Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>Question 4: Who is your favorite superhero? Mine is Captain Marvel because he is a boy like me!<<

Y'know ... sometimes we adults forget who these toys are really for.

Mike
(RaiderXWW, you have my word of honor that every single one of your son's questions will be asked. That is a promise.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:34 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

SDcomics wrote:

It's weird, with the exception of lines that are made specifically for the adult market (I'll include Star Wars and Marvel Legends with those), I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out what kid is going to want some of the toys that end up in the market... I know a lot of research and work went into them, but so many of them just seem to lack the "fun factor" anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:13 am 
ABS

He loves the JLU line, its his favorite toys, Flash and Superman go everywhere with him. I travel alot for work, and one of the things I do to pass the time is read comic books, the trades are a wonderful thing to throw in a bag and read on a trip. Anyway, he really got into the JLU and Superman because of ol dads comics. The wife fully believes he first starting looking at them and reading them so that he could be like me, but it has taken on a life of its own, and for him to have these toys, well it is just amazing. I know how everyone is impressed with the range of people they have made, but to me it is amazing because my son has all these little subsets. If he doesn't want to play with the Justice League, he can play with the GLC, Superman can fight Braniac, Orion can battle Darksieds newest monster, The JSA can go at it with
a horde of bad guys. It really is endless.

And Mike, thank you. I had originally planned on taking him to Wizard World Chicago to take him to see the fam, get a Grundy and take him to his first cion away from home, but work canceled my vacation, then we all scrambled to try and make SDCC, rearranging things, it looked like I could do it, bought a plan ticket, booked a hotel room, my son got his questions ready for the Mattel panel and boom work stepped in again. It would be easy to get mad at my boss, if he wasn't my grandfather, and didn't legit need me to keep things going. With you asking the questions for him, and me hopefully getting him a Grundy offline somewhere, well I think it will take alot of the disappointment out. So thanks again.

Christopher

Last edited by RaiderXWW on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:20 am 
ABS

Jim_Abell wrote:
SDcomics wrote:

It's weird, with the exception of lines that are made specifically for the adult market (I'll include Star Wars and Marvel Legends with those), I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out what kid is going to want some of the toys that end up in the market... I know a lot of research and work went into them, but so many of them just seem to lack the "fun factor" anymore...

What amazes me is some of the guys and gals he wants. He wants Green Guardsman, who was on two shows, but its like his main want. And some villins from the show that he remebers, well its crazy. You would think that kids would want the up front people, but he doesn't always. He wants people who "look cool". And its not because of the comics either, he never reads Hal Jordan Green Lantern, he has no idea who Evil Star is except from the show, and he really wants him, he thinks he looks neat. Its just really amazing to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:25 am 
Mattel
There has been and will be plenty of exclusives(Target and TRU, in particular) for the JLU and The Batman line. Is there any possibility of these being available for international fans?
What are some news that international fans can look forward to?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:34 pm 
MINT!

Mattel:

Any chance we will see the 14 inch rotocasts

What happened to Two Face, cancelled, still no showing

Will Darkseid and Mongul be considered a deluxe figure and below are the actual heights,

DC Comics Encyclopedia:
Darkseid- 8ft 9 in, so translates to 8.9 in
Mongul-7ft 9in=7.9 in
Parasite-variable-make as big as your recent Bizarro and you got a winner
Doomsday-7 ft=7in, see Mattel, your Doomsday should have, could have been taller,

Remember Steel is taller than Superman-6 ft 3 in=6.3 in, Steel-6ft 7 in=6.7 in

When can we see a Riddler

and seems to be a trend, DCD has done or will be coming out soon this year with every figure that you have showcased here and at Toyfare coincidence, see I think you are not allowed to do a single figure without DCD approval and the figures you can produce either DCD has already done in some form or fashion or is being done this year

DCD-

When will you and DC Comics allow Mattel the full DC Universe license, afraid of some competition