Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Countdown To SDCC 2011!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:11 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

SDCC: X-Men: First Class Announced For Blu-ray

By SuperHeroHype

July 18, 2011

Check out the cover art, plus limited SDCC t-shirts

Following a fantastic fan response earlier this summer, X-Men: First Class is headed to DVD and Blu-ray on September 9th (a special Friday release). CraveOnline scored the exclusive debut of the cover art for the Blu-ray release, which you can check out below alongside two promotional t-shirts that will be available for those preordering the title at Comic-Con.

Available with either a Professor Xavier (James McAvoy) or Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) cover, the set includes a digital copy along with hours of special features, ten X-Men digital comics (including a never-before-seen backstory comic) and a "Cerebro Mutant Tracker", which includes an interactive video database of all mutants featured in the X-Men films.

To promote the release, 20th Century Fox will be distributing "Team Erik" or "Team Charles" t-shirts to the first 1,000 fans to pre-order the Blu-ray or DVD at this week's comic-con.

Image Image

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Four New Cowboys & Aliens Clips

By SuperHeroHype

July 18, 2011

Plus, five new TV spots for the July 29th release

Universal Pictures has released four new film clips and five new TV spots for their upcoming Cowboys & Aliens. Check them out here, courtesy of TheMovieBox.net.

Opening in theaters on July 29, the action thriller takes audiences into the Old West, where a lone cowboy leads an uprising against a terror from beyond our world. Directed by Jon Favreau, Cowboys & Aliens stars Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde, Sam Rockwell, Adam Beach, Paul Dano, Noah Ringer, Keith Carradine, Clancy Brown, Ana de la Reguera and Abigail Spencer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Robot Dystopia Planned with 2084

Source: ComingSoon

July 18, 2011

Alloy Entertainment has announced, via The Hollywood Reporter, that they have plans to develop a science fiction project called 2084, to be based on an upcoming young adult series by Gregg Rosenblum. Howard Gordon and James Wong are attached to bring the story to the big screen.

Set in a futuristic dystopia, the novels (planned as a trilogy) tell the tale of a futuristic society in which humans are subservient to the robots they once created to aide them.

Gordon, who began his Hollywood career in the late 1980's, has worked primarily in television on shows like "Beauty and the Beast," "The X-Files" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." He is best known for, most recently, executive producing "24."

Wong, meanwhile, is also a veteran of "The X-Files," serving as a writer alongside his then-partner Glen Morgan. He and Morgan were responsible for the first and third Final Destination films (both of which he directed). Most recently, Wong directed Dragonball: Evolution and co-executive produced the television series "The Event."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

3 UK Rise of the Planet of the Apes TV Spots & Story Featurette

July 18, 2011

We've received three UK TV spots for Rise of the Planet of the Apes as well as a featurette on the film's story. You can watch all four videos here.

Starring James Franco, Freida Pinto, John Lithgow, Brian Cox, Tom Felton, David Oyelowo and Andy Serkis, the Rupert Wyatt-directed film opens in theaters on August 5.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:29 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Emma Watson to Headline Beauty and the Beast

July 18, 2011

The eternally-busy Guillermo del Toro may have already lined-up another upcoming project. Crazy, Stupid, Love. producer Denise Di Novi told ComingSoon.net at that film's New York junket today that she's developing an adaptation of Beauty and the Beast alongside del Toro and that Emma Watson is lined up to star.

Del Toro's next film, Pacific Rim is about to head into production with a cast that includes Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Charlie Day and Rinko Kikuchi. Watson, meanwhile, is coming off the record-breaking success of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 and can next be seen in My Week With Marilyn later this year and The Perks of Being a Wallflower in 2012.

Details on the Beauty and the Beast project are currently few, but check back for updates as they become available.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:34 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Neil Burger Updates on Uncharted

July 18, 2011

It was announced earlier this month that Limitless director Neil Burger will be taking over as the director of the upcoming video-game-to-film adaption of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Now, CraveOnline has a few details from the upcoming project thanks to an exclusive interview Burger himself.

"Mainly we're beginning from scratch and going back to the videogame," says Burger, who hasn't even looked at former director David O. Russell's plans for the project, "...It's really one of the most cinematic videogames, and one that has really developed characters. So, you know, there's a lot of cool, really intense things that, if they work for the film's story, I want to use them."

The director went on to compare the property to the frenzied action of Universal's The Bourne Identity franchise.

