Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1054 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Countdown To SDCC 2013!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:53 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

In the beginning The Otter created AFI.

And the internet was without form; and was void. And darkness was on the face of the forums. And the spirit of AFI moved upon SuperFly and Vader.

And then the Otter said "Let there be the countdown to SDCC." And there was the countdown to SDCC.

And Julius Marx saw the countdown to SDCC. And it was good.

What: Comic-Con International: San Diego, the largest comic book and popular arts convention in North America!

Where: San Diego Convention Center 111 W. Harbor Dr. San Diego, CA 92101

When: Thursday, July 18th through Sunday, July 21st, with Preview Night on Wednesday, July 17th.

Why: Why does a man climb a mountain? Why did the chicken cross the road? What's the damn difference? Just go with it.

Click on the thumbnails for bigger pics!

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Mike
(91 Days Until SDCC 2013!)

Post subject: Re: Countdown To SDCC 2013!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

NBC's Heroes Could Come Back

by SuperHeroHype

April 17, 2013

TV Line is reporting that MSN is looking into reviving the NBC series Heroes exclusively for the Xbox platform. Though they're said to be in early talks with NBC about this possibility, they do want it to be a new creation that will feature "new stories and heroes, while mixing in cameos from the original series’ cast."

Created by Tim Kring, Heroes lasted for four seasons on NBC and starred Hayden Panettiere, Milo Ventimiglia, Adrian Pasdar, Leonard Roberts, Ali Larter, Cristine Rose and Zachary Quinto. The series came to an end in 2010 after 77 episodes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Oblivion and Pacific Rim Creators Team Up for Futuristic Cop Drama on AMC

by SuperHeroHype

April 17, 2013

Oblivion creator Joseph Kosinski and Pacific Rim writer Travis Beacham are teaming up for a new series at AMC. Titled "Ballistic City," the show will tell the story of "a former cop thrust into the criminal underworld of a city housed in a generational spaceship destined for an unknown world." The show's inspirations are said to come from Chinatown and Blade Runner.

In development now, the pilot will be written by Beacham with Kosinski signed on to direct. The pair will executive produce the series along with Anonymous Content's Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Michael Sugar.

The series is being eyed as a companion to The Walking Dead should it be picked up. Check back here for more updates on the show as we learn them.

Kosinski's Oblivion opens this Friday, while Pacific Rim opens July 12.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:31 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Cover Art for Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Released

by SuperHeroHype

April 17, 2013

The full cast for Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was released yesterday and now Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has revealed the cover art and bonus features for the film. Read the full press release below:

The world is turned upside down as one of earth’s greatest super heroes – Flash – wakes up devoid of his super powers in the all-new Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox – the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Original Animated Movies. Produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, this all-new, PG-13 rated film arrives July 30, 2013 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP), DVD ($19.98 SRP) and Digital Download. The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack will include UltraViolet™*.
When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for Flash and his family, the event’s temporal ripples prove disastrous, creating a fractured, alternate reality where the Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Amidst a new world being ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman’s Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans, Flash must team with a grittier, more violent Batman and government agent Cyborg to restore the continuity of Flash’s original timeline.

“Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox has all the elements of another great film – dynamic forceful villains, treacherous twists and turns and internal tensions amongst heroes,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Home Video Vice President, Family, Animation and Partner Brands Marketing. “Showcasing a cast that brings together some of today’s popular primetime television actors with many fans’ favorite voices from the original series, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to release this title as the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie.”

Primetime television stars Justin Chambers (Grey’s Anatomy) and Kevin McKidd (Grey’s Anatomy), the voices of Barry Allen/Flash and Thomas Wayne/Batman, respectively, unite with numerous greats of television and film to fashion the famed animated roles. Adding to the celebrity-laden voice cast and providing thrilling additions to the Justice League series are Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale, Friday Night Lights, Chronicle) as Cyborg, C. Thomas Howell (Southland, The Outsiders) as Thawne/Professor Zoom, Nathan Fillion (Castle) as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ron Perlman (Hellboy) as Slade and Deathstroke, Dana Delany (Body of Proof) as Lois Lane, Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as Aquaman, Danny Huston (Magic City) as General Lane, Sam Daly (The Office, The Daly Show) as Superman, and Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Batman.

