Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Medicom's MAFEX line
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:03 pm 
Mint on Card

So the numbering on these things are three digits which, like the Kai Play Arts Dark Knight Trilogy numbering, gave me the impression they were shooting for a pretty expansive line. Obviously, TDKT line had all of 4 figures, and while they are pretty awesome, it's not something I can feel us complete. It seemed like the MAFEX line was going to fall even shorter, but apparently medicom has teased MAFEX figure 003: Catwoman. The Spidey and Batman figures are amazing looking. Anybody actually have them? I saw a pic of mafex bats on the Matty batpod and it looks SICK. Hate that I sold mine. Anyhow, are they in scale with the Matty figs? Just curious. Really hoping this line gets some steam and some more characters. Would love to have MAFEX bane, joker, scarecrow, iron man, Spider-Man, Thor and Wolverine all sitting on the same shelf one day.

Post subject: Re: Medicom's MAFEX line
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:45 am 
3 3/4"

I have MAFEX Batman from Dark Knight Rises and it's a nice figure. Definitely my favorite representation in the scale. It's good quality, looks great, and poseable. It's not perfect as some of the joints pop out easily and the hinged foot joints never lay flat, but it's a good looking figure.

My hope is they make a bat pod and there seems to have been a clue that they are making one with the figure. The EMP gun has a peg to connect to something but not on the figure. It's located perfectly to fit on a bat pod.

As for other figures, while I haven't played with one myself, the Figma figures seem superior. They made a figure from Amazing Spider-Man that looks much better than the MAFEX version. They also had Avengers figures planned though I haven't seen anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:47 pm 
Mint on Card

Cool, thanks! Are the dogmas in the same scale as the mafex figures? I saw a figma Bruce lee. I think batman vs Bruce lee would be the baddest showdown ever. Well, next to bane vs Bruce lee.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:41 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I had no idea what you guys were talking about, so I Googled it.

DAMN!

Those are some fan-freaking-tastic figures!

Too bad the price point and importing will keep me away from them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:12 am 
Mint on Card

Well, according to the home page, there will not only be a catwoman and joker, there will be a batpod as well. I can't imagine the batpod being anywhere close to affordable, but this gives me hope that we'll at least see a bane in this line. Fingers crossed for a scarecrow and ra's as well.

Also, has anyone seen the deluxe Spider-Man set with the big wall diorama? Bad. Ass.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 pm 
Mint on Card

No sdcc news or photos from this line?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:56 pm 
ABS

Just saw this thread. I per-ordered mine back in July 24th via BBTS. Figures are $45 each. Batpod is $72. You need version 2 Batman for Batpod.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:12 pm 
Mint on Card

Why?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:30 pm 
ABS

from what I can understand from the Japanese mag, some part are re-work for the Batpod. I assume v1 can sit on it, just not as good?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:06 am 
Mint on Card

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Well, I will say that, as much as I dig this line, for $45 a figure there's gonna have to be some considerable improvements on batman to get me to buy him again. Sitting on the batpod a little better is not worth $45. Also, I'll probably have Selina on my batpod anyway. Batman and joker will be dukin it out in front of the Mattel Batsignal, perched above the wall that the deluxe Spider-Man is clinging to. That's a lot of scratch all at once to be throwin in a new batman. Does it come with anything new or extra?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:06 am 
Mint on Card

Looks like just an unmasked bale head that is not a terrific likeness. I preordered Selina joker and the batpod. Couldn't shell out the extra $75 for that spider man just yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:59 pm 
Mint on Card

Alright, here's my dilemma: I bought the original batman and while his joints felt pretty loosey, I had him posed how I wanted him. Took it down to finish my shelf project, tried to pose him again and it just completely fell apart. I tried to force the ball sockets back into place and a couple of them broke, so now it's just broken trash. Is this a problem I should expect from this line? At this price point, I expect them to be of the highest quality. Did I just get a used dud of a figure or is this common with these figures? Should I try to contact the company for a replacement? Even though the cloth cape makes it 100x more valuable than the Mattel movie masters version in the same scale with comparable sculpting, I never had any qc issues with any of those figures. Any advice is welcome. I don't want to shell out $200 for the joker, catwoman and the batpod if they're all just gonna be flimsy trash.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:10 pm 
ABS

This figure already released in Hong Kong on March 24th, I just read 22 pages long thread that there is some QC issue with the neck ball joint. People are reporting the neck joint broke off immediately after taking it out of the box. One even mention the neck broke off while taking it out of the packaging. Of course some have no issues.

Paint job for the Bale head is not good at all. And you may get cross-eyes Batman head.

I am thinking about canceling my pre-order. And wait for the second batch to reach market.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:29 pm 
Mint on Card

Thanks for the "heads up". I'm not gettin the new batman. I've got the other 3 on preorder, and depending on how good they are, I might get the new bats down the road.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:10 pm 
ABS

review for the MAFEX Batpod is out with pic online in Asia, just didn't have time here to read those threads yet.

Updated: read some posts this afternoon, mostly good. Few people have missing part upon unboxing. The cannons in front, are not even, one point slightly down, one normal, for example.