"It's really up to date in its own way," he says, "'The Bourne Identity' isn't your father's Cold War movie and this is a very different kind of treasure hunt movie. It's very real and it has kind of an insane, wild feeling that comes out of the character; Nate being this con man and a bit of a hustler, living by his wits, ballsy and capable of anything."

Burger also admitted that, while he's aware of the online fervor for casting Nathan Fillion in the lead role, the film is far from the casting stage.

"I think he's a good actor," Burger adds, "[But] I think there's a lot of really good actors who don't even look like [Nathan Drake] who could play it. Where we are right now is that we're literally starting from scratch on the screenplay, and I think that once we finish it, then we'll go to actors and see who's available and who's right for the parts. Whenever that happens."

Click here to head to CraveOnline to check out the full interview.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:46 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Django Unchained Adds Kevin Costner

July 18, 2011

Kevin Costner looks to be joining the cast of Quentin Tarantino's next, Django Unchained, Deadline reports.

The writer/director's revenge-driven "Southern" will feature Jamie Foxx as Django, a freed American slave who teams with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to save his wife from Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), an evil plantation owner. Costner's role will be that of Ace Woody, a henchman of Candie's responsible for training the slaves to fight. Samuel L. Jackson is also attached to star.

Costner, who most recently appeared in The Company Men is also set to play Jonathan Kent in the upcoming Superman reboot, Man of Steel, set to open the same month as Django Unchained's Christmas Day, 2012 release.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:52 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Updates on The Jetsons & Zack Snyder's The Illustrated Man

July 18, 2011

Earlier today, ComingSoon.net broke the news of a new Beauty and the Beast project that would bring together Guillermo del Toro and "Harry Potter" star Emma Watson--you can read that here--but during the same interview with producer Denise Di Novi for the upcoming rom-com Crazy, Stupid, Love., we got a couple of updates on two very different adapted projects she already had on her dance card.

One of them was an adaptation of Ray Bradbury's short stories collected as The Illustrated Man, which Zack Snyder had signed on to direct nearly four years ago and which Novi still has hopes will happen.

"I was the only person who was sad when he decided to do Superman," she laughed. "(Zack) reminds me of Tim (Burton*) in a lot in that he's such an auteur, and he just gives 1000% to whatever project he's working on, but that's one of my favorites. I'm a huge Bradbury fan, and (we're just) waiting for him." (*Novi produced many of Burton's early hits including Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns and The Nightmare Before Chrsitmas.)

The other project we were wondering about was the long-in-development live action movie based on the Hanna-Barbera cartoon The Jetsons, which Di Novi gave us an update on:

"I've been developing that for so many years," she told us. "We actually just turned a new draft in of that script last week to the studio, so I'm still trying to make it. I still think it would be a hit movie. (Robert Rodriguez) was attached to it and his version was fantastic, but honestly, it wasn't a mainstream studio version. It was kind of his version of what he would shoot at his studio in Texas. He's got a great set-up down there, and I think part of it is that 'it may be fun to play with all those big toys at the studio' but he has a pretty good system going."

"Part of it is that every couple of years, the genre kind of changes," she continued. "I really credit Jeff Robinov at Warner Bros. with this. In choosing Chris Nolan to do Batman, he really exploded the expectations on adapting all these kinds of titles, the pressure is on to really make them the coolest movies, not the cornball cartoon movies. Every couple years it's changed what they thought the movie should be and I'm hoping now we're hitting it at the right time. I've never given up on that movie."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Dark Tower Falls at Universal

July 18, 2011

It's been somewhat of a rough road for the multi-tiered adaptation of Stephen King's epic The Dark Tower series. First announced last fall as a big-screen trilogy and tie-in television series (to feature the same cast), the property had met with a delay earlier this year. Now, Deadline reports that Universal has dropped out of the project altogether, dealing what could be a critical blow to the saga of Roland Deschain, the Gunslinger.

Ron Howard was attached to the project to direct at least the first part of the series and would have overseen the rest of the massive adaptation. Javier Bardem was said to have landed the role of the Gunslinger with Akiva Goldsman and Mark Verheiden tackling the writing duties.

It is possible that the project could still move forward at another studio with Deadline suggesting that Warner Bros. might be a possible alternative.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

SDCC: Tickets to See 30 Minutes or Less at Comic-Con!

July 18, 2011

Comic-Con is about to start in just a couple short days and besides lots of presentations and stars and other special events, the best part of the show for us is when studios bring their movies to show early. Sony Pictures is bringing Ruben (Zombieland) Fleischer's second movie, the action-comedy 30 Minutes or Less, starring Jesse Eisenberg, Danny McBride, Aziz Ansari, Nick Swardson and Michael Peña, to Comic-Con on Friday for a special preview screening of the movie on Friday, July 22, and ComingSoon.net is giving away 15 free tickets for our readers to check it out!