Screenwriter Jim Krieg delivers an action-packed vision of the legendary comic book miniseries FLASHPOINT, by Geoff Johns & Andy Kubert, adding to the over 13 million DC Universe video units produced to date. Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) is director and James Tucker (Superman: Unbound) is producer.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Blu-ray™ has over three hours of exciting extra content, including:

A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology, theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.
My Favorite Villians! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash’s world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!
A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie:. An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.
From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes
The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:49 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The First Poster for 300: Rise of an Empire

by SuperHeroHype

April 16, 2013

Zack Snyder has debuted the first poster for 300: Rise of an Empire, opening in theaters and IMAX on August 2nd.

Directed by Noam Murro, from a script by Snyder and Kurt Johnstad, the film stars Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green, Lena Headey, Hans Matheson, Rodrigo Santoro, David Wenham, Igal Naor, Callan Mulvey, Jack O'Connell and Andrew Tiernan.

Based on Frank Miller's latest graphic novel "Xerxes" and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster 300, this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield—on the sea—as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. 300: Rise of an Empire pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.

Click the poster for a bigger version!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:56 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

YES! Thank you thank you thank you! :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

jzachery wrote:
YES! Thank you thank you thank you! :D

My pleasure. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Mike
(90 Days Until SDCC 2013!)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

James Gunn Talks Guardians of the Galaxy

by SuperHeroHype

April 18, 2013

Marvel Studios' most risky film to date is the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy and they've kept much of what it will consist of a secret. Luckily, Hey U Guys caught up with the film's director, James Gunn, at the UK premiere for Iron Man 3 and managed to get him to open up about the film. Based on the concept art that has been released for the film, they drew comparisons to Star Wars which Gunn seemed to think was inaccurate.

"I do think we’re very, very different from Star Wars. Some of the concept art that came out is under my tutelage, and some of it is before my tutelage. The concept art that came out is only stuff that was on the big Marvel collected disc set, talking about phase two and it had some stuff from Guardians. Some of the art by Charlie Wen and the guys. The Rocket Racoon that was by itself was an early version of my Rocket that I dealt with Charlie when developing. He doesn’t look so much like that anymore, but there’s a lot of similarities in that he’s more of a grounded, real little creature as opposed to a cartoonish thing."

The most talked about aspect for the film is how Marvel Studios will make a talking mercenary racoon feel natural, and Gunn has been doing his homework.

"I’ve done a lot of studying with real racoons, and we had real racoons come in. We’ve done photography with them, I’ve played with racoons, and fed racoons, and dealt a lot with real racoons to get some of the behaviour down, because it’s really, really important to me that Rocket Racoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine."

The first cast member added to the film's growing roster was "Parks and Recreation's" Chris Pratt. Gunn says that though countless people auditioned, he knew that Pratt was perfect for the role.

"I was very specific that I wanted it to be somebody really extraordinary. I really had Robert Downey Jr. in mind a lot. You had this guy who came in and he inhabited Tony Stark, when you first saw Tony Stark he blew your mind, you couldn’t believe what you were seeing. I knew that I needed somebody to blow my mind like that. We saw a lot of very famous guys for the role, a lot of very well-known people, and very, very good actors. We saw a lot of good performances, but it wasn’t until Chris came in and he read and I was like, ‘oh my God’, this guy has his own, very particular, amazing take on the character that blew my mind, blew me away. Then I thought, this is the first guy I could see sharing the screen with Robert Downey Jr. and giving him a run for his money."

While Gunn already confirmed the movie is different from Star Wars, he indicates that it does feature similarities to The Avengers.

