Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hot Toys Superman (Christopher Reeve)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:29 pm 
Damage Control

So here are the thoughts that have been floating around the web. The Superman DX will come with an extra Clark kent head, and suit amongst other accessories (I for one am hoping for the kryptonite on a chain from the first movie). The one thing I'm kind of worried about is that Supes will come with a body similar to Wolverines because so much of his neck is showing. So getting another truetype for the Clark head won't work because it will look odd when put together. I may be getting a 'touch' ahead of myself...but I can't help but think of these things. I'm sure as heck not going to buy just the body for $100 online just to make a Clark Kent.

Post subject: Re: Guess I won't bother buying Mattel's 12" Superman this F
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:28 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Cajun Batman wrote:
It doesn't change anything for me, as I am still excited about and will buy the Mattel version of the figure, due to cost. I am a fan of Hot Toys, but their price point is where I draw the line when it comes to collecting figures. As much as I wanted the Dark Knight figures, I just couldn't bring myself to spending that amount of money on a single figure. I'll gladly buy the Mattel version, because even though it is cheaper, from the looks of it, it'll be comparable to some of the higher end 12 inch figures out there. I'm sure that the Hot Toys version will be phenomenal as always, but it's just not in my price range.

That is enough for me.

That's my problem. The Hot Toys stuff is amazing but way too much money for me to spend on my collection.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:42 pm 
Damage Control

TwoFace103 wrote:
I'd be very surprised if Superman didn't come with his Clark Kent suit and glasses. Like you say Hot Toys is usually very generous with their accessories. All their 12" figures I've seen have been amazing.

The figure is a deluxe version, so we can probably expect the same setup as the DX Joker. So it will also come with a Clark Kent head and a full outfit to make a clark, minus the body. Although I think this talk should be put in the Hot toys Superman thread in the Foreign Objects forum as it was centered on the Hot toys figure, not the Mattel one. This really shouldn't devolve into a Hot toys vs Mattel. They are two different animals. I personally will be buying the HT version, but I think that the Mattel one is really pretty good for the money.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:19 pm 
Excelsior!

Veil1 wrote:
TwoFace103 wrote:
I'd be very surprised if Superman didn't come with his Clark Kent suit and glasses. Like you say Hot Toys is usually very generous with their accessories. All their 12" figures I've seen have been amazing.

The figure is a deluxe version, so we can probably expect the same setup as the DX Joker. So it will also come with a Clark Kent head and a full outfit to make a clark, minus the body. Although I think this talk should be put in the Hot toys Superman thread in the Foreign Objects forum as it was centered on the Hot toys figure, not the Mattel one. This really shouldn't devolve into a Hot toys vs Mattel. They are two different animals. I personally will be buying the HT version, but I think that the Mattel one is really pretty good for the money.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:49 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

TRDouble wrote:
Veil1 wrote:
Although I think this talk should be put in the Hot toys Superman thread in the Foreign Objects forum as it was centered on the Hot toys figure, not the Mattel one.

Agreed.

MOD- Done.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:52 pm 
Damage Control

Hey Jim, did you mean to put this in the Foreign Objects forum...because the HT tread is now in the Mattel one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:54 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Veil1 wrote:
Hey Jim, did you mean to put this in the Foreign Objects forum...because the HT tread is now in the Mattel one.

Um... no... :? When they were merged they *should* have become one thread in Foreign Objects... Sorry I didn't notice that earlier... Fixing it now, thanks for the heads up, Veil.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I just noticed the HT version will also be 12", same as Mattel's. Yeah, definetly just getting the HT version then & save a litle $$$.

And yeah, I'm a little slow guys, sorry.... :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:15 am 
3 3/4"

Veil1 wrote:
I'm sure as heck not going to buy just the body for $100 online just to make a Clark Kent.

