Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:53 pm 
MINT!

Hasbro:
Will we continue to the Marvel Legends Showdown line expand?

Why the change from all black stand to various colored ones. ie: Colossus=yellow/Mr. Fantastic=blue

Why not put peg hole sin the backs of all the figures. I know that new Riders wave had non but what if you wanted to reuse parts on a sinlge carded figure..would the peg hole be added then?

Mattel or DC Direct:

Any chance of getting a line of DC figures in a similiar manner(size/articulation/etc) to the Marvel Legends Showdown figures. Perhaps using classic verions of heroes & villains.

Mattel:

Any chance to revisit characters that have been said previously to be off limits like Captain Atom & Question.

What about using character that never appeared in the Show but did appear in the comic like Firestorm & Blue Beetle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:09 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

For Mattel:
1. Any chances of seeing further "larger" figures, similar possibly in size to Doomsday and Grundy, specifically Kalibak, Mongul or Clayface?
2. What about classic JLA villians such as Felix Faust, Eclipso, etc...
3. What about a Mattel Collectors Club that charged it's members a premium to purchase hard to market figures (like the problems of getting Grundy out)? That way whiny fan boys, such as ourselves would finally be closer to being happy!
4. What about those Manhunter's (you know the androids who tried to destroy the Guardians and the GL Corps)?
5. Can Boy Wonder sell Grundy directly to the people on A.F.I., since we're his biggest and best fans?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:52 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Jeff Cope wrote:
Zizzle's not (according to the SDCC website) exhibiting at the Con (I was hoping they would, too. Would've been awesome exposure for a new figure maker)...but I can answer a couple questions for you.

Rigetti is slated for Series 3 (Sept/Oct, prob. to tie in to the DVD release)
Jack the monkey would be awfully hard to pull off at that scale.
Zizzle isn't commenting on figures for the third movie (to answer your Keith Richards question)
They do have the license to "Curse of the Black Pearl", but when asked they only give a vague "we're working on it" reply. Given how the figures seem to be selling, I think we'll see them at some point, but that's just speculation on my part.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Thanks for the info, Jeff!

I agree that it would have been great publicity for them, but...

As for the monkey, I really meant more as an accessory like the ones in the vintage Indiana Jones line...

Any word on who else is in series 3?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:35 pm 
Infinite Hero

Jim_Abell wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive, matey...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpB ... php?t=2441

(note, this is a product list from Toy Fair time and things could have changed but Series 1 & 2 are accurate so I assume Series 3 is as well...)

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:15 pm 
Damage Control

Mattel:

- Continuation of the JLU license will last how long??? Any chance on expansion to include the comic as well as the show???

- More GL Corp JLU???

- Possibility of Ultimen from JLU??? (or does this still infringe upon the HB license for the original characters the Ulitmen are based upon??)

DCDirect:

- Alex Ross Justice figures seem to be doing very well. How many more waves from the series can we expect???

- Since Ross' stuff is in such demand, is there any chance of expanding Justice/Alex Ross into a full fledged ongoing line and include anyone in the DCU???

- Redos of any Ross figures? ie: Batman in blue/gray; Brainiac w/o labcoat; Flash with new/straight legs; using the GL body with new heads for a Ross GL Corp. Seems a waste of a good basic GL humaniod body to not reuse it as much as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:03 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Actual serious question for DCDirect:

Any more New Frontier figures?

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:01 pm 
Resin

Hasbro
Now that you’re doing more EU figures, will you be doing the Solo twins? Preferably NJO versions based on the Japanese art (that’s used on the Official Site’s EU menu)

Since the 2-pack Quinlan will be (according to rumor) a Jedi version based on “Twilight”, is there any chance of a 2nd “Clone Wars” version either in a 2-pack or single carded?

There’s rumor of a Jedi Luke in the 2007 assortments, will this be a repack/retool, or will it be a new super-articulated figure given the high demand for one? If it is new will it be Tatooine costume or Death Star II costume?

Will we get a new super-articulated Qui-Gon Jinn next year? It’s been a while since he had a figure and he deserves SA treatment

Will we get any new Padmé’s in 2007? If so which costume/costumes?

Will we get a new Mace Windu next year?