"In some ways yes, but in some ways no. In terms of a lot of stuff we’re very much like The Avengers, where it’s a very big, huge movie. It’s different because it’s cosmic, it’s in outer space, it’s very colourful. We have a whole history of science fiction behind us that we’re dealing with, and borrowing from, and also fighting with to create something unique. But at the same time there’s a lot of stuff it has in common with The Avengers."

Though he gave a coy reply, Gunn seemingly confirmed Zoe Saldana's involvement in the film in the interview - she was reported to be in talks for the role of Gamora a few weeks ago. He also mentions that we will be finding out who will fill the role of Rocket Raccoon in the coming weeks and that cameras will roll on "Guardians" starting in June.

Guardians of the Galaxy is targeting an August 1, 2014 release.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will a Peggy Carter Short Film Premiere at Comic-Con?

by SuperHeroHype

April 19, 2013

Hayley Atwell took on the leading lady role in Captain America: The First Avenger and really won our hearts over as Peggy Carter. Since then it seems fans' love of the character has sparked a return for the actress. Speaking with The Age (Via Bleeding Cool) she says Marvel has cooked up something for fans featuring her.

"There's been an online campaign for Peggy to be featured. People really liked her. So Marvel have made sure that as part of Comicon there will be a little kind of snapshot as to what Peggy's actually really capable of, which was finished here and which was great fun. Hopefully, it will lead to other things."

Atwell doesn't specify what this "snapshot" will be, but our money is on a bridge between Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which Atwell is scheduled to cameo in. Check back here for more updates on this story as they unfold.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:10 am 
Daniel Pickett

Woo hoo! The countdown is back baby!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

After Earth Moves Up to May 31

by SuperHeroHype

April 19, 2013

Columbia Pictures announced today that director M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth has been moved up a week from June 7 to May 31. The other two wide releases scheduled on that date are Now You See Me and The Purge.

The move leaves The Internship as the only wide release for June 7 at the moment.

In the film, a crash landing leaves teenager Kitai Raige (Jaden Smith) and his legendary father Cypher (Will Smith) stranded on Earth, 1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape. With Cypher critically injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to signal for help, facing uncharted terrain, evolved animal species that now rule the planet, and an unstoppable alien creature that escaped during the crash. Father and son must learn to work together and trust one another if they want any chance of returning home.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Cloud Atlas Alum Joins Jupiter Ascending

by SuperHeroHype

April 19, 2013

Yahoo! is reporting that Cloud Atlas actress Bae Doo Na has been cast in a 'small role' for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending. She briefly spoke about her role and the film itself.

“My role in the movie is a very small one,” said the actress. “Compared to Cloud Atlas, I think this new movie will [be] a lot easier and just an enjoyable [sci-fi] movie.”

Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis lead the international cast that also includes Sean Bean , Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, Tuppence Middleton, Doona Bae, James D'Arcy, and Tim Pigott-Smith.

In the film, Jupiter Jones (Kunis) was born under a night sky, with signs predicting that she was destined for great things. Now grown, Jupiter dreams of the stars but wakes up to the cold reality of a job cleaning toilets and an endless run of bad breaks. Only when Caine (Tatum), a genetically engineered ex-military hunter, arrives on Earth to track her down does Jupiter begin to glimpse the fate that has been waiting for her all along - her genetic signature marks her as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance that could alter the balance of the cosmos.

Jupiter Ascending is currently in production and will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Poster for Thor: The Dark World Revealed!

by SuperHeroHype

April 19, 2013

Marvel has revealed the first poster for Thor: The Dark World. Check it out below and stay tuned next week when the first trailer will premiere on April 23.

The sequel takes place in the aftermath of Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, following Thor as he fights to restore order across the cosmos when an ancient race, led by the vengeful Malekith, returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Also starring Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, the film is set for release on November 8, 2013.

Click on the poster for a bigger version!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1054 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71  Next