Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:00 pm 
Collector Inspector

Anyone else on the board interested in these?

The newest wave coming out in July according to bbts...
Article from toynewsi.com (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=276&itemid=15913) if thats ok to put here.

I've been on a huge Doctor Who kick lately. If the toys were half the price I'd be all over them. I'd love to get the crash set, resurrected Master. Some of the classics. Hastings had the tardis playset with Doctor, Martha, and Jack for $30 for the longest time. I never pulled the trigger though. And when I finally decided yes, it was gone.

But at the same time I wonder about this line. It just seems to be filled with low tier, one off characters that I really don't understand why Character Options would make. Take the new wave - Doctor, Amy, the Daleks, the smiler, and the Angel I understand. But why Bracewell and Hawthorne? Isn't this supposed to be a kids line in the UK as well? I just don't see anyone outside of REALLY HARDCORE collectors wanting these characters. Its like the pyroville priestess from the last wave. It pegwarmed FOREVER!!!!!!
I guess I was also hoping for a River Song or Rory. But according to bbts there is a second wave coming to.

While were talking Who... What figures do yall have?
I have...
Doomsday 3pack Dalek and Doctor (gave away the cyberman, thought he was boring)
Sarah Jane 2pack with child Slitheen
Torchwood Capt Jack.
granted all of these were bought on clearance from hastings or amazon.

DrGreenEvil

Last edited by DrGreenEvil on Thu May 27, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I collect the Classic figures, but only the various Doctors. I have the First, Second, two versions of the Third, the Fourth, two versions of the Fifth, the Sixth, two versions of the Seventh, the Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh. I also have a bunch of Daleks that came included with some of the Doctors and I recently received both versions of the Classic TARDIS.

With characters from the new series being produced, I'm still hoping for a Brigadier and the first two Masters (Delgado and Ainley) since the line wouldn't be complete without 'em!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:52 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I'm a huge fan of the line and have been collecting it for a few years now. I'm excited to finally see stuff from the new series...they have been holding out to long. I agree. A couple of those are "who cares" type of characters....but I will still get them. Character Options is making some of the best figures to date and even there crappy ones are amazing. I've got the Crash set am looking forward to getting Amy and throwing her in the "supposedly maybe to be produced" Tardis Interior Playset that might find it's way onto shelves later in the year.

I too love the classics and was too poor to get the New old school tardis'.

Can't Wait for the 8th doctor figure!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:18 pm 
Hat Pooper

My wife collects them, she's already got the next set pre-ordered so we'll see when it gets here. Right now she's trying to find a friend going to SDCC to get her some of the exclusives. Figures the one year we decide not to go, they have 5 different exclusive figures.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Welcome to the boards, Cephus. :)

If you guys can't find a hook-up for SDCC, you can try and get them off BBTS or another e-tailer. That's the option I'm going with. Even some eBay dealers are setting up pre-orders for these. Online Doctor Who collector stores might stock up on a few of these, but they should move fast once the con is over.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:26 am 
Hat Pooper

Lt. Clutch wrote:
If you guys can't find a hook-up for SDCC, you can try and get them off BBTS or another e-tailer. That's the option I'm going with. Even some eBay dealers are setting up pre-orders for these. Online Doctor Who collector stores might stock up on a few of these, but they should move fast once the con is over.

I know, but we know so many people who are going already, it's hopefully easier to have one of them get it there than trying to hunt it down after the con is over. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will be willing to pick up a couple, it's certainly better than fighting the crowds at SDCC, which is why we're not going anymore, at least until SDCC moves out of San Diego.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm 

I will be there if anybody needs any help with these.

The DW exclusives are always plentiful and they never run at the Con. In fact, the guys at the Underground Toys booth always look bored and only get busy telling lost nerds how to get to the Mattel booth around the corner.

That being said...I am celebrating all of the new DW merchandise with a whole months worth of DW toy observations at my site:

http://colonelrainestoychest.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-many-character-options.html

Keep your eyes peeled...all kinds of new figures will be landing any moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:51 am 

Just to wet our collective Comic-Con DW appetites....

Here is part 2 in my DW Special Monthly report:

http://colonelrainestoychest.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-have-you-got-for-me-this-time.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm 
Wonderdog

I'm a huge Who fan. I have a bunch of old British Dapol figures, including the two-handed Davros and some Daleks. I love the Tenth Doctor's "Flight Control" TARDIS and hope to get either the Eleventh or FIrst Doctor's TARDIS for the Ambulance Service seal. And I am definitely getting one of the WWII "combat" Daleks. I'm not wild about the new rainbow Daleks, but the camo Dalek with the ammo belt is just too cool not to add to my collection! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 pm 

Hope everyone got their Comic-Con exclusives. They are sweet!!!

Did you see the official interior 11th Doctor Tarids Pics?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:09 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Given the level of detail that went into this playset, I fully expect a Classic TARDIS interior to be made for the earlier Doctors. It should turn out to be a much simpler design overall, which should lower production costs in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:05 am 
Daniel Pickett

Gah! A second Tardis playset?!?! The first one is already as big as my coffee table... where am I supposed to put a second one?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Dining room table.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:37 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

LOL! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:12 pm 
serves the Otter

He's an obscure Doctor Who alien and one of the cheapest army builders out there, yet, he's surprisingly one really cool figure. It's time for our review of Hath Peck! Check out the full review of this alien army soldier.

Infinite Hollywood: Hath Peck Review

Thanks for taking a look!