Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:51 am 
MINT!

I'll be there everyday. Looking forward to the Mattel exclusives and I promised myself I'd try to hit more panels this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:54 pm 
Factory Worker

i got tickets and room and was so excited to go but at the last minute my wife pulled the plug on this trip.

I'm bummed but i need someone who is willing to help me get some stuff i want. I will pay upfront via paypal and also send you a MIB TRU exclusive Infinite Heroes Gotham Patrol 6 pack for free as as a thank you for all your trouble.

Please PM me so we can discuss the details. I prefer people who have a positive rating on the AFI good trader thread and a Paypal account to make sending you money easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 pm 
Resin

Finally got everything in order! Can't wait for my first SDCC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:49 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Where will all of the AFI people be? Will AFI have a presence at a booth or anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:18 am 
Former King of Posts

No booth. We're too busy covering the con itself. You know we will be at the Mattel panels in some capacity. Julius usually runs a panel or two of his own related to the toy industry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:44 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Well, I'd say that the AFi panels will be the best place for meeting up with fellow AFi'ers.

Quote:
FRIDAY 5:30-6:30 Like WOW! Action Figures Return to the '80s!— The '80s are back in a BIG way in the world of toy's and Action Figures. This year alone has seen the return of Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters, Marvel's Secret Wars, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero's 25th Anniversary, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 25th Anniversary, Transformers, Flash Gordon, and more! What is it about the properties of the '80s that still draw collectors? Panelists includeScott Neitlich (Mattel), Dave Vonner (Hasbro), Jason Lenzi (BifBangPow!), Chuck Terceira(Diamond Select Toys), and The Four Horsemen (The Four Horsemen Studios). Moderated byDaniel "JuliusMarx" Pickett of ActionFigureInsider.com. Room 30AB

Quote:
SATURDAY 6:30-7:30 Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys? Action Figure Licensing— Are retro licenses hotter than new ones? Are video game properties the new cash cow? The comic book direct market, mail order, and the Internet have all changed where and how you can find your favorite toys. Does Wal-Mart control which characters get made? Can a license without a media tie-in make it in today's crowded market? Come ask any burning question you've ever had about the action figure business as some of the top names in the industry sit down together—as they only do once a year at Comic-Con—and talk toys. Panelists include Georg Brewer (DC Direct),Jesse Falcon (Marvel Comics), Randy Falk (NECA), Scott Neitlich (Mattel), and Frank Sopuit(Kotobukiya). Moderated by Daniel "JuliusMarx" Pickett of ActionFigureInsider.com.Room 30AB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:52 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Well, I'd say that the AFi panels will be the best place for meeting up with fellow AFi'ers.

Quote:
FRIDAY 5:30-6:30 Like WOW! Action Figures Return to the '80s!— The '80s are back in a BIG way in the world of toy's and Action Figures. This year alone has seen the return of Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters, Marvel's Secret Wars, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero's 25th Anniversary, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 25th Anniversary, Transformers, Flash Gordon, and more! What is it about the properties of the '80s that still draw collectors? Panelists includeScott Neitlich (Mattel), Dave Vonner (Hasbro), Jason Lenzi (BifBangPow!), Chuck Terceira(Diamond Select Toys), and The Four Horsemen (The Four Horsemen Studios). Moderated byDaniel "JuliusMarx" Pickett of ActionFigureInsider.com. Room 30AB

Quote:
SATURDAY 6:30-7:30 Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys? Action Figure Licensing— Are retro licenses hotter than new ones? Are video game properties the new cash cow? The comic book direct market, mail order, and the Internet have all changed where and how you can find your favorite toys. Does Wal-Mart control which characters get made? Can a license without a media tie-in make it in today's crowded market? Come ask any burning question you've ever had about the action figure business as some of the top names in the industry sit down together—as they only do once a year at Comic-Con—and talk toys. Panelists include Georg Brewer (DC Direct),Jesse Falcon (Marvel Comics), Randy Falk (NECA), Scott Neitlich (Mattel), and Frank Sopuit(Kotobukiya). Moderated by Daniel "JuliusMarx" Pickett of ActionFigureInsider.com.Room 30AB

Thanks for the info. I must have just skipped over it. There is so much info and so much going on it's easy to miss stuff that you'd really enjoy. I've been trying to nail down some stuff I want to do, but I know my ADD will start pulling me around too. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:26 pm 
5" Scale

Did any of you book a hotel through Travel Planners?

If so, you may want to read this http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2009/07/17/travel-planners-database-compromised/#comments and then check your credit card statements.

My credit card company contacted me a few days ago regarding some suspicious charges and I figured out that it had to be either Travel Planners as they were supposed to make a charge to your card on 7/9, not coincidentally the date of the fraudulent charges or else it was Target.

My card got cancelled and they're sending me a new one. Hopefully it'll arrive by next Wednesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:46 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'll be there, but I'm a little bummed at the Mattel Exclusives this year. I hate the Wonder Twins. :(

Still, that's one line I won't have to wait. Ah well, more money for sketches, I guess.

Can't wait for the Iron Man 2 panel. Hope I can get into Hall H.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:52 pm 
An Insider

I'll be in attendance. I lost my job so in order to afford SDCC this year I have elected to become a personal shopper for people who can't make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:04 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I will be there tonight through Sunday.

looking forward to meeting people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:06 am 
Resin

Just got to my hotel. I don't even know what to expect tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you AFiers. Just got my badge and am waiting outside the Exhibit Hall doors. 3 hours to go!