Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Flash Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 am 
declined to be a vampire

Maybe I should've just PM'd JoeG, but anyways.

At the end of flashpoint he gives the current Batman that note from the Flashpoint Batman (thomas wayne)

What all does Flash remember? Does he remember the old DC, the Flashpoint DC, and the DCnU? Is he basically this universe's Psycho Pirate?

Or did his memories fade as time went on and Bruce is now the only one with any kind of notion of the Flashpoint DC because of that note?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject: Re: Flash Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I'm not sure at which point in the New 52 that transpires... it may not have happened yet for them. That segement at the end of Flash Point could very well be in their future.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 am 
declined to be a vampire

Van Statten wrote:
I'm not sure at which point in the New 52 that transpires... it may not have happened yet for them. That segement at the end of Flash Point could very well be in their future.

No, there is an issue of Batman where he's looking at the note.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 am 

Then I call that a huge plot hole that no one in the comics talks about which I imagine will be addressed when this whole thing with Pandora comes to a head this summer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Van Statten wrote:
a huge plot hole that no one in the comics talks about .

I call this the new 52 universe (and it seems to get worse every time I take a peek at an issue)-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 am 

by 2000-2001 DC Post Crisis broke down and was starting to become much like Pre-Crisis but more streamlined by the end with the return of the multiverse it was just like pre-Crisis but with a consistent canon... I suspect the New 52 will become just like that in due time probably sooner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

While he may remember the events of 'Flashpoint', I'm positive that Barry doesn't remember the Pre-DCnU - thinking logically, if you remembered an alternate, previous reality where your wife, your nephew, your kids, your grandson, your friends and family all existed, wouldn't you try to 'fix' it and set things straight?

If he does remember, why would he be content with living in the current horrible DC universe? No Jay, no Wally, lots of useless seams and collars... /rant

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 am 

Then he would remember what happened when he tried to fix it which caused Flash point... Just because he won't doesn't mean he doesn't want to...

It's a good thing they're separate from the Doctor Who Universe... when things like this happen Chronovores and Reapers show up to feed thus sterilizing the wound made in the time stream and appropriate people can then repair it... then again there are no more Time Lords so... meh.. everyone would be floogled anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:01 pm 
declined to be a vampire

The Superfly wrote:
While he may remember the events of 'Flashpoint', I'm positive that Barry doesn't remember the Pre-DCnU - thinking logically, if you remembered an alternate, previous reality where your wife, your nephew, your kids, your grandson, your friends and family all existed, wouldn't you try to 'fix' it and set things straight?

If he does remember, why would he be content with living in the current horrible DC universe? No Jay, no Wally, lots of useless seams and collars... /rant

So he remembers flashpoint (and that it was the wrong reality) but doesn't remember what was before it?

Even though in flashpoint he remembered the old DCU, and the DCnU replaced those memories but he still remembers flashpoint?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Seems like it...but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The old DCnU memories were being quickly replaced in Flashpoint, but Barry seemed to recall the Flashpoint events pretty clearly when talking to Bruce in the DCnU, so who knows? And why would the letter from Thomas even still exist outside of the timestream, if Flashpoint was just a temporary aberration?

Yes, I know it's just comics, but I'll be when/if the whole DCnU disaster goes away. And yes, that's just my jaded opinion, so no thread derailing... :wink:

Here are a couple articles discussing this:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/08/3 ... cs-new-52/

http://www.comicvine.com/news/off-my-mi ... ld/144748/

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 am 

Oh I love temporal mechanics... I just assume since the letter was on Flash's person at the time. Even though he did change his memories didn't because he was at the epicenter of the change. Pandora makes it seem like he's the focal point in that double page spread. He's also already anomaly in the Flash point Universe. The universe had shifted around him.

The same as how the Marvel Universe changed into the Age of Apocalypse around Bishop because he was already temporally displaced. Same as how everyone on the Valiant remembers the year of Saxon because they were at the center of the time engine in the TARDIS.

Science fiction seems to have some generic unwritten time travel/ alternate reality guidelines.

All these things point to one thing however... whatever Pandora did can certainly be undone without scrapping the bottom of the creative barrel. Even this week's Phantom Stranger eludes to something along those lines. They keep discussing What She Has Done and hasn't she done enough...

I'm with Superfly I want it gone!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Van Statten wrote:
I'm with Superfly I want it gone!

Add me to that list-- and you figure DC may want me back-- since they lost about 12 comic books a month out of me- and Im there are many others out there like that--

Of course Marvel if going to do the same thing with their "reboot"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 am 

oh don't get started on the "Marvel New 52 NOW we Copy DC" reboot!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:29 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I've lost a lot of interest in Marvel with all this revamp crap. I haven't bit on a new book yet and I probably won't.

As long as Babs stays Batgirl and Aquaman continues to be as awesome as he's currently portrayed, I could handle having the old universe back.

I do miss the Titans and Secret Six.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:50 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
As long as Babs stays Batgirl .

Ahh the point we will never ever agree on..