Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hot Toys Superman (Christopher Reeve)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:42 am 
Master of the Interwebs

Teaser pic...

Post subject: Re: Hot Toys Superman (Christopher Reeve)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:48 am 
Santos L. Halper

NO WAY!! Between the Matty 12" Chris Reeve, this Hot Toys one and new JLU, I'm so gonna go broke this Christmas.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:58 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

this is just a dream come true for superman collectors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am 
Daniel Pickett

Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 pm 
Damage Control

Pre-ordered instantly when it comes up. I think I may have to sell my HT Wolverine to buy this, but it will be worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:49 pm 
Santos L. Halper

How much to pre-order?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:10 pm 
Damage Control

Krypton1976 wrote:
How much to pre-order?

Sorry, I shouldn't have abbreviated so weirdly. I 'will' preorder instantly when it comes up. I haven't heard a price point yet. My guess is around $170 or $180. Maybe more expensive if they use a similar body as Wolverine.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:00 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Veil1 wrote:
Sorry, I shouldn't have abbreviated so weirdly. I 'will' preorder instantly when it comes up. I haven't heard a price point yet. My guess is around $170 or $180. Maybe more expensive if they use a similar body as Wolverine.

Yup, definetly going broke this Christmas.

Post subject: Guess I won't bother buying Mattel's 12" Superman this Fall
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:36 pm 
serves the Otter

http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Ho ... 133516.asp

Sorry Matty.

Post subject: Re: Guess I won't bother buying Mattel's 12" Superman this F
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:40 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I'm sure it will be light-years beyond whatever Mattel produces, and the Mattel one is actually great!

Peace,

Chip

Last edited by marillion on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:45 pm 
serves the Otter

Uh... what was the point of your post? The article you linked was posted yesterday. Same day as the one *I* linked. Same news, just on two different websites. It's not like I'm just now discovering news that's been on the net for months. Or do you just enjoy going out of your way to be a sarcastic ass to everyone?

This thread is to discuss the news of this alternative 12" Superman, which will no doubt be much better than Mattel's version if past Hot Toys products are an indication. I'll definitely be buying that one and passing on the inferior Mattel version (which until now I intended to get). I'm just glad we found out in advance and not a month after Mattel's version goes on sale.

I wonder if Hot Toys version will come with a Clark Kent suit/disguise as the teaser photo suggests. They are usually generous in providing a lot of acessories for their 12" figures. I can easily see him coming with a business suit and alternate Clark head with glasses, as well as alternate posed hands and other cool accessories to give us the most for our money. It'll make the Mattel version with just his kryptonite necklace look pretty lackluster by comparison.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:20 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I'd be very surprised if Superman didn't come with his Clark Kent suit and glasses. Like you say Hot Toys is usually very generous with their accessories. All their 12" figures I've seen have been amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:43 pm 
PVC

It doesn't change anything for me, as I am still excited about and will buy the Mattel version of the figure, due to cost. I am a fan of Hot Toys, but their price point is where I draw the line when it comes to collecting figures. As much as I wanted the Dark Knight figures, I just couldn't bring myself to spending that amount of money on a single figure. I'll gladly buy the Mattel version, because even though it is cheaper, from the looks of it, it'll be comparable to some of the higher end 12 inch figures out there. I'm sure that the Hot Toys version will be phenomenal as always, but it's just not in my price range.

That is enough for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:00 pm 
shirtless hugger

shabbyblue wrote:
Uh... what was the point of your post? The article you linked was posted yesterday. Same day as the one *I* linked. Same news, just on two different websites. It's not like I'm just now discovering news that's been on the net for months. Or do you just enjoy going out of your way to be a sarcastic ass to everyone?

This thread is to discuss the news of this alternative 12" Superman, which will no doubt be much better than Mattel's version if past Hot Toys products are an indication. I'll definitely be buying that one and passing on the inferior Mattel version (which until now I intended to get). I'm just glad we found out in advance and not a month after Mattel's version goes on sale.

I wonder if Hot Toys version will come with a Clark Kent suit/disguise as the teaser photo suggests. They are usually generous in providing a lot of acessories for their 12" figures. I can easily see him coming with a business suit and alternate Clark head with glasses, as well as alternate posed hands and other cool accessories to give us the most for our money. It'll make the Mattel version with just his kryptonite necklace look pretty lackluster by comparison.

I think we all now by now that Chip is sarcastic. It’s one of the reasons I enjoy his posts so much.

I also think we all know that Hot Toys product is far better than any comparable product Mattel will ever produce. Hot Toys are also a lot more money than any comparable product Mattel will ever produce as well.

I expect the Mattel version to be good quality and sell very well regardless of the Hot Toys version.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:55 pm 
We're going streaking!

I am torn. The Mattel Superman looks really good, but this is Hot Toys we are talking about! I have only two of their figures -- Batman Begins Batman and Brandon Routh Superman... make that three, because I have the Routh Clark Kent too. And the current Hot Toys is way beyond the quality of those figures.

But, at that price and for my lack of display to properly display such high-end stuff, I decided that was the end of Hot Toys for me... unless it was something I really loved as a property. Lone Ranger. Adam West Batman. Christopher Reeve Superman.

It was not too difficult to skip stuff like Iron Man and Iron Man 2 (I was a big fan of the first IM movie) and TDK (good stuff, but I was more interested in selling my BB Batman than buying more Batman movie figures). I was even able to pass on Jor-El, despite being based off the Reeve Superman movies. But this may prove to be a tough one to say, 'No,' to for me.

As for Mattel's version? I cannot say that I won't get it. In fact, I am still planning on it at this point. Heck, I may get it and say that's good enough for me! Plus I already have a Zod to go with him. But Hot Toys definitely changes things and if they show images of theirs before Mattel releases theirs, that could be a problem.