Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MOTU Stactions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:01 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

So MOTU fans, what did you guys think of the new stactions? The Rio Blast and exclusive Randor look great, but it kills me to see all these great sculpts knowing we could have gotten real figures...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:43 am 
5" Scale

I love these things and I would take these over any Mattel figure, b/c the figures would not have the details that the mini statues do, now if NECA was making the toys, it would be detailed and also be a figure, but i couldnt be happier with what they showed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:58 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Oh, they looks so good. I've kept up to this point but have recently decided to . . . quit . . . the . . . line. Ugg.

They're just a bit too pricey for me. Its a bad hit when wave comes out. 60 bucks for 3.

They're beautiful and I hate that I'm not completing my collection. If these were articulated action figures, I'd bite the bullet, for sure.

Dang, I got depressed writing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:58 am 
5" Scale

I'm pretty happy. The new characters (Rio Blast, Sssqueeze and Screeech) all look fantastic, and I can't wait to get them.

It's cool that the 4H are making the Evil-Lyn and King Randor stactions available as non-con exclusives, with some notable differences on both to make them worthwhile.

The Kobra Khan staction puzzles me...while some folks didn't like the figure, I personally don't feel there's much need for him, but at least he's a retailer exclusive and not an actual member of Wave 5.

Now I'm just hoping to see Moss Man, Spikor and Jitsu stactions in the next wave...and I have to get around to ebaying the Wave 3 Microbusts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:09 am 
Knows his stuff

fball13z - I completely agree with you and prefer the stactions over Mattel's figures any day. I liked everything shown at SDCC and hope that all of the figures get redone eventually, which is why I welcome Kobra Khan. I have a feeling my Mattel figures will be in a plastic bin in my closet soon.

Cantina-Dan - The price seems higher for the average action figure collector (though I'm not sure if that's all you collect), but when I spend $50 on Gentle Giant mini busts and most other mini statues on the market are upwards of $50, $20 seems like a steal to me. And they have only been 2 waves per year, so it's even less of a financial committment from my perspective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:26 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Zodach wrote:
Cantina-Dan - The price seems higher for the average action figure collector (though I'm not sure if that's all you collect), but when I spend $50 on Gentle Giant mini busts and most other mini statues on the market are upwards of $50, $20 seems like a steal to me. And they have only been 2 waves per year, so it's even less of a financial committment from my perspective.

You're totally right. Since I don't collect busts and statues I'm pretty immune to those higher price tags. I think what is hardest is I actually feel guilty not supporting the 4H! They go above and beyond in behalf of us fans. Anyway, I suspect that if I'm having a good budget month when a wave hits, I'll cave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:35 am 
Im with you on this fly, id rather have the action figs as well. Oh and hi everybody, new to the boards. Fly invited me over along time ago but it took me awhile to finally show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:12 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Heeey it my old buddy Card! :D :D :D He's a great guy and a huge Joe fan like me, so treat him nice! Welcome, brother!! :D

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews