Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Man of Steel 3.75 inch
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:24 pm 
active in the community

Didn't see a thread for this toyline so I made one.

Anyways I was at Wal-Mart today and some they put out some toys for the upcoming Man of Steel film so I picked up two from the 3.75 inch line, I got the split cycle Supes and the tread attack Supes for around 7 bucks which I didn't think was too bad since you get a descent accessory. The sculpt on these figures is pretty dang good as is the paint imo. They do lack articulation but they do have ball jointed shoulders and elbow joints which is good enough for me. Does anybody else plan on getting some of these?

Post subject: Re: Man of Steel 3.75 inch
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:55 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Captain Morgan wrote:
Didn't see a thread for this toyline so I made one.

Anyways I was at Wal-Mart today and some they put out some toys for the upcoming Man of Steel film so I picked up two from the 3.75 inch line, I got the split cycle Supes and the tread attack Supes for around 7 bucks which I didn't think was too bad since you get a descent accessory. The sculpt on these figures is pretty dang good as is the paint imo. They do lack articulation but they do have ball jointed shoulders and elbow joints which is good enough for me. Does anybody else plan on getting some of these?

I saw these tonight with the movie masters figures. Some looked okay, some didn't. I'll probably pick up the main looking Superman and Zod figures. But I won't buy all the variants. Of course those will be for my kid and I'll probably get the movie masters figures. I really like those, probably keep those as I get rid of my DCUC collection.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:57 pm 
Displays Backwards

These figures made me sad, just like the Iron Man 3 stuff. I like the little figures, not the big ones. But not when they have crummy articulation and are cheap.

I guess it's about price point. I've seen people say they won't pay this much or that much for a figure - then they get cheaper figures like this. Seems like we will never again have decently priced, well done 3.75 figures. And that sucks.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I had picked up Split Cycle Supes, Tread Attack Supes & Shadow Assault Zod. I don't think they are bad for what they are. The only other POA I wish they had were knees. I think the legs have a wide enough bas that hinged or ball jointed hips aren't needed.

Movie Masters Zod -

3.75" line -
Split Cycle Superman -

Shadow Assault Zod -

Tread Attack Superman -

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:40 am 
declined to be a vampire

Holy 5 O'Clock Shadow Batman! (Zod).

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

There are dollar store carded type singles out as well (similiar to the Batman movie ones)-- and I believe they are sculpted even worse.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:17 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I wonder if those dollar-store type figures are a result more of the production process and plastics versus the actual sculpts? They probably use cheaper plastic which can't show all the details from the original sculpt or the plastic shrinks somewhat from the mold to account for the lower price points. Or are they rejects which won't make it to the big box lines but are acceptable to the dollar stores? Hmm…

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 am 
Cold-cast

the strange thing is your photos look decent. The ones i saw all have superman with a really goofy looking head sculpt. Zod's eyes are just 2 black dots. The rest of the body pretty decent. I wonder has anyone been able to swap heads with IH figures i.e put an ih head on it or maybe the bruce wayne head from the target tdkr 5 pack? Also wondering why these are $2 more then last years tdkr figs and look worse.

The other thing i might have noticed and perhaps i need glasses, does the head sculpt look like the head sculpt from the young justice superman?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:55 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Zim wrote:
the strange thing is your photos look decent. The ones i saw all have superman with a really goofy looking head sculpt. Zod's eyes are just 2 black dots. The rest of the body pretty decent. I wonder has anyone been able to swap heads with IH figures i.e put an ih head on it or maybe the bruce wayne head from the target tdkr 5 pack? Also wondering why these are $2 more then last years tdkr figs and look worse.

The other thing i might have noticed and perhaps i need glasses, does the head sculpt look like the head sculpt from the young justice superman?

Zim, there are 2 types of basic 3.75" Superman figures, the basic ones retail for about $5 while the ones with accessories are going for $7. The accessories are much larger than what the TDKR 3.75" figures came with, so they are more expensive.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:02 pm 
Cold-cast

joeace wrote:
Zim wrote:

Zim, there are 2 types of basic 3.75" Superman figures, the basic ones retail for about $5 while the ones with accessories are going for $7. The accessories are much larger than what the TDKR 3.75" figures came with, so they are more expensive.

Now i get it, its the accesories. I have not sesn the other ones without accesories, whee are they sold. Anyone have pics?

I don't think the ih heads would fit but i was looking at the bruce wayne head from the target 5 pk and was wondering if that would work. I saw a few more of those 3.75" figures and superman's head look different when compared to the same figure. Maybe its the paint or how they got made or maybe i need glasses.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:34 am 
Dog Squeezer

Zim wrote:
Now i get it, its the accesories. I have not sesn the other ones without accesories, whee are they sold. Anyone have pics?

I don't think the ih heads would fit but i was looking at the bruce wayne head from the target 5 pk and was wondering if that would work. I saw a few more of those 3.75" figures and superman's head look different when compared to the same figure. Maybe its the paint or how they got made or maybe i need glasses.

Some 3.75" Superman photos here on my blog.
http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/mycorner/Blog/index.html

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:34 pm 
active in the community

I actually like these figures, even more than the Iron man 3, Dark Knight Rises, or Green Lantern ones.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:23 pm 
Cold-cast

so where do you find the ones without the accessories?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:01 pm 
active in the community

I have not seen them in strores yet so I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Big Lots has them @$5 each. They look pretty bad.