Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hey SD!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:04 am 
PVC

Afrer your report on the strong possibility of Mattel aquiring a new deal with Warner for the DCU comic based characters, I have one big question. I don't expect an authoratative awswer, but your informed opinion/educated guess would be great.

How will the license be divided? I have speculated on the DCD boards that Mattel would do generic/iconic versions, generally sticking with the heavy hitters to get the line going. Four to five waves a year and more articulation as you have stated. DCD would do artist, story, and themed waves offering the same number of waves, 12-14 a year. A little more articulation, but not much. More variety satisfying DCD fans, and not stepping on Mattels big feet. Probably no Superman or Batman waves released near a movie debut, or the rollout of a Mattel wave. Does this sound about right, or am I talking out my @$$? Thanks.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Steve:

I think that at this point it would be best not to even speculate. Clearly, Mattel and DC Direct/Warner Brothers have things that need to be worked out and issues that need to be resolved.

Mike
(I just hope that when everything is said and done, it's the fans that come out ahead on this deal.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:06 pm 
PVC

Fair enough, thanks.