ToyFare mentioned a new Mara Jade, will she be in her black outfit, or in a dress? Also will she be based on the actress likeness since we’ve had a “live” Mara since the original figure came out?

Mattel
What’s the release date for the 2-Packs?

Which Batgirl will be in the 2-Packs? Will both be single carded or are you now planning one Batgirl in a 2-Pack and one in a normal wave of figures?

Will the figures in the 2-Packs be straight repacks or will they be variants?

What are the Superman and Supergirl variants like?

Are chase figures continuing with Series 3+, or have they been abandoned? If they are continuing what are the Chase figures in the upcoming waves?

Now that the new Batman is in wave 3 (instead of “Battle Damaged Batman”) who is going to replace him in the first 2007 Batman wave (wave 6?)?

Can you tell us anything about who’s planned for 2007?

Any chance of a collector’s edition of Superman (Returns) like you did for Batman (Begins)?

Since you’re limited to Batman/Superman characters for now and can’t do story specific variants, what are the chances of slipping a few movie versions of characters into the line? An articulated 4H 6” Batman Begins figure would be amazing, plus it would be nice to get articulated and movie accurate versions of the villains (from both BB and SR).

Do the "One Year Later" costume changes count as story specific costumes or are they counted as running changes? If it's the later, does that mean you can make figures of them?

NECA
Can you confirm the line up for DMC Series 3? Cannibal Jack (eyes open), Norrington, and who are the remaining 2 figures?

Are there any plans for a completely new Jack Sparrow sculpt? The one you have is great, but I’m finding it harder and harder to justify buying essentially the same figure over and over just to complete a diorama! I realise the DMC Series 2 Jack might answer this question, but if it doesn’t then I think it’s a good one to ask.

Will there be a DMC Series 4 early next year before the AWE figures start? If so who will be in it?

UPDATE: Any chance of a Jack Sparrow Vs. The Kraken boxset/diorama based on the DMC finale?

Once the trilogy is done is there any chance you could go back and make secondary characters from all 3 movies? Commodore Norrington, Mr. Gibbs, Anamaria, Tia Dalma, Murtogg and Mullroy all spring to mind.

What does your Highlander license cover? Just the 1st movie, just the movies, movies and TV series? Is there any chance of maybe a Duncan MacLeod Vs. The Guardian from the upcoming “Highlander: The Source” movie? Or Modern Day Connor Vs. Modern Day Kurgan?

DC Direct
Any chance of Infinite Crisis Series 2+? The Big 3, their sidekicks, the society and loads of small heroes all deserve to be made

Any chance of 52 figures? The 6 leads, Batwoman, Supernova, etc. all would make great figures

Any chance of Kubert Batman and Superman waves? Maybe do them as the start of a “one series a year” line like Green Lantern? Their style is good, but also generic enough to fit with non-artist specific figures.

Could we get a Dodson Wonder Woman wave? After all, 2007 is her movie year!

Any chance of a “One Year Later” wave to cover the new characters and revamped old chaacters? I’d love a new Aquaman!

UPDATE: Will you do females in the 13" collector figues? Wonder Woman would be a natural now you've done Superman and Batman.

Sideshow
Any chance for more Highlander figures? Origins Kurgan, and any TV series lead characters?

Any chance you would pursue the Pirates of the Caribbean license? You could do a fantastic job with it!

How often will we see EU Star Wars figures in the line? 1 a year after Artic Padmé? Maybe 2? I’d love to see Quinlan Vos, Mara Jade, and the Solo Twins.

UPDATE: Updated the NECA and DCD Questions 18/7/06

Last edited by ChrisLyne on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:58 am 
shirtless hugger

DC Direct
-Will the 13" Captain Marvel's boots be changed to match the gold trim on the rest of the figure?
-Why is NECA producing a figure based on V for Vendetta and not DCD?
-Does the V for Vendetta merchandise mean DC/WB will have a continuing relationship with NECA, and does this make a Constantine movie figure possible?