TrueType bodies typically retail for $35 to $40 online, I believe. If Hot Toys provides the extra head and costume ala the DX Joker, they will provide a recommendation for which TrueType body is best. I wouldn't worry. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:59 pm 
Damage Control

UncleMarsellus wrote:
Veil1 wrote:
I'm sure as heck not going to buy just the body for $100 online just to make a Clark Kent.

TrueType bodies typically retail for $35 to $40 online, I believe. If Hot Toys provides the extra head and costume ala the DX Joker, they will provide a recommendation for which TrueType body is best. I wouldn't worry. :wink:

What makes me worry is if HT uses a muscular body like they did on Wolverine. Because Superman has such a gap between the top of his shirt and his neck, a regular Truetype may not work... so they will have to go with the muscular rubber body to make it look right. And a truetype may not look right on Clarks neckline. Obviously I'm jumping the gun on this..as we probably won't see a prototype for a little while. I'm just hoping HT is going to make it easy for us to make a Clark as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:44 am 
3 3/4"

Veil1 wrote:
What makes me worry is if HT uses a muscular body like they did on Wolverine. Because Superman has such a gap between the top of his shirt and his neck, a regular Truetype may not work... so they will have to go with the muscular rubber body to make it look right. And a truetype may not look right on Clarks neckline. Obviously I'm jumping the gun on this..as we probably won't see a prototype for a little while. I'm just hoping HT is going to make it easy for us to make a Clark as well.

I understand. You mean if they use a body with a seamless, realistic neck line rather than a more traditional neck post facsimile and head (or the head and neck sculpt in one, as they often do). It could be likely that they go that route. But I'm still not sure it really matters if it's all covered by shirt and tie. Hot Toys does provide both neck options with their blank bodies, so even if it's just a Clark head (rather than the neck and head sculpt), it'll still fit on one of their standard neck posts.

Of course, the more I think about it... we'd want at least the Superman shirt under there wouldn't we? I know they did that with their first Superman Returns Clark Kent figure. Ahhhhhhh.... I don't want to over-think this right now. I trust Hot Toys. I will buy whatever they do. Their Dark Knight DX figures were PERFECT. Can't wait for the reveal!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 am 
Damage Control

Yeah, I love my Joker DX. It is an awesome figure. Can't wait for pics of Superman.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:45 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

UncleMarsellus wrote:
I understand. You mean if they use a body with a seamless, realistic neck line rather than a more traditional neck post facsimile and head (or the head and neck sculpt in one, as they often do). It could be likely that they go that route. But I'm still not sure it really matters if it's all covered by shirt and tie. Hot Toys does provide both neck options with their blank bodies, so even if it's just a Clark head (rather than the neck and head sculpt), it'll still fit on one of their standard neck posts.

Of course, the more I think about it... we'd want at least the Superman shirt under there wouldn't we? I know they did that with their first Superman Returns Clark Kent figure. Ahhhhhhh.... I don't want to over-think this right now. I trust Hot Toys. I will buy whatever they do. Their Dark Knight DX figures were PERFECT. Can't wait for the reveal!

You guys are brillant. You absolutely have to display supes and clark together. And you've got to make clark parting his shirt with the 'S' underneath! God, I hope HT gives us enough to do that!

BTW - do you guys know of a stand I can use to display this 12" supes flying?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 pm 
Damage Control

Krypton1976 wrote:
You guys are brillant. You absolutely have to display supes and clark together. And you've got to make clark parting his shirt with the 'S' underneath! God, I hope HT gives us enough to do that!

BTW - do you guys know of a stand I can use to display this 12" supes flying?

http://www.toyanxiety.com/ironmantonyst ... stand.aspx

It is for the Mech test Tony stark, but with a couple of modifications (take out the tony stark placard on the front of the base), It could at least make it look like he is hovering.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm 
3 3/4"

I'd hold off on a stand until we see what Hot Toys packs with the figure. It wouldn't shock me if they included a flight stand. How awesome would it be to recreate the fly off from the end of the movie?! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next