You can watch a special message from McBride and Swardson and enter the giveaway by clicking here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con 2011: Fanboys vs. Zombies Debuting this Week

Source: TheWrap, ShockTillYouDrop

July 18, 2011

Fanboys. They've contended with autograph lines, showers, the fight to get that "exclusive collectible" and cosplay malfunctions. Now they're fighting the undead in a new comic book from Boom! Studios.

"Fanboys versus Zombies" makes its debut at the San Diego Comic-Con this week. And it's about pretty much what you might have guessed it would be based on that title. Fanboys head to Comic-Con, zombies rise and they have to draw on their nerd wit to survive.

It's a big week for SDCC news and you'll find it here on Shock Till You Drop in our Comic-Con news section!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con 2011: Book Your Trip to Dead Island

Source: Shock Till You Drop

July 18, 2011

Square Enix, Inc. has announced its lineup for San Diego Comic-Con, set to take place this Wednesday through Sunday.

Comic-Con attendees will be able to preview and play the anticipated zombie game Dead Island

Also, check out the panel on Friday July 22, 7:30 pm: Find out what makes DEAD ISLAND's zombies tick as GamePro's science editor, Andrew Groen, joins Dead Island writer Haris Orkin, Harvard psychiatrist and author of The Zombie Autopsies, Dr. Steven C. Schlozman, author of The Zombie Survival Guide Max Brooks, and UC Berkeley's neuroscience expert Brad Voytek to explore the misunderstood monsters in a panel that will be anything but dead simple. Shuffle to Room 8 to pick their brains.

To play the game, swing by booth 3829 of the San Diego Convention Center.

And don't forget, all Comic-Con coverage will be found in THIS SPOT beginning Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Three Names Added to the Massacre 3D Cast

July 18, 2011

If the IMDb is to be believed, you can add three more names to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D.

Keram Malicki-Sánchez (Punisher: War Zone), Paul Rae and Ritchie Montgomery (Nine Dead) are joining Alexandra Daddario, Tania Raymonde, Sue Rock, Scott Eastwood, Bill Moseley and Gunnar Hansen in the film.

John Luessenhop is shooting in Lousiana. Lionsgate will release the sequel to Tobe Hooper's '70s classic on October 5, 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Walking Dead Season 2 Banner

July 18, 2011

A banner for The Walking Dead season 2 is here. Prematurely, I think. I thought for sure this would debut during Comic-Con. Regardless, it's here. What do you think?

If you missed the clip that aired last night click here.

Click below to see it in hi-res.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con 2011: Kirkman, KNB Team for Walking Dead Collectibles

July 18, 2011

"The Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman has announced that his Image Comics imprint Skybound will be partnering with special make-up effects guru and producer Greg Nicotero's KNB EFX Group to release a series of exclusive products based on "The Walking Dead," as well as other Skybound books.

Robert Kirkman and Greg Nicotero have collaborated on other projects, such as the creation of a Super Dinosaur suit, which was unveiled on Free Comic Book Day in Los Angeles during a Kirkman signing.

Nicotero, whose credits include 800 feature films encompassing everything from Day of the Dead to Inglorious Basterds, collaborated with Robert to create 1:1 scale busts that would appeal not only to fans of The Walking Dead but to zombie fans all over.

"I was so jealous when I saw what Greg Nicotero and KNB EFX Group created for AMC's The Walking Dead television show, that I sat down with him to see if he'd be interested in working his magic on The Walking Dead comic book series," said Kirkman. "Luckily he agreed, and now I get to see awesome 3-D representations of the zombies that have appeared in the comic books over the years."

Beginning this Wednesday at Comic-Con, Kirkman will have a convention exclusive zombie sculpt available for sale. Limited to twenty-five pieces, this 1:1 scale silicone-manufactured bust is designed by Greg Nicotero, hand-made at the KNB EFX studios, with real human hair hand-punched into each head. Each bust comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Robert and Greg.

"I have always loved the artwork in the graphic novel so it seemed natural to want to put our spin on some of the characters we’ve seen in past issues. Being a collector myself, my take on something like this is, if I want one in my office, then I know other people would want it too! Who doesn’t want a Walking Dead zombie bust in their office?"

The sculpts will be priced at $500 and available Preview Night, July 20th at the Skybound booth, #2729.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next