Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quakewave Has Arrived
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:19 pm 
MINT!

Picked up Fans Toy's Quakewave aka Shockwave at a Black Friday sale and I have to say I am impressed. I don't have any 3rd party figures, but everything I read and saw claimed he was amazing. QW is a great figure and I really don't see how Has/Tak could improve him. Maybe Has/Tak will buy the mold or bring him stateside, like they did with the G1 incarnation. I was on the fence for a while, but the deal was too good to pass up and I am so glad I caved. My only minor quip is the battery fit issue. Some complain about the shade of purple used, but I think it is perfect.

Post subject: Re: Quakewave Has Arrived
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 pm 
Daniel Pickett

That looks great!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:34 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Hasbro unfortunately can't. If you read my year end toy column, I explain that Hasbro has to date refused to pay the exorbitant amount the license owners want for him. I've heard it's a lot. Hasbro can make a Shockwave toy, but it can't transform in to the gun mode. That said, I LOVE my Quakewave, and I completely agree, Hasbro really couldn't improve upon this design at all! Congrats on your awesome purchase!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:48 am 
MINT!

Captain Collector wrote:
Hasbro unfortunately can't. If you read my year end toy column, I explain that Hasbro has to date refused to pay the exorbitant amount the license owners want for him. I've heard it's a lot. Hasbro can make a Shockwave toy, but it can't transform in to the gun mode. That said, I LOVE my Quakewave, and I completely agree, Hasbro really couldn't improve upon this design at all! Congrats on your awesome purchase!

FYI Cap, it was your "Top 10 Import Toys" article that convinced me to pick up QW. Thanks for the great read.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:06 am 

Fantastic, my pleasure! I was really impressed not only how closely they nailed what I thought he should look like, but at the overall quality for a third party piece. If you notice my pics, I masked off and spray painted inside the "eye socket" flat black, I thought it looked more G1 that way ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 am 
3 3/4"

Captain Collector wrote:

The best bet is for Takara to tackle the character in the Masterpiece line. No such gun restrictions. Though I'm sure there are still legal hurdles to cross on the general design which isn't theirs. It's probably not likely but I never thought I'd see a Masterpiece Wheeljack or Bumblebee either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:01 pm 

Yeah, I'm told the original rights holder isn't budging, this comes from my source within Hasbro. They can make Shockwave, he just can't turn in to the gun. He can make a tank, or a spaceship, or
What have you. Luckily, this bad boy exists! I've heard that they are going to shrink it down to voyager size, without the electronics. There is also a gray version, just like the original Shackwave. :)