs

Casimir and I have been working on a new website that focuses on Bruce Timm’s DC Animated Universe - DCAU Comics. The site intends to chronicle every issue that ties into the various animated series collectively known as the “Timm-verse.” In addition to brief summaries, each entry will feature commentary about the script and art, identify “new” characters and costumes, and let you know if tracking down an issue is worth your precious time and money.

DCAU Comics officially opened its doors to the public today so please check it out and let us know what you think by leaving a comment.

Post subject: Re: DCAU Comics website
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Pretty cool-- I just don't see where you guys get all this time-- :lol:

I think I have most of those comics as well (just missing the Batman Beyond- Movie issue, and like 6 STAS..)

My first question is-- the books in your opening picture-- are those custom bindings- or did you actually purchase those from somewhere?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 pm 
Damage Control

Custom bound, with dust jackets I made. They are gems of my comics collection now. :)

C.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

stewbacca wrote:
Pretty cool-- I just don't see where you guys get all this time-- :lol:

It actually took Cason and I quite some time. We started talking about this project many months ago. But it was only during the last 3 weeks that we really got the right momentum to actually get everything in place. Work and real life always get in the way of this sort of thing :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:49 am 
Santos L. Halper

Wow, Casmir, you never cease to amaze me. I have several TPB of these old DCAU comics. They're wonderful. But to my knowledge there is no collection with entire runs of the DCAU (I've looked). The TPB collections I have seen only run through certain issues, leaving large gaps. :( Did you go collect the entire runs and then copy them into those hardcover editions?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:32 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

You can take the individual issues and a good binder can convert those issues into a hardbound book.

I've done it myself once or twice but the quality and craftsmanship is still a bit lagging.

For now, I keep practicing by making my own sketchbooks out of recycled paper scraps. Hopefully soon I can try converting comics into hardcovers again.

As for the site....

Awesome work guys. I'm going to be spending lots of time there in the next few weeks I am sure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm 
Damage Control

Thanks guys!

And yes, I bought every issues when it was new on the stands, then had them professionally bound years later.

Now I have some serious reading and writing to do.

C.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:38 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Casimir wrote:
Thanks guys!

And yes, I bought every issues when it was new on the stands, then had them professionally bound years later.

Now I have some serious reading and writing to do.

C.

At some point, you've got to eleborate on the process on how you did that!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:44 am 
Damage Control

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://comics.dcau.org/general/binding-comics/

C.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:11 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Casimir wrote:

Cas - thanks for post this! I started to collected my own runs of the animated universe, inspired by what you did. I plan to create my own bound volumes of the DC animated universe comics.

I just finished collecting the entire run of Adventures of the DC universe and I'm ready to take my first plunge into binding. How was this new company you mentioned you were trying out in Nebraska?

Also, I'm interested in the dust jackets you mentioned you're willing to share. Could you post them up?

Santos L. Halper

Casimir wrote:

Cas - thanks for post this! I started to collected my own runs of the animated universe, inspired by what you did. I plan to create my own bound omnibus of the animated universe comics.

I just finished collecting the entire run of Adventures of the DC universe and I'm ready to take my first plunge into binding. How was this new company you mentioned you were trying out in Nebraska?

Also, I'm interested in the dust jackets you mentioned you're willing to share. Could you post them up?

Santos L. Halper

Casimir wrote:

Cas - thanks for post this! I started to collected my own runs of the animated universe, inspired by what you did. I plan to create my own bound volumes of the DC animated universe comics.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:13 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Casimir wrote:

Cas - thanks for posting this! I started to collect my own runs of the animated universe, inspired by what you did. I plan to create my own bound volumes of the DC animated universe comics. And when I grow up, I want to be just like you. :D

I just finished collecting the entire run of the Adventures of the DC universe and I'm ready to take my first plunge into binding. How was this new company you mentioned you were trying out in Nebraska?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:08 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Although they arent comics

there are a bunch of new Chapter Books that feature all new Animated Series Art-- found them at the comic book store this week.. They are by stonearchbooks

So far their are at least 3 series-- (and looking at their website-- there are a ton more-- and expensive because it looks like they are school library binded.--- holy crap like 100 books more)--

However I found these 3 below they were 4.95 and 5.95 a piece..
Dark Knight
Batman
Man of Steel

Just nice to see new BTAS art at the shop again

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:19 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Just finished binding my first volume of Animated Superman Adventures. Wanted to give a shot out to Casimir - he helped me considerably with elements for the binding! Very gracious of him in the first place to share this idea with us, cause if he hadn't, I would have never tried it. Thanks Cas!