Hasbro
-Will Hasbro import the Takara Masterpiece Starscream? If so, when?
-Will any non-GIJoe characters be made into Sigma Six style 8" figures?
-Any chance of a GI Joe or Transformers version of the 7" Star Wars Unleashed line?
-Does Hasbro have the clothed 12" figure rights to Marvel figures, and if so will it consider sublicensing this scale to Sideshow as it has with Star Wars? The legal language might be off, but they ought to know what I mean.
-Will Hasbro consider revisiting past Marvel movies in Marvel Legends, as it has with X3 Beast?
-With the Titanium line encompassing a number of licenses outside of the traditional Hasbro-related ones(transformers, star wars), will Hasbro pursue licenses such as Aliens and Predator for this line? The market for a 6" Titanium Dropship from Aliens would be significant.
-Why is GI Joe not yet part of the Titanium line?
-Would Hasbro consider licensing the rights to 12" clothed GI Joe figures to another company since at the current time they are not manufacturing figures in this scale?
-Would Hasbro consider lending the molds for their 1/6 scale vehicles and creatures to Sideshow or a third party to make accessories for Sideshow's 1/6 figures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:37 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Jeff Cope wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive, matey...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpB ... php?t=2441

(note, this is a product list from Toy Fair time and things could have changed but Series 1 & 2 are accurate so I assume Series 3 is as well...)

Jeff

Thanks again, Jeff!... Hmmm... I wonder if Jack the monkey will be included with a certain pirate captain from wave 3?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:35 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Hasrbo: Marvel Legends: New Scarle Witch? Invisible Girl in costume to match Mr.Fantastic?

Mattel: The Batman: New Robin? Batman in season 3 costume?
Ship more Batgirls? (they are very hard to find)

Mattel: JLU: Mr.Terrific, Hawkman, Mr.Mirical, Barda?
JLU 10 inch: Atom Smasher? Ship more Hawkgirls PLEASE!?

Mattel: DC SuperHeroes: Steel, Superboy (Conner Kent), Supergirl (Linda Danvers first costume), Huntress (Lee costume), MA Superman, MA Supergirl, MA Robin, MA Batwoman. Robin(Dick Grayson -70's teen wonder)?

DC Direct: JSA: Stargirl, Dr.Fate, Atom Smasher, Sand, Jakem Thunder?

DC Direct: Infinite Crisis: Troia, reissue Teen Titans Superboy, Hawkman?

DC Direct: Neal Adams: Batman, Robin, Superman?

DC Direct: COIE: E2 Star Spangled Kid, Geoforce, Black Lightning

THANK YOU SDCOMICS!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JULIUS!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:11 pm 
MINT!

Just 3 questions for me

Dr fate Helmet when from DCD?

When for more JSA figures from DCD?

Will there be more Clash of the Titans from Gentle Giant?

Thanks Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:45 pm 
Collector Inspector

Mattel :

Any word on if the Blue Batbot is coming to american stores ?

Does the license to the 66 Batmobile only cover Hot Wheels products, or can you make 66 batmobile for THE BATMAN action figure line ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:21 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Mattel:
Manhunter Robot, Mongul, and Cheetah will they be released?
thanks again Mr. SDcomics, :)

Last edited by Dusty on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:49 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

JSAvsINFINITY wrote:
Dr fate Helmet when from DCD? When for more JSA figures from DCD?

Great questions! Here's mine for DCD!

My annual “what are the chances” question - the Metal Men, Animal Man, Black Lightning, Doom Patrol, Silver Age JLA villains, Flash Rogues or JLI figures?

What about some wacky Silver Age World’s Finest characters - Nightman, Mysteryman, Powerman, Anti-Superman or Anti-Batman?

Anything in the works for the recent DC books – Secret Six, Shadowpact, Seven Soldiers?

Any scraps of hope for Watchmen?

Is there any real effort being put into the whole scale issue between characters and lines? Or is everything moving to the larger scale?

Thanks Mike & JM! :D

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:22 pm 
ABS

My son tyoed up a question deal for you guys, I hope you don't mind. It is for Mattel and the JLU series:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mattel,

Thank you for making toys of the Justice League. They are alot of fun. I have a few questions:

Question 1: Will you ever make a Green Guardsman? I like the old Green Lantern and he looks alot like him.

Question 2: I really like the JSA. Will I ever be able to buy a Captain Marvel, Hawkman, Hourman or Dr. Midnight.

Question 3: Mr. Miracle looks really cool, will you make him

Question 4: Who is your favorite superhero? Mine is Captain Marvel because he is a boy like me!

Thank you for answering my questions. Have a good day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys! If you can get any of these answers you